BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what 50 hours of polishing and refining looks like. It was topped off with Gyeon ceramic sealant. The car is low mileage and as you can see immaculate. Was wondering if others have used PPF strategically to protect wheel arches etc?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Is it the quality of the image or is it me still seeing a lot of orange peel in the light reflections?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I saw the same and think it's mostly the image quality. If you click into it and zoom, it looks like the image is a bit over-exposed and that has created some noise that might look like orange peel. Natural light photos would be better.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I thought that too, but if you look at the reflection in the tail light plastic, its a clean reflection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paintwork is indeed very smooth with no orange peel although the paint depth gauge showed a complete respray at some point in its history. Will photograph in natural light when I get the chance as the studio lighting is ultra bright to bring out any defects.

The car has been a long time coming and i only wanted the best I could find and damn the expense. Its a proper car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Minty fresh interior

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a milky grey before the deep clean. Still dont think its 100% but it is 18 years old, so guess in 18 years i've aged as well.

Spent a fair bit on the old girl already but next bit is suspension refresh. Its not the miles, but the age in this case. Rubber hardens and bushes lose compliance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I replaced every single rubber bushing in my M5s suspension last fall, and the entire steering system, literally feels like a brand new car. Your car looks great. Nice thing about the ceramic is it lasts and lasts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts