BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For many of us there is a passion about our 6 series. Almost unexplainable at some level. I have read so many times about someone going out to the garage just to look at their 6er or missing it when away or if it's in the shop. What is it about this car that pulls us in this way? This video might answer that question.

I'm a big fan of the TED Talks series. If you are not familiar with TED Talks, this is great start.

Remember that this was shot in 2002 and the 1st 645 did not hit the US till late 2003.

Chris Bangle: Great cars are great art | Talk Video | TED.com

Enjoy

·
Registered
976 Posts
I believe it is because the car has ultimate levels of MOJO. It does for me.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Indeed-back in 2007, I was looking to replace my CLK 500 AMG and was looking at S5's and I picked up a 650i sport that was very cool. Then the M6 followed-I drove a 550, a new 6 and the M6-no comparison. There is a certain amount of exclusivity, luxury, and high performance which is difficult to find in most vehicles.
Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree. Ever since the launch of the 635csi, I've thought these were awesome vehicles. First it's a BMW, so you know you are getting a quality designed piece of rolling artwork, second, the lines and stance of the M6 are very hard to beat. I know there are detractors out there who don't like the biggish rear end, but I love the design. Add in the fact that you have over 500 horses under the hood chomping at the bit, makes for a great combination of style, luxury, and performance that can't be touched in vehicles under 100k. I'm grinning just thinking about it :7:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. Ever since the launch of the 635csi, I've thought these were awesome vehicles.
I totally agree!! One of my favorite body styles along with the 3.0CSi. :wroom:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Why do people even hate the bangle butt boot lid style? Is it the square-ish/boxy shape?

I liked the back-end of the M6 initially when I bought it, but have grown to equally love the front now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The only design change I believe should have occurred is the M6 should have been made with a wider body/ more pronounced wheel arches than all other 6's. I love the design but sometimes wish the view of the back was more..............planted.

Perhaps spacers help achieve that look, I haven't seen comparison photos of before and after spacers, viewed directly from the back though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts