BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention all SSC owners, spotters and enthusiasts!

Given the success of the Unofficial Koenigsegg Registry over at the Koenigsegg Forum, we are now also starting an Unofficial Registry of SSC cars here on the GTBoard. We would like to positively identify as many SSC’s as possible. If you spot an SSC, try to photograph (or at least write down) the VIN and any other pertinent information about it. SSC’s have the VIN visible in three locations: on the dashboard at the base of the driver's side windshield pillar (visible through the windshield glass), on the data plate on the trailing edge of the driver’s door, and on the forward driver’s door jamb. Obviously, to see the last two the driver’s door must be in an open position. There is also a chassis plate mounted on the console, forward of the shifter. This plate will state the year and chassis number of the car, in a format like this: SSC-YY-###. Start a new thread for any previously unidentified SSC’s you find, and we will edit them into the list in this thread.

SSC has an extremely low production; we should be able to get the majority of the SSC’s identified by chassis number. SSC owners, your car's own thread would be a great place to include pictures, information, and stories about your car!

Here are the SSC’s we have identified so far.
We are still in need of complete VINs for some of these:

#P1 - 2004 Aero SC8/T Copper / Grey 1S9SA28444W944001
#P2 - 2005 Aero SC8/T Silver / Red 1S9SA28445W944002
#P4 - 2005 Aero Gold / Black
#001 - 2007 Ultimate Aero Blue / Grey 1S9SA28447W944001
#002 - 2007 Ultimate Aero Grey / Grey 1S9SA28447W944002
#004 - 2007 Ultimate Aero Red / Grey 1S9SA28447W944004
#005 - 2007 Ultimate Aero White / Red & Black
#006 - Ultimate Aero Orange / Orange & Grey
#011 - 2010 Ultimate Aero Orange / Orange & Black 1S9SA28440W944011
#014 - 2010 Ultimate Aero Green / Black 1S9SA28440W944014
#015 - 2011 Ultimate Aero Grey / Black 1S9SA28441W944015

(Thanks to Alan W for # 6, and Edvar van Daalen for #15)

Known SSC’s needing VIN confirmation:

Ultimate Aero Blue & White / Blue & White
Ultimate Aero White / Black & Red
Ultimate Aero Grey / Grey & Black
Ultimate Aero II prototype White

SSC’s are among the rarest cars in the world; as a consequence they are not seen very often. My hope is that this registry will help bring more SSC’s to light for all to appreciate, and be a source of greater information exchange on these cars. Everybody be on the lookout and get those VIN's!

For a discussion of SSC VINs and VIN structure, see Decoding SSC VINs.

Thanks all,
Matt

·
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At long last, I have finally taken the time to put this together! Whatever your opinions are of these cars (and I know they vary greatly!), I hope you will find this registry informative, and leads to more cars being found and information shared. The linked threads contain merely a sampling of the photos that are out there of these cars, feel free to add others, or your own. As of now, most of the links above do not highlight when the cursor is placed over them; I am not sure why this is, but I will work on it. I've been putting this together for two hours, so it's time for a break, but trust me the links do work!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Amazing work you have done Matt, makes me appriciate the work they've done with these rare supercars. That said , I must say that Ultimate Aero has a long way to go to earn the trust they actually deserve.

I dont like anything they have put together, not the engine , the interiour , the exteriour. It has a long way to go in terms of reliability , I have heard only bad stories about these cars breaking down constantly. I would take a koenigsegg or a veyron million times before this. Man it's an ugly machine.

They made the first mistake by building their cars only to be the fastest in the world. FIRST , please make it reliable , and during the first years you gain experience , start making it faster. This brand needs alot of improvements to earn my respect ( yes , I know , who cares about my respect ). SSC Aero has a long way to go.

But good luck to them anyway , they seem to improve , lets hope for the best :noSMG:

·
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Added the new Ultimate Aero II prototype! This is a very exciting time for SSC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts