BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
the tiff needell tests the mclaren f1 is the funniest thing i've ever seen....its a huge file but worth the wait...you should see the facial expressions when he floors the thing...he literally sh*ts in his pants

forgot to add...great find greg....you the man

john

[This message has been edited by leebro1 (edited 02 November 2000).]

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
ooooh....had my mouth open in fascination the whole time as the mclaren pushed and pushed on the track...

Greg is right, this video sure has a high drool factor

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Fantastic! Greg, thanks for all the video finds! To see Tiff so excited, and a little shocked, is great fun!

ME

·
Registered
722 Posts
Greg,

I've visited this web site and downloaded the large file of Tiff driving the F1 ("mclaren.asx"). In contrast to the other video downloads suggested from the M5 message board, this one won't run on my Mac (using the current version of QuickTime Player). What sort of file does the suffix ".asx" identify in "PC-speak"?

I revisited this site to attempt a repeat download, but the site is now unavailable.
Oh well, I know F1's are something to behold. I wish I could have been one of the beholders.

Richard

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I don't know what ASX stands for. The Windows Media Player plays this file - but I've never seen another video in this format. It's a pretty good format, though - the file is smaller than some of the .mpg's I have, and yet longer at at least equal, if not better quality.

Anyone else know?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alberto - Great Video!

Can anyone identify the car?
It is very hard to spot what this guy did wrong. It's hard to hear, but I THINK he was braking hard while turning in. (He must have been, otherwise his car was set up with WAY too much oversteer.) Still, he corrected properly and quickly - just too much oversteer and bad luck...

Other opinions?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jean-Christophe -

Sorry - this is a weird file type. Apparently it won't work for Macs. I cannot mail it to you - it is 27Mb - my ISP won't accept an attachment larger than 5Mb.

Can someone else help Jean-Christophe?

/Greg

·
Registered
260 Posts
I bet the car has the engine in the back (a Porsche like the one in front?). Once the rotational momentum started, it was all over...
Originally posted by greg:
Alberto - Great Video!

Can anyone identify the car? ...too much oversteer...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by greg:
Alberto - Great Video!

Can anyone identify the car?
It is very hard to spot what this guy did wrong. It's hard to hear, but I THINK he was braking hard while turning in. (He must have been, otherwise his car was set up with WAY too much oversteer.) Still, he corrected properly and quickly - just too much oversteer and bad luck...

Other opinions?
It looks like an H on the steering wheel. The vents look like the new Honda too. He should have opened up the wheel as he ran off the track. It loked like he tried to steer back on to the track and pinched in too much causing the roll.

------------------

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll put my bets on a 95 Maxima... I'm pretty sure thats what the wheel looks like.

peace

matt

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone can put the "Tiff driving the McLaren" video on some ftp or something like that?
it seems it's not available from that site anymore..
I really wanna see it!!

GMB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts