BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys what a surprise was it today when I saw the new M5 in I guess metalic blue in Hermosa Beach, California. It was followed by a black 5 series and a camouflaged third car... not sure what it was.
I rushed to be next to the driver of the M5, a big fella, and he lowered his window.... I said "is it out yet?" and he said "no" it's a test car.
Then I put my hand next to my ear as if tell him let me hear it and he gives it gas and takes off..... oh boy what a sound :haha:
He then makes a left :byee55amg

·
Registered
86 Posts
mguirg_gt74 said:
Guys what a surprise was it today when I saw the new M5 in I guess metalic blue in Hermosa Beach, California. It was followed by a black 5 series and a camouflaged third car... not sure what it was.
I rushed to be next to the driver of the M5, a big fella, and he lowered his window.... I said "is it out yet?" and he said "no" it's a test car.
Then I put my hand next to my ear as if tell him let me hear it and he gives it gas and takes off..... oh boy what a sound :haha:
I guess he is a hollywood junky ! :mad:
If i was you I would hit his car and give him the finger
and hit the nearest highway :hihi:
:byee55amg :byee55amg :byee55amg

·
Registered
75 Posts
mguirg_gt74 said:
I guess I didn't make myself clear the guy was cool and was not rude in any way
I don't get how anyone could take your post as a negative to the tester. It sounds like he was very nice about it.

I wish I was there to witness that...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
SOhp101 said:
I don't get how anyone could take your post as a negative to the tester.
Just another example.. thinking about Gustav's thread. And some wonder how the wars start.

Anyway, back to the topic. It did sound like the guy was pretty cool. I wish they tested the cars out my way, I haven't seen or heard of one yet in this area. Maybe you should have asked him for a ride! I wouldnt be surprised if he would have thought about it seriously if the others cars weren't with him.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have the newest BMW dealership (it looks huge) open in the southbay (190th st x Hawthorne Blvd) I would guess a month ago and I suspect that the BMW that I saw belongs to them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
mguirg_gt74 said:
We have the newest BMW dealership (it looks huge) open in the southbay (190th st x Hawthorne Blvd) I would guess a month ago and I suspect that the BMW that I saw belongs to them.
I've spoken with an owner of a dealership on this one. As of last week no one outside BMW-HQ owns an M5 in the So-Cal area. The cars we're seeing here are all being "tested" out of the Oxnard facility. The dealers are getting a "look see" one by one while the drivers test.

Celsius

·
Registered
651 Posts
mguirg_gt74 said:
I have seen this group and the M5 around here a few times recently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts