BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife and I are quite excited as we have finally ordered the airline tickets and eurorail passes for our 5 week vacation in Europe. Some much needed R&R is in the works.cherrsagai This will be the first time either of us has been to Europe. The trip will cover from 4/9 to 5/14.

Our itinerary is set, although somewhat flexible. I wonder if the board might have ideas about some of the attractions that should not be missed while in Europe. We have over a week in each, Germany, Italy and around the Netherlands and Belgium, so there is def. some free time in these areas. I am hoping to see the Nurenburgring, BMW museum, Mercedes and Hofbrau House, of course. Any body have additional ideas, suggestions and inputs?

We also have a little time in London and Spain. If any of the London guys could recommend a pub, that isnt too far off the train, that would be great.

Unfortunately I wont have the opportunity to take Orinoco out onto the Autobahn for a spin.:crying: It would have been nice. Maybe I can rent one of those, what are they called, Seats, to race around in.:noSMG: I hardly think it would compare.

Well, I look forward to any input the group has. If anyone has the time, it would be nice to try and meet some of you, if the schedule can accomidate. It would be nice to attach names and faces from the board.

Take Care,

Greg

·
2,941 Posts
AndyE said:
Greg - For information on the Nurburgring, check out:

www.nurburgring.org.uk

Enjoy your trip. Are you really away from April 9th to May 14th?
Greg,

Myself and some other members of he German E34 ///M5 forum will visit the Nordschleife during the weekend of 22-23 April. I for myself only on Sunday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raymond,

That sounds like a great time. As of now our days in Germany start on the 26 of April and extend untill the 4th. I am going to see what I can do about juggling a little and maybe move time in Germany up a few days.

Andy,

We are really away that many days. It is more than just a vacation, it is also our honeymoon, and one year anniversary wrapped into a neat little bundle. We were married on 4/27 last year in Vegas, and the work situation didnt allow any free time untill the late fall and winter. Didnt feel like treking across Europe in December, so we set plans for March, and then pushed those out a little and here we are now. In Vegas for our wedding we had a dinner/party at Hofbrau House with friends and family, and on our anniversary we will get to hang out at the real Hofbrau House with some new friends.

Is the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart worth a visit?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
73 Posts
raymond woertman said:
Greg,

Myself and some other members of he German E34 ///M5 forum will visit the Nordschleife during the weekend of 22-23 April. I for myself only on Sunday.
breakerbacker,
first off, sorry to hijack your thread. Hope you have a blast here in Germany, it's a great country.

Raymond,
i've been wanting to go to nordschleife very badly, thought maybe i'd make a trip up there as a birthday gift to myself (it's April 26th) and I would love to hang out with you guys if that would be alright. I'm American, my German isn't excellent but i'm learning. What do you think?
Shawn

·
2,941 Posts
doc_76544 said:
breakerbacker,
first off, sorry to hijack your thread. Hope you have a blast here in Germany, it's a great country.

Raymond,
i've been wanting to go to nordschleife very badly, thought maybe i'd make a trip up there as a birthday gift to myself (it's April 26th) and I would love to hang out with you guys if that would be alright. I'm American, my German isn't excellent but i'm learning. What do you think?
Shawn
Shawn

Excellent :thumbsup: I look forward meeting you.

You can find more information on This link

:cheers:

Raymond

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
When I was at Porsche in 1999 the Porsche museum was not worth seeing, really small. However the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart is very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts