BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He's been there before checking out his gorgeous collection of cars:

http://autozine.kyul.net/article/brunei/sultan.htm

Apparantly htey are friends kinggf fellow car nuts!

The King drove Mille Miglia with Prinz Leopold of Bavaria in a BMW 328 and has been an BMW M fan for ages:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13338&highlight=swedish+king

and I as well as a member have spotted the King before in an M5 of course :) He have had 3 or 4 BMW M5 of all generations:

Another story´from member Kalbas:

This thread reminded me that a guy I met in the South of France told me a story.

He was working as a salesman for the Cavallari Garage, importer of Ferraris in Monte Carlo, when he got a phone call in English from a very polite gentleman, asking him if he could drive up to St Tropez (very trandy in the summer, nice cars, big yachts, the rich and famous hang out there. It is about 68m/110km away from Monaco) to discuss the sales of 2 new Ferraris.

You know the salespeople; selling a new Ferrari is already cool (even in Monte Carlo) but 2 !!

He asked his name and the person said "call me Carl" and said his was aboard his Yacht in the Port of St Tropez gave his mobile numer, set up appointement.

The guy dressed up (big client !) hit the road -in the summer it is really hot and traffic can take about 2 1/2 to 4 hours to drive there ! - got to the yacht met the (apparent) owner: "hi, I'am Carl he said, offered him a drink and they started to do their business on a first name basis as Carl has asked him to.

At one point some kind of assistant discreetly came to Carl as he had a phone call or something important to attend to. He excused himself, and the salesman started to feel really uncomfortable as he kind of noticed some royal manners (something sounding like "your highness" in the assistant's way of interrupting Carl.

He approached that man who stayed near the salesman (you don't leave guests alone) and asked him "I feel akward (sp?), is this person someone I should know about?

The assistant told him that he was the king of Sweden !!! The salesman told me he had never felt so much like an idiot in his entire life!!

The king returned and the salesman apologised to him saying he didn't know who he was, but the king told him "we started on a first name basis, let's continue that way".

I think he ordered the 2 cars anyway.

Maybe some members from Sweden could tell us if their king could be doing such a thing and if he is that much of a car fanatic.

Hi to you all, special thoughts to Gustav in NY, have fun with East Coast members meeting you.

Great sunny day -chilly- from Paris, Fr

·
Registered
326 Posts
The king sounds like a classy guy.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I like the "call me Carl" story - thanks for posting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oh, so that explains the preperations this nation has been making over the past few days. And I suppose it also explains the sweedish origina of those sky-blue flags with two yellow stripes encompassed within it. ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Doesn't the Sultan own the most exclusive stable there is?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes he does. At least three Dauer 962 LeMans and hundreds of Rolls Royces, F1 cars etc.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well, if I had the money, I would probably do exactly the same. But isn't it a bit stupid to buy so many cars of the same type, you can't drive three Bauers at the same time..

·
Registered
492 Posts
Gustav said:
Yes he does. At least three Dauer 962 LeMans and hundreds of Rolls Royces, F1 cars etc.
And he has the most amazing "station wagon" I have seen.
A Ferrari 456!

Link

But I do prefer the blue one I have seen in a magazine, think it was for sale in London 2 years ago, price ~€550.000

·
Registered
968 Posts
red_wings05 said:
And he has the most amazing "station wagon" I have seen.
A Ferrari 456!

Link

But I do prefer the blue one I have seen in a magazine, think it was for sale in London 2 years ago, price ~€550.000
Hey mate... I've seen that car several times. Shows up at the cinema often, and its not yellow. Dark silver if I remember correctly. As I don't bring a camera to the movies, never got the chance to take a photo of the car, but it looks darn good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Chatting about Porsches :hihi: ? Carl-Gustav have had a 911 targa in the seventies and the Sultan have a few Duaer 962 porsches and 959 I assume.

The Sultan was awarded with the "Serafimerorden", a Swedish version of being knighted I guess :confused:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Gustav said:
The Sultan was awarded with the "Serafimerorden", a Swedish version of being knighted I guess :confused:
Another 6 syllables to add to the Sultan's already, very long name "Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Negara Brunei Darussalam"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts