BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Opsss :noSMG:

No personal injury, but maybe a bit embarrising.

Anyway he as a very good taste in car, did not know he had an M3 CSL

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Our beloved king, why, why?!

Maybe he was trying to powerslide around the roundabout and the result was this...

What a king you have!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Swedish King Rear-Ends Another Car

(08-25) 14:00 PDT STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) --

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden rear-ended a car with his BMW at a roundabout Thursday, but both the monarch and the other driver were unhurt, the royal court said.

The king was driving through Norrkoping, about 60 miles southwest of Stockholm, when the car in front of him stopped abruptly because of a cyclist crossing the road, court spokeswoman Ann-Christine Jernberg said.

Both cars were slightly damaged, she said.

The monarch and an aide were returning to Stockholm from the island of Oland off Sweden's southeastern coast.

The king is an avid motorist and often chooses to drive across the country in one of his several cars, instead of riding with the country's security police.

Police said the king was not suspected of comPolice said the king was not suspected of committing a traffic offense.

·
Registered
455 Posts
haha i remember watching a vid of some guys sliding round a busy roundabout in their CSL, perhaps it was him kinggf ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: Swedish King Rear-Ends Another Car

Osodog said:
Police said the king was not suspected of committing a traffic offense.
Uh, failure to maintain adequate distance?

Next thing you know the subject, uh motorist, who got hit will say "I backed into the King, sorry"

:)
:)

A

PS All in jest- any monarch who drives themself is cool

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Re: Swedish King Rear-Ends Another Car

ouch... poor CSL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Erik said:
Anyway he as a very good taste in car, did not know he had an M3 CSL
He got the CSL just a few weeks ago. According to reports he was very excited when I got it delivered. It was a used one with about 20000km on it if I remebered correctly.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Can you imagine the reaction of the person he hit when they got out of their car and saw who had hit them! :biggrin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe the king already has regrets for not accepting Gustav's offer to review his new M5 and learning a few tricks from the non noble.:sad1:

·
Registered
853 Posts
What a cool King!! His Majesty does have incredibly good taste in cars. What other cars does he have?

Millie

·
Registered
492 Posts
Millie Miglia said:
What a cool King!! His Majesty does have incredibly good taste in cars. What other cars does he have?

Millie
I know he got a Ferrari 456, Porsche GT3 and E39 M5.
He also have a few old classics but I can't remember which ones.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would say poor guy but then again he is the kong of Sweden, no problem for him to get a new CSL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts