BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Scientific Proof)

The science of astronomy states that the speed of planet Mars has been decreasing in its course towards the eastern direction in the past few weeks to the level we notice the "waver" between the east and the west..and on Wednesday the 30th of July the planet's movement stopped going toward the eastern direction..!!!

Then in the months of August and September...Mars changed its course to the opposite direction until the end of September..which means the sun was rising from the west on Mars!!

And this weird phenomena of the opposite movement is called "Retrograde Motion." Mosts scientist state that all the planets, including planet earth, will experience this phoenomena at least once.

Planet Earth will move in the opposite direction some day and the sun will rise from the west!!

This might occur soon and we are unaware when it'll happen.

It is a strong belief in the muslim faith that the sun will rise from west one day, and that time will be the biggest identity of the day of Judgement as it is one of the last signs of Judgment day.

The Prophet Mohammad said: "One of the signs of the hour is the rise of the sun from the west, where no longer tauba (forgiveness) will be granted" !!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
what I've always found amazing is the fact that.........

our so called "modern science" and old religious text and or scriptures have so much in common. So my point is, how did these "guys" know what the future will be and predict it, several hundred years ago (Islam) and thousands of years ago (Christianity) ??????????

Makes one really think about who gave the writers this info or how they came to these conlusions. The BIG MAN above?
kinggf

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: what I've always found amazing is the fact that.........

FAST 5 said:
who gave the writers this info ...The BIG MAN above?
kinggf
It must be :typing:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Because of conservation of angular momentum, the Earth (and everything else) will continue to travel in the direction it is rotating unless acting on by an outside force.

Think about a spinning ice-skater. She will keep spinning in one direction, and keep spinning in that direction, and keep spinning in that direction. The only things which will slow her down are friction with the ice against her skates or when she opens her arms out and redirects herself.

The same thing is happening with the Earth except there is no ice, and there are no arms. There are a few things which are slowing down the rotation of the Earth. Gravitational interactions with the Moon and the Sun are slowing it down ever so slightly. The Sun will die out long before we slow down enough that we're not rotating relative to it (like the Moon is to us). That means that the only thing which could cause us to go retrograde (as mathman said) would be a huge (and I mean huge... as big as Mars at least) asteroid impacting us in the correct position and direction to blow off our angular momentum.

To visualise this, think of the skater again. To slow her spin down (and hurt her, I'm sure) you put a big block off to the side. She spins into it, and it stops the spin (and she gets a huge bruise probably)
'

The above was taken from a astronomy board.

And from my knowlege of physics and math, I concur with this. The only way the sun will rise from the west is if the Earth reverses its direction of rotation around its axis. This is not the same as revolution around the sun.

The issue of the sun rise on Mars is a little confused here. Retrograde motion is a "quirk" of the difference in orbits of mars and earth. The sun rise on mars did not, and will not change change its position, barring some catrostrophic metor impact. Retrograde motion is the percieved motion of mars as seen from earth.

Here is the Nasa webstie explaining retrograde motion

So retrograde motion is what we percieve mars to be doing from our position on earth. so a planet cannot really undergo retrograde motion, it is better thought of as what we "see" mars doing. and this happens every 26 months to our pecieved view of mars from earth.

Hope this helps, so don't worry about the apoclypse anytime soon, at least from the sun rising in the west.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Aviator said:
And from my knowlege of physics and math, I concur with this. The only way the sun will rise from the west is if the Earth reverses its direction of rotation around its axis. This is not the same as revolution around the sun.
The earth doesnt have to reverse its direction of rotation around its axis for this phenomenon to happen. All the earth has to do is slowly turn upside down so that its axis are in oppposite directions.

Only then will the phenomenon of the sun rising from the west will be witnessed!

·
Registered
487 Posts
What force(s) acting on the Earth would cause the Earth to begin to turn upside down relative to what we consider to be "up?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts