BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ride got pimped by the Shadowman. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He did what he said he was going to do when promised. Provided great support. He helped me put togethor the perfect combination of go fast parts even before the transaction was finalized. I can't say enough about what a great experience it was dealing with such an honest, knoledgeable person. We did the UUC shifter, clutch/flywheel, Supersprint exhaust, Ground Control Suspension (slow on delivery and very unresponsive but a great product), air horns, Grouppe M intake, etc.

I have driven and owned some extremely fast cars and raced professionally and I can assure you Shadowman is as legitimate as they come. Thanks again for delivering a product that exceeded my expectations with no hassles. Absolutely incredible. All hale the Shadowman!!!!!!!!!!

Fastzoom<o:p></o:p>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,564 Posts
Sounds like Bill and all of Discovery should be up for the men of the year award. After hearing too many horror stories, it is great to see someone consistantly crank out outstanding products without hiccups. Enjoy the beast (like I even need to say that) and get some pics up!
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
It was a pleasure working with you as well

And although we did not do the installation in house we were happy to design a normally aspirated package for you and help facilitate the pieces.

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your project. We look forward to seeing pictures of your completed Beast.

Please don’t hesitate to contact either Shadowman or I should you need help with anything else.

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Fastzoom said:
My ride got pimped by the Shadowman. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He did what he said he was going to do when promised. Provided great support. He helped me put togethor the perfect combination of go fast parts even before the transaction was finalized. I can't say enough about what a great experience it was dealing with such an honest, knoledgeable person. We did the UUC shifter, clutch/flywheel, Supersprint exhaust, Ground Control Suspension (slow on delivery and very unresponsive but a great product), air horns, Grouppe M intake, etc.

I have driven and owned some extremely fast cars and raced professionally and I can assure you Shadowman is as legitimate as they come. Thanks again for delivering a product that exceeded my expectations with no hassles. Absolutely incredible. All hale the Shadowman!!!!!!!!!!

Fastzoom<o:p></o:p>
Where in San Diego are you fastzoom ? I am in Carlsbad. I must check this thing out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share that which you shared with me privately while driving your car after it was modified.

It was an enjoyable experience having the opportunity to work for you. The team that you assembled to install the numerous pieces that we furnished as well as to complete the final details made the service we provided for you shine. Like yourself they were a pleasure to work with.

With your racing background as well as the other extreme vehicles you own and drive your comments mean an awful lot.

In addition I always like to mention how much comments from others as well as those that simply take the time to view the post means to me; thank you.

Have fun and take care.

Shadowman
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Nice! Photos would be great. Is a supercharger planned?

Cheers, Daniel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is in the shop getting alligned and corner balanced. We are also playing with the shock settings, ride height, camber and toe settings to get it just right. Pictures should be available in a few days. Thanks for your interest. It's definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Fastzoom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,504 Posts
Fastzoom,

What spring rates from GC did you end up going with? Also, I assume you've seen the threads here about GC, ride height, etc...

Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using 500/400lb spring rates and it seems to be the perfect set up so far. No bump stop issues, no harsh ride, puts the power down coming out of corners, doesn't want to bounce off the road, very predictable, slight understeer but able to induce throttle oversteer......perfect!!!

Fastzoom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,679 Posts
Fastzoom said:
I'm using 500/400lb spring rates and it seems to be the perfect set up so far. No bump stop issues, no harsh ride, puts the power down coming out of corners, doesn't want to bounce off the road, very predictable, slight understeer but able to induce throttle oversteer......perfect!!!
Just when I thought I'd finished with mods...... :3: :confused3 :confused2

So I've got 40K miles on my KW coilovers with their progressive rear springs.... Don't you think a suspension replacement is justified here?

Can I get an Amen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,469 Posts
Teutonaddict said:
J

So I've got 40K miles on my KW coilovers with their progressive rear springs.... Don't you think a suspension replacement is justified here?

Can I get an Amen?
Dave,

Aman. More? OK, Amen. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Seriousely, the GC kit is an excellent ride.

BTW, have a chance to caliper your rotors yet? lovelove

CP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,504 Posts
Fastzoom said:
I'm using 500/400lb spring rates and it seems to be the perfect set up so far. No bump stop issues, no harsh ride, puts the power down coming out of corners, doesn't want to bounce off the road, very predictable, slight understeer but able to induce throttle oversteer......perfect!!!

Fastzoom
Thanks for the data. Are you using a Dinan rear bar also?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top