BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's finally awake after more than a year of beauty sleep!

Clip 1

Clip 2

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MY GOD!!!! :eek:

I'M SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! :blabla:

I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF! :sad2:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Fart,

both Black and I used Discovery Automotive coupons and we only paid 29.99 plus Shipping and handling for the upgrades.

Just know its less than the supposed price of a new E60 M5.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am curious to know how reliable these cars will be with these upgrades?

Congrats guys, please gives some video of these cars in action.

Marion

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Marion,

You can speak with Shadowman on the topic that you brought up but I will contribute some info...

i spent nearly 2 months speaking with shadowman after the car left "that place---RMS" and set out to use components that are not only capable of making power but are of better quality and realiability that those that come from the factory.

both shadowman and I have long long conversations on building this motor not just for the first 10,000 miles but for the second 100,000 miles.

While I do not know all the parts that Black and Shadowman came to use, im sure they are very close to those that I chose to use. hence..both engines should be seen as "oem level" in terms of reliability...at a minimum

Fart..your right, im not funny. Its also 4am here, so im short on the funny this am.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks basil.. We sure will be looking out for those e60 m5ers cherrsagai

ahmed,
want to race from airport after we pick her up? mmmmmm

RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Abdulla,

CONGRATS MAN!!! We both are very happy right now and none of this could have happened without those there at Discovery.

ps..mines louder!

Thanks alot.. we should congratulate each other for what has been achieved especially after what we went through with the World famous conman ([email protected]).... And thanks to Discovery for bringing her to life..

P.S. im not sure if yours is louder but i know that your next project (sc X5) wont be faster than my cayenne :hihi:

Remember a 750hp upgrade is possible :1:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
abdulla...dont tell anyone, but im doing the twin supercharger pkg to the x5. Bill says that 750 is possible. actually...i dont have an x5 and im certainly not going to supercharge it...im just messing around

·
Registered
770 Posts
Regarding price on these projects. We decided a long time ago not to put out any type of supercharger in kit form. Instead we sit down with each client and discuss their goals for their car as a whole. Which can include everything from the wheels to an in dash XM Radio. It would be difficult to break out the cost for just the engine modifications since we wouldn’t do it unless you also did the drive train.. and then you’d need suspension and then that means you need exhaust oh and how about stopping it as well, Brembo BBK maybe.. you see where I’m going with this?

If you look at the parts list on Robs car then just do round numbers for fun

Brakes 10k
Exhaust 10k
Suspension 10k
Custom wheels tires 10k

Now that’s before we turned a wrench on the engine

This is not an engine upgrade, it’s a complete transformation of almost every major part of the vehicle.

But if someone wants a supercharger its available from Vortech for about $2500. Oddly enough you would not believe the emails I get that say just that. “I’m not interested in anything else for the car I just need a price on the supercharger”

?????? LOL

At the end of the day each D/A client will have an amazing one of a kind piece built specifically the way they dreamed it.

Sean

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
THATS HOW MUCH IVE SPENT ON MY CAR?!?! Sean why did you let me spend so much!
Well, let's see that is a 400 horsepower increase for $40,000, or $100 a pony. Hey Rob, IF ONLY it were that cheap!!! :thumbsup:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Black M5 said:
ahmed,
want to race from airport after we pick her up? mmmmmm
yes yes yes yes yes ohhhhh yes!!!! :haha: :haha:

but wiat.... what about the fluids????? shall i bring with me all the fluids?? cherrsagai

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
abdulla...dont tell anyone, but im doing the twin supercharger pkg to the x5. Bill says that 750 is possible. actually...i dont have an x5 and im certainly not going to supercharge it...im just messing around
so much for NOT tellin anyone ! hahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
jerry...

theres 40 and not a single thing on the engine yet....so really its like 200 per
YUP, that is why it was tongue in cheek. I said "IF ONLY"! cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 20 of 34 Posts