BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Further to my call last weekend I'm hoping that I'll get the call today to say that my M has been PDI'd and is ready for collection/delivery.:flag: Still undecided as to whether I should go up to collect or have it delivered.

The dealer has said that it would be better to come up for it as there are many things to go through with the car's workings so a technician would sit with me for half an hour or so. I'm thinking that with the help of this forum and reading the manual (constantly) I should be ok:wroom:
I have also ordered the M6 cab and am 3rd on my local dealer's list so there's alo the possibility of sitting with one of their staff to be fully introduced to the BEAST:M5eyes:

Anyway, quick questions for current owners enjoying the M5...I've been told that the 1200 mile first service is free. The dealer who ordered the car is invoiced by BMW. Is this true? Obviuosly I won't be driving back to Edinburgh to have the service done so what do I need for the local dealer to complete the service?

Not too long to go now...Should be in her by the weekend whatever I decide. :M5launch:
lovelove

K

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that going to go and collect it would be a better choice if possible, because you get to "break her in" all the way back to your home, and you can see the factory etc where she was made! (I think that is how it works when you take your own delivery) and like the dealer said, I imagine in a car as advanced as the M5, you could benefit from having a technician go with you 1 on 1 to help get you started on your beast!

Also, I must say, you are one lucky SOB!!! You are buying an M6 !!AND!! an M5!! Wow, that is amazing. Just make sure to take care of those beauties!
:M5rev: :cheers: :wroom: :M5eyes: :M5thumbs: :M5launch: cherrsagai

P.S. Post Pics of those machines when you get them please! :2:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good Day Sir

Congrats on the car. I used to live in Scotland and know that Dealership extremley well. I would go up and drive the car back. You will enjoy it.

I know some of the management of the dealer ship and the whole ethos up there is excellent.

Drive it back. Dont leave Edinburgh until about 7pm. Take the city by pass and then head for the A702 right through to the M74 Motorway. That road is fantastic. Even with the running restrictions you will enjoy it. :wroom:

Then its boring M74 to Carlisle and then M6 to Manchester.

Enjoy it my friend.

And congrats once again.:cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
I'll defo keep everyone posted when I finally get in the 5 and I'll post some pictures on the forum.
:M5rev: :cheers: :wroom: :M5eyes: :M5thumbs: :M5launch: cherrsagai
Ordering is one thing....paying 4 is another:hihi:

I've got a feeling that I'll end up "upgrading my 5 for a newer model. Still it's nice to have a choice...Yep one lucky (hardworking) SOB!cherrsagai

K.

P.S. Post Pics of those machines when you get them please! :2:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Amj.

Thanks for the tip...Might make a bit of a weekend of it and stay in Edinburgh on Friday and drive back mid afternoon/early evening Saturday.

I didn't actually buy the car through the dealership but through another dealer. Azur International is the name of the dealer I'm dealing with but I'm not sure of the name of the actual dealership.

I'll take your route but if it's in the evening I might find it hard not to suddenly develop "heayrightfootidness":M5launch:

K:M5thumbs:
Amjad Ali said:
Good Day Sir

Congrats on the car. I used to live in Scotland and know that Dealership extremley well. I would go up and drive the car back. You will enjoy it.

I know some of the management of the dealer ship and the whole ethos up there is excellent.

Drive it back. Dont leave Edinburgh until about 7pm. Take the city by pass and then head for the A702 right through to the M74 Motorway. That road is fantastic. Even with the running restrictions you will enjoy it. :wroom:

Then its boring M74 to Carlisle and then M6 to Manchester.

Enjoy it my friend.

And congrats once again.:cheers:

·
Registered
329 Posts
i would go there for the pickup and drive it back home.....
It's way more fun, and with a car as complicated as the E60 M5 it may be good do get the info from the salesman and to guide you through the options in the car.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dont try this at home folks!!!!

But my record from the bypass to the M74 is 26 mins which I did in a E34 3.8 5spd a long time ago!!!!!!!

Ps was at dusk

Even with running in I dont think you should have a problem beating that, but mind you I did hit 168 at one point.

Thats feet a minute officer :haha:

·
Registered
43 Posts
K,

You are one lucky man. I've only just signed up to the forum and have read about your saga. I'm also in the Manchester area and one dealership is quoting a possible 4 year wait and has 19 pending orders!!

I'm number 9 on the list at another dealership and just praying to get my beast next year.

As Amj says definitely drive down. I have travelled that route as the company I work for have an office in Livingston and my E46 M3 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The running in service is free but takes a couple of hours as its an engine oil and diff oil change. Having mine done Friday - yippee.

As I said before I would definately go and collect it, half an hour with a technician who knows the M5 will save you a lot of hassle with the manual. Its also nice to check it over thoroughly.

I would though try and avoid the Motorways on the way back as a good mix of engine and road speeds in its early life seem to be the recommendation. If you come back on Saturday you have plenty of time to take the scenic route down and through Kielder which has some great spots for new car piccies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts