BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to be in the UK & Europe this April for work and am to some extent, flexible on dates.

First, I would love the chance to meet up with some of the guys on here, particularly those I have been corresponding with for years. But even more so, I am hoping that I might be able to tag along on a trip to the Ring, if timing and my itinerary allows.

So are there any plans for an invasion of the Ring this year - hopefully in April? When does it re-open?

Regards

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Very exciting David .......... Are you coming over to shake up our parliamentary system ?

I have been talking to several members re a Nurburgring trip in April / May , although the ethos of the Ring appears to be becoming more and more profit focussed .

Meanwhile , I will definitely be available to meet at a mutually convenient time and you are more than welcome to visit my workshop for a lovely slice of homemade Suffolk cake and a good old cup of English tea !

D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi there all

Me, Andy and 3 of our friends will be at the ring at the end of April, for our yearly visit

D i think our Andys been chatting to you about our trip (vacation), your so right its turning into a massive money making machine now, i believe laps are 24 euros, and the entrance to that sorry excuse of a museum was £30 :(

I've done a few laps around the ring before and am really looking forward to sitting outside pinocchios with a pizza and a pint :).

Hope you guys can make it.

Best regards James, Andys bro.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Can't guarantee this will be finished yet tho

Rollcage got a bit out of hand.... She's yearning for tracktime however, she's only been around 500 times or so

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My plans have firmed up a little now - at least to the extent of the dates that I will be in Europe.

It currently looks like I will land in London on Friday 8 April and leave on Monday 18 April. This will give me two week-ends that I can keep clear (9/10 and 16/17) and if we can lock something in early, I can try to keep an extra day around either of those week-ends clear as well (but, obviously, not the 18th).

In the alternative and, as mentioned, very happy to meet up with you guys somewhere near London and, Stevie, even if a 'ring trip isn't on the cards (but would love to get there if I can), it is possible that on one of the week-ends I could come across. Just need to plan things that way.

Best regards

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
It may be a good opportunity to rekindle the Old Goat Meet in Hertfordshire .

I'll put the feelers out to guage the level of interest for either of the 2 weekends .

I will personally be happy to meet up on any of the given days that you are over David .

D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be great to meet up at the Old Goat. And David, certainly looking forwad to meeting you.

Regards

I'll put the feelers out to guage the level of interest for either of the 2 weekends .

I will personally be happy to meet up on any of the given days that you are over David .

D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Raymond. That sounds very attractive. The initial post was made on the off chance that there was a trip to the ring planned around then and, if so, I could tag along. As this doesn't appear to be the case, if I am going to get to and around the ring, I need offers like yours (Stevie made a similar offer). I can then plan to ensure I am there.

So if you are up to a trip there for a day, let's talk about which day best suits (and the same for you Stevie). Off the top of my head, the Saturday of the 2nd week-end I am there would work well for me, but I am flexible.

Regards

Hey David,

If you are going to the ring; I might be persuaded to drive down there (300km single trip) for a saturday or a sunday.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
David, thanks for setting up the thread on the Goat meet, which I note is now set to be 17 April. Because I am looking to fit in as much as I can, if it is possible to go to the ring to meet raymondw on Saturday 16 April and get back to London for the Goat meet on 17 April, that would be ideal for me!

I will look into options but would welcome advice based on local knowledge.

Cheers

D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hallo David, In your interest !
I just looked on the Nurbergring site : 09.04 Sa 13:30-19:00 / 10.04 So 08:00-19:00 The following WE 16.04 Sa 16:30-19:00 & 17.04 So 08:00-19:00. arer the Tourist opening times !!
Let me know if I can further assist . (Brisbane expat in Bonn)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Miles. Does this mean it is available on any of those days, or just the second week-end?

Regards

Hallo David, In your interest !
I just looked on the Nurbergring site : 09.04 Sa 13:30-19:00 / 10.04 So 08:00-19:00 The following WE 16.04 Sa 16:30-19:00 & 17.04 So 08:00-19:00. arer the Tourist opening times !!
Let me know if I can further assist . (Brisbane expat in Bonn)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The opening times are restricted on the Saturdays ( the second Saturday is open only between 16:30 & 19:00 ). The Sundays are full days.

Miles

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, ok, I see. Only really worth the trip if I go over for the first Sunday then. Not sure if I can do that, but still possible!

The opening times are restricted on the Saturdays ( the second Saturday is open only between 16:30 & 19:00 ). The Sundays are full days.

Miles

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
LOL @ thread development :thumbsup:

If a goat meet is on I'd be happy to come down again. e34 is in storage however, but doesn't really matter. You coming along Ray?

·
Registered
60 Posts
A friend and I are looking to go out there at the end of April, do you gents know anything about renting cars in germany? I'm not sure where we are going to be flying into.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stevie, the Goat meeting is on - the 17th at lunchtime.

It would be great to see both you and Ray there.

What about Wouter? I haven't heard from him in a long time and I certainly owe him a beer or two!

In terms of the ring, the 10th looks like a possibility. I would need to work out how to get there and find somewhere to stay, but have managed to keep the 11th free of business at the moment. Cheap flights would be nice!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

LOL @ thread development :thumbsup:

If a goat meet is on I'd be happy to come down again. e34 is in storage however, but doesn't really matter. You coming along Ray?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts