BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
10,449 Posts
Hmm, e34 m5C looks interesting, not sure if i like it. I do like the seats, look like those from an 8 series.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Nice find Gustav! It's cool to see these secrets revealed.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Thanks !

It has an almost identical seat belt arrangement as the R129 Mercedes SL....

·
Registered
310 Posts
This puts those semi-rare E320 convertibles to shame

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Cool!! Looks funky, kinda reminds me of the bentley azure mulliner.

Im more interested in that 5 Series touring! Has M5 Mirrors, front bumper, wheels. I wonder if its an E39 M5 touring?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Cool!! Looks funky, kinda reminds me of the bentley azure mulliner.

Im more interested in that 5 Series touring! Has M5 Mirrors, front bumper, wheels. I wonder if its an E39 M5 touring?
It is an M5 Touring mate, check out what Gustav says above !

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does anyone understand why BMW never actually released the M5T? The E34 M5T was excellent and Audi had also started doing 'super' estates. If the E39 M5T had been available I would have one of those instead of a saloon for sure

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
COOL ! check out the image on the TV screen !! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'd take both!! I think the e34c kicks ***! What they said in the article makes sense though. It probably would have dug into the sales of the E36 cabrio. Now we'll never know.....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ahhh i see. Got my hopes up. the E39 touring is IMO the best looking touring vehicle ive seen. Now if only there was a E39 M5 touring model.

·
Registered
12,785 Posts
I'd take both!! I think the e34c kicks ***! It probably would have dug into the sales of the E36 cabrio. Now we'll never know.....
I don't think so.

The E34 would have been way upmarket and way up priced. A similar vintage Mercedes convertible, the 320 Cabrio (93-95) which has a surprisingly similar overall shape, and was handbuilt, sold right at $80k here in 1995!!

If cannibalized sales was the real reason it didn't make the light of day (and they just figured it out ONE week before releasing it??????), then BMW management was FUBAR!
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 20 of 31 Posts