BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I was offered the keys to an Alpina B7 today and declined as I can't afford to pay if I crash it, so my friend took me for a spin.

Amazing car, twin turbo with linear power that never seems to stop. I thought my lightly modded M5 was fast! :dunno:

Oh, and every gadget/gizmo, plus more, simply an amazing car.

I want one

Thanks Kirk for the ride.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Drove the old model and loved it. Needless to say with all the gadgets and an auto box it'd be an excellent daily driver. Definitely not nimble compared to our cars but it handled good for what it is. The auto in the old one was rather crappy though. I wouldn't want a manual in something that big, but I didn't like the little buttons on the steering wheel to shift rather have paddles for when I'm feeling sporty. And the speed was dangerously deceptive with how smooth and quiet it was, one could easily get a ticket with out even trying to go fast.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Drove the old model and loved it. Needless to say with all the gadgets and an auto box it'd be an excellent daily driver. Definitely not nimble compared to our cars but it handled good for what it is. The auto in the old one was rather crappy though. I wouldn't want a manual in something that big, but I didn't like the little buttons on the steering wheel to shift rather have paddles for when I'm feeling sporty. And the speed was dangerously deceptive with how smooth and quiet it was, one could easily get a ticket with out even trying to go fast.

I am sure its brilliant like every new model tends to be.

The above quote could have been said about any BMW generational change.

E9>28,
E28>34
E34>39
E39>60

Every generation is a complete design and just gets refined over its 7 year life span (most models)

Then the boffins release a next gen model and we all have the same thoughts.

I have had a close relationship with E28, E34, E39 and I felt exactly the same.

Without doubt I could a run down a E28 M5 and most E34 M5 and all with a E39 540.

The serenity at speed in the E39 is fantastic but by time you realize your speed you are already going way fast.

Sure newer models are more refined and deceptive in their speed than their forefathers but that is what the public expects.

Just a massive pity that newer models require a much higher speed to have fun- way beyond loose your license territory.

Why? they are just so much more capable. Sucks that road laws for most of the world have not advanced like the cars.

To enjoy this car I would go to goal here in New South Wales, Australia. The Penal state, private contractors are used to fine people for tiny over speeds and they get a bonus for more fines.

To drive with the conditions like it should be will quickly loose your right to drive.

As you can see this is a major hate about modern life and government.

New BMW's just make it worse.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I am sure its brilliant like every new model tends to be.

The above quote could have been said about any BMW generational change.

E12>28,
E28>34
E34>39
E39>60
There, fixed that for ya! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts