BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
x2 I can't wait for the pics/specs tomorrow at 6ET!! I wanted a 135i but it was too new/expensive to be in my price range, but I'm glad I went with the E39 M5, one of my all-time favorite cars. This new 1M though is awesome, and I could see it replacing my other car (old modded Integra) in a few years. I'm actually trying to get my mom to get one (she's looking at '06-07 Boxster S's) and hope they keep the price down. I've heard $42-45k but somehow I feel like it will be a little higher.

M3 suspension, brakes, and rolling stock, in a smaller and slightly lighter package, with performance to likely match, at a lower price. Winner in my book.

·
Registered
931 Posts
What a nice car, excactly what you need to have some fun, a GTS version would be just perfect:cool2:

I see many new members joining m5board:cheers:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
1. M55555

·
Registered
832 Posts
1. M55555
2. BenTong

I can tell you now, the 135i is a formidable car. I've got mine up into E9x M3 power territory just by changing the air intake and remapping the ECU.
This though, upgraded brakes, suspension aero kit I cannot wait to test drive. Did I also see alcantara steering wheel?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just got the February Bimmer issue that reviews this car. Saving it for the long flight to Vietnam on Friday.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Just got the February Bimmer issue that reviews this car. Saving it for the long flight to Vietnam on Friday.
You'll need more mags than that bro. Trust me ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
You'll need more mags than that bro. Trust me ;)
Been taking these flights 5x/year since 2003. If i have a new car mag, I'll bring it. Otherwise, everything else is downloaded so I'm not carrying so much weight.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Been taking these flights 5x/year since 2003. If i have a new car mag, I'll bring it. Otherwise, everything else is downloaded so I'm not carrying so much weight.
You're good then! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I think 1M should be a winner if priced accordingly.. under $46K i hope. Handling should be super crisp.. I remember driving the Z4M and thought how unreal the car felt around turns.. very sharp around corners and the 1M has less weight, better suspension and driving dynamics.. So i reckon the 1M will be a blast to drive.. add more power and the 1M will probably best the E92 M3 on the track..

Will i own one, .. prob not.. too high strung for me... but it looks very nice and im sure it will sell very well..

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have been excited about this car for a long time because I am hoping that it will turn out to be a baby E39 M5:

Weight: 3,500 lbs (Hopefully less, but I have read lots of different figures. Regardless it will be smaller, and lighter!)

Horsepower: 350 hp (If this turns out to be true then this gives roughly the same power-to-weight ratio as our M5s!)

Torque: 370 ft/lb (If this turns out to be true then this is about the same amount of torque as our M5s, but in a lighter package!)

Electronic Driver Aids: I have been reading that it won’t have any adjustable dampers/ride settings, it won’t have electronic steering, and it won’t come with anything other than a 6-speed manual trans. Some have said it will have an M Button, but that it won’t do much more than our Sport Button.

Suspension & Drivetrain: I have also read that it will be getting an M3 diff, and M3 suspension components, all placed on a nice wide and chunky stance...plus, should I say it again? Yes. It's a 6-Speed...

I remain a little skeptical on whether the Motorsport cosmetic changes can turn the 1-Series exterior from cute and cuddly into aggressive and sharp, but from that video it looks great. However, I reserve judgment on aesthetics until I can see one in person.

Anyway, we will see what it is like once it gets on showroom floors! I could be completely wrong in my assessment...but this is currently on the top of my "Next Car List."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts