OK folks, it’s been far too long I know, but you can’t rush these things!
The Need For Speed M3 GTR that we bought last year is now finally finished and complete in its new form!
Here's the before pics:
The car is generally the same spec, but with the following changes:
1. Front splitter reduced in size
2. Rear bumper fins reduced in size
3. Daft boot spoiler replaced with the more desirable ACS carbon fibre one
4. Removed all NFS stickers
5. Removal of side exit exhaust
6. Fitted a full custom built, 1 off full 304 stainless steel exhaust with twin oval tail pipes
7. Removed half roll cage
8. Sourced and fitted a full black nappa leather interior from a 2006 M3 CS with 6K on the clock
9. Replaced Momo Steering wheel with a suede M3 CSL steering wheel
10. Fitted an M3 CSL Carbon Fibre centre console
11. Replaced all worn trims with new items
12. Lightly smoked the windows
13. Full suspension setup of the Bilstein PSS9 kit for road use rather than track
14. Placed a private reg M3 VDO on car
And here's the new creation:
The car has only covered a few thousand miles since it was built by Sumo Power for MTV back in 2005 and has been garaged ever since, it has now covered a minuscule 33,000 miles.
Sumo Power where commisioned the build a replica of the Hero Car from the computer game Need For Speed, in time for the new 'Mosted Wanted' release in 2005. The car cost a whopping £75,000 to build and was then given away on MTV's TRL show to its new owner to promote the launch of the new game.
The car was subsequently placed on eBay for sale in 2006 and sold for a reasonable £33,000. We purchased the car in 2007 and could see a hinden beauty. It has taken a while, but are very happy with its new form.
It is a 2002 E46 M3 in estoril blue with full BMW Service History. During our work on the car, it has been fully detailed and the paint work is truly faultless, the whole car is immaculate. We have replaced the stripped out race interior for one from a 2006 M3 CS that still has the new car smell. The suspension setup has really sorted the car, it now drives amazingly on the road, far superior to a standard M3 CSL, with its custom setup suspension, massive AP Racing brakes and full Carbon Fibre Front Bumper, Bonnet, Front Wings, Side Skirts, Rear Bumper and rear Boot Spoiler, this a one feather weight car that punches far above its class!
Hope you like it!
The car is now for sale on Autotrader.co.uk and Pistonheads for £26,995 ono. If you would like more information, please email: [email protected]