BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
How does the TT V8 in the X6M compare the the V10 in your M6?

Any lag or other issues?

I ask since the F10 M5 will use a similar TT V8 powerplant and there have been concerns about turbo lag, etc.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Are you out drivign all the time? :D
The X6M is my daily driver and to be honest--I don't mind running errands all the time now. Can't wait to get past the break-in

How does the TT V8 in the X6M compare the the V10 in your M6?

Any lag or other issues?

I ask since the F10 M5 will use a similar TT V8 powerplant and there have been concerns about turbo lag, etc.
What a gorge colour! Congratulations!
Funny, I thought this was going to be the case--When I had the 335i, you could hardly tell there was turbo lag, it was virtually non-existent and the power band seemed to go on forever! In the X6M, its the same story. I am still in break-in so I haven pushed it yet. However, its clear so far that its going to be the same situation. Little or no turbo lag and power of epic proportions! :M5launch:

Love your collection, and I think the red interior of the new car is sensational! Can you give us some feedback on the handling and feel of the X6 and its FI engine?
I like many had mixed feelings about a TT ///M vehicle. I still psychologically am wedded to the notion that a proper ///M has a NA engine. I do love the sounds, feel and performance of the M6. Having said that, if you didn't know there was a TT under the hood, you would be smiling all the way as you barrel down the road. I really have no complaints and am happy with the way BMW executed the X6M.

Wat kind of rims are those on the m6?
These are the stock rims.. notice they look very much like the M6 rims, but they have a character all of their own. The rubber is massive and grippy too!

All in all, I am pretty happy with this execution by the M division, notwithstanding all the controversy. Will get some more vidz up when I get a chance to take them. Cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I still have them in storage. the X6M rims are somewhat like the M6 rims but certainly with their own flair. Still loving the beast... very much still in break-in since I am away traveling :(

The previous question about your wheels was a member asking what kind of wheels were on your M6 vert, the aftermarket ones....:cool2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The previous question about your wheels was a member asking what kind of wheels were on your M6 vert, the aftermarket ones....:cool2:

Yes on the m6 not impressed with the x6 rims lol

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
These are 360Forged Carbon Fiber Rims. They are 22" with super low profile tires (Nitto Invo). Here is a close up of the rim.

Gustav, I did see the Hartage.. and I do like--definitely amazing. Although its not an M, this (Lumma X650) is also amazing!

Yes on the m6 not impressed with the x6 rims lol
See above

21 - 35 of 35 Posts