BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
:D If it's anything like "Audi" then it will be another load of poor economy and Handling Crap, no worries there.zzzzz

·
Registered
431 Posts
The latest episode of Top Gear had the M3 take on the Audi RS5 (which I did not know was out yet), and the extra power in the RS5 did
not enable it to beat the M3 around the track. The handling in the RS5 was full of massive under steer and the M3 beat it handily.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The latest episode of Top Gear had the M3 take on the Audi RS5 (which I did not know was out yet), and the extra power in the RS5 did
not enable it to beat the M3 around the track. The handling in the RS5 was full of massive under steer and the M3 beat it handily.
As we all know it does and the "Uprated C63" struggles to match the M3 as well. I drove the RS5 in Spain and the engine was dead till 5K RPM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
audi only makie /made 2 good drivers cars in recent years,the rs4 and the sublime r8 ,the others are great at covering ground,especially if you live in a wet climate,but lack in the entertainment department.The r8 is incredible though,in most respects superior to the gallardo.

·
Registered
652 Posts
audi only makie /made 2 good drivers cars in recent years,the rs4 and the sublime r8 ,the others are great at covering ground,especially if you live in a wet climate,but lack in the entertainment department.The r8 is incredible though,in most respects superior to the gallardo.
Before BMW I bought Audi's, S8,RS6, A6 V10, S8 V10 and the RS7 B7, all were poor handling cars bar NONE.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The front ends of the Audi looks like a bad version of an E-60. Unappealing to the say the least. And, as usual for Audis, the rear end is also unexciting.

With their understeer, aren't they sort of like old Porsche's being driven in reverse? :1:You know, the heavy end unable to track along with the light end.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Boys, Boys, Boys... Theres no need to judge a car before its released. Without a competitor like Audi, BMW would prob not be as great as they are. Audi, and Mercedes make great cars, maybe not for everyone but great nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Exactly. The styling looks like the current US styling of the Ford Taurus! Yawn

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would have to agree that Audi has had only two cars recently,the RS4 for us,and the R8 for the rich,personally i wouldnt mind the RS4!And reliability is also one aspect you have to remember,had a run in with a 3 month old S4 over a distance of 130km,we in a 2003 M5,both cars were hauling some serious a*s and when we arrived,stopped by a service station to chat and what do you know,there is coolant leaking from the Audi,took it to the dealership on Monday and voila,the radiator was cracked and the hoses were showing some cracks too!How bout that,and the M5 was still purring like a cat after all these years!

Reactions: Gustav
1 - 20 of 28 Posts