BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow, with 500 HP, 700 Nm, manual and available in Touring it will be a serious competitor to the new M5.
manual will be available, really? i did not know... *suprise*suprise*

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
kinda bland looking.

However, a manual option does sound pretty interesting. It will be interesting to see if a car like this changes BMW's mind about putting a manual in the M5, they might lose sales if not.

What is the pricetag rumored to be on this car?

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
vndkshn said:
kinda bland looking.

However, a manual option does sound pretty interesting. It will be interesting to see if a car like this changes BMW's mind about putting a manual in the M5, they might lose sales if not.

What is the pricetag rumored to be on this car?
It's not bland - that's total understatement.

The pricetag of previous Alpina versions was always in the rough vicinity of comparable M5 versions.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
700NM of torque is great, i think it will be very very interesting against the e60 m5...cant wait!

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Luv it!!

Love the manual 'box.
But the automatic will be a bestseller if sold in the USA... sorta like the Alipna Z8 roadster marketing ploy

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think it will be much faster then the M5.I'm certain the wheel power on the Alpina is more,probably even more at lower rpm's.Then there's the 200NM torgue advantage.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Cor-Jan said:
I think it will be much faster then the M5.I'm certain the wheel power on the Alpina is more,probably even more at lower rpm's.Then there's the 200NM torgue advantage.
once you are up the rev. it doesn't matter, both pushing 500hp, you can gear it to any torque on the wheel, I don't think it will be much faster, maybe faster 0 to 60, but pass that M5 should be even or winning depends on the gearing (and M5 is got 7 speed).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts