BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was worth sharing, and thought you guys would appreciate this. I found a few additional photos about the M8, and also wanted to correct the errors floating around in the base article on BMWBlog.com. Part of Drive 4 Corners BMW Meet is to release BMW-related content weekly. This week so happens to be about the special E31 M8 Prototype.
I know there are probably some errors in here, and I am hoping that you guys may be able to help me correct them!

Many automotive ideas hit the drawing board. However, far fewer ever make it to a prototype stage. The idea is clear cut, and the technology is there for production. But sometimes these cars have their plug pulled right before production ramp up. This weeks post is about one of those cars. Thanks to BMWBlog.com for sharing the base articles and photos! Drive 4 Corners has augmented the story, and corrected errors in the original document.

Click for full article: The Munich Myth | Drive 4 Corners BMW Meet

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks for posting - the article provides more insight, and many new pictures not seen before.

It's a little-known fact that the 850CSi carries the factory type designation "M8".

It would therefore be interesting to know which came first, the M8 prototype or the 850CSi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts