BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just had one stop by at RUF, and myself and our main testdriver took the car out.

Initial impressions are good.

SMG is superb, engine sound is great, except for idle, which is too muted imho. The car was Interlagos Blue, which i didnt like, but it still looked great.

Its very fast, above 200kmh it really pushes hard, i believe 300kmh is reachable, 330....perhaps.

Handling is superb. I think it has really moved the game on from the e39.

The king is dead, long live the king. kinggf

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Should have been at RUF this week instead of last. :D

Got a ride in the Maserati Quattroporte instead :rolleyes:

I really would like to see the RUF R Turbo vs. the M5 in a 0 - 300 km/h race, to see the difference.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Adam, saw you in 5th Gear. You remind my of someone from the TV-show/serie called OC :2:

So ,when are you and the family getting the M5?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just_me said:
Adam, saw you in 5th Gear. You remind my of someone from the TV-show/serie called OC :2:

So ,when are you and the family getting the M5?
Funny you should mention that, someone posted this yesterday:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?t=170592&f=133&h=0

There is also a Carrera GT, SLR, Gallardo and DB9 here.

This is for Maxim magazine in the states,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep i think so! :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Eh, are you Adam Brody, or where did u want to go with that post, didn't exactly get it... :haha2:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have just come back from testing it on the autobahn against...the GALLARDO and i can say comprehensively 100% that the new M5 is faster than the lambo.

We went from 80km/h to 270km/h, and though the lambo got the jump the m5 was slowly catching it. I have no doubts in my mind that we would have overhauled it if we didnt have the limiter...

I have it on video too, so will post it asap.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Adam said:
We have just come back from testing it on the autobahn against...the GALLARDO and i can say comprehensively 100% that the new M5 is faster than the lambo.

We went from 80km/h to 270km/h, and though the lambo got the jump the m5 was slowly catching it. I have no doubts in my mind that we would have overhauled it if we didnt have the limiter...

I have it on video too, so will post it asap.

all the best
adam
Omg, plz do that :D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really think we could have overhauled it! Seriously, it was amazing, i thought the gallardo might have been on part throttle, but this was not so.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Adam said:
I really think we could have overhauled it! Seriously, it was amazing, i thought the gallardo might have been on part throttle, but this was not so.

all the best
adam
Just post the video :haha2:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
MortenDK said:
Without limiter the M5 runs 330 km/h+, the Lamborghini "only" runs 309 km/h. So.. :M5launch:
That's like saying the RS6 Plus is faster than the stock M5... 280 vs. 250 km/h. Which I wouldn't say...

Tuned vs. stock IMO.

Sorry if I sound negative, I'm not. Looking forward to the video. :byee55amg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts