BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short post on the arrival of my M5. After a month of work the car arrived late last night. This is the first BMW I have owned and it amazed me how much quality these cars have in them. Pictures do not do them justice because you just cannot see the details. The engine sounds unlike anything I have ever heard. I cannot wait to clean it up and drive it but that will have to wait until April here in Michigan.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Awesome, man!

Congrats! It must have been awesome to see your beast roll up to your front door after the long journey.

·
Registered
798 Posts
which shipping company did you use and how much did they charge?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Congrats! I bet you're itchin' to drive it! Reminds me when I got mine delievered to a shopping mall lot 'cause the driver couldn't make the neighborhood road turns or clear the trees..hehe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shipping

which shipping company did you use and how much did they charge?
I used a company called 1 Shot Express (1-888-63-1SHOT). They contracted 2-Mac Inc (810-547-7119) who runs Cali to Mich and back on a regular basis. I was satisfied with both companies. Mark from 2-Mac seemed like a real knowledgeable guy. He has been transporting cars for 30 years. The cost to ship was $800

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well done, on your new acquisition and welcome aboard.

Be sure to get yourself a "smart" battery charger (trickle-type maintenance charger).
Extended storage without one, will ruin the battery.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done, on your new acquisition and welcome aboard.

Be sure to get yourself a "smart" battery charger (trickle-type maintenance charger).
Extended storage without one, will ruin the battery.

Regards,
Alan
Leave it in the car or take it out?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Just a short post on the arrival of my M5. After a month of work the car arrived late last night. This is the first BMW I have owned and it amazed me how much quality these cars have in them. Pictures do not do them justice because you just cannot see the details. The engine sounds unlike anything I have ever heard. I cannot wait to clean it up and drive it but that will have to wait until April here in Michigan.

CONGRATS!! and post better pics soon

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Congrats!!

What are you going to do with the car? :cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats!!

What are you going to do with the car? :cool:

This car will remain bone stock. I just ordered the maintenance package from Bimmerzone for $260 (sans oil but added trans fluid) and I plan on initially:

Changing diff fluid
Changing trans fluid
Changing P/S fluid
Changing plugs (done at 85k during Insp II)
Changing fuel filter
Changing air/cabin filters
Checking all rubber suspension parts
Orienting myself to the upscale options of this car of which I have never seen

April 2011---driving it

Sucks to have to keep in garaged for a few months but that is how we roll in Michigan.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I used a company called 1 Shot Express (1-888-63-1SHOT). They contracted 2-Mac Inc (810-547-7119) who runs Cali to Mich and back on a regular basis. I was satisfied with both companies. Mark from 2-Mac seemed like a real knowledgeable guy. He has been transporting cars for 30 years. The cost to ship was $800
Is that $800 door to door final price? Thats a really really good deal if thats the case.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Is that $800 door to door final price? Thats a really really good deal if thats the case.
Yes that was door to door service. I would say it was about $100 cheaper than the next best price. Its not always the best idea to take the "low bid" but it worked out in this case. Car was a bit dirty from the 3400 mile trip but nothing that couldnt be washed off. Besides it was sitting next to a Mercedes CLK500 so that made me feel better.

PS-- pics taken and will be posting on Wed.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Grats on the new car. Can't believe you're not going to sneak it out on the next clear day. Just be sure to leave the traction control on. :D

Tim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts