BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys;

I havent posted here in a while. Some of you may remember that I was the one who had a Velvet Blue metallic M5 with quite a few mods. I have been driving a G500 for the last 6 months. Partly because I was having some recurring mechanical problems with the car, partly, I have 3 points on my driving record and needed a car that would get me out of trouble. But now the speed bug has bitten. And for a guy that has driven 3 different M cars in the last 10 years, not having a clutch=not having a car.

So I stumbled accross this on ebay. Does anyone know the previous owner of this car? And is this a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4519090979&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

This car has a lot of the same parts that I used to have on my beast. Sure brought back great memories just reading them.

Your reply is welcomed and I hope it will help steer me back into the M5 community.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks great to me :M5rev:

Love this part:

"No, this vehicle has not been on a DYNO machine. This vehicle was owned by a doctor and added these DINAN upgrades for his personal pleaure, not to talk 1/4 mlie time with the little punk Honda Civic owners."

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To make my G500 turn into a GV12. I will need about $100k usd. And it's still clutchless!

B

·
0 Posts
Looks very nice, but make sure to double-check everything, as eBay is known for its scams, and crooks are getting better at it every day.

I am always amazed at how many former M5 owners go away for a year or so, and then come back for the exact same car. That surely must show how great a car we own.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
262 Posts
wow, that looks hot! especially with those oz rims.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Jeff, your back. quote: "Partly because I was having some recurring mechanical problems with the car,..."
Were the mechanical probs you spoke of the bent to h*ll oz's showing cords and or the blown rear coilovers?? (FINALLY got some new inserts from FK just this last week) thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
HAHAHAHA. Yeah I have an Eisenmann exhaust for you that I received from the shipper with bent tips, but I'll make you a super deal on them!

Keith, you absolutely slay me. I mean really.:thumbsup:

When can the TX dudes all get together for a BIG LAUGH at the irony of this thread......?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Jeff,

Why don't you buy my car? It's local, has a ****load of mods, and has full maintenance and warranty to 100K miles.

And since it's an '01 with 50K miles, I'll sell you it to you substantially cheaper than the car on EBay.

My M5 is a great everyday sedan, but I really like the Cayenne Turbo, and it's more practical considering the other cars in my stable...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Call me crazy, but the person who posted that add kinda sounds like a tool. "Oh wow, angel eyes!!!!!!111one one one Are you listening?!!!?" (ok, so he wasnt that dramatic..) Dont need to listen when I am reading text. :D
Other quote kills me: "The demanded and powerful 4.9 liter V8 16V engine is in perfect condition" Wow, it has a 16V? Does it have a hemi too? My last VW which was 13 years old had a 16V. Does the left cam not work?
Just having some fun with a over zealous seller. Car looks good, but as in anything have it looked over carefully before you spend a lot of money on it. Best wishes, an d good luck getting back into a good beast.
:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts