BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a presscar for swedish carjournalists. First guy to drive it is Peter Sundfeld working at Kanal 5, TV-show "Motorjournalen".
He is going to drive the car all the way to Geneva motorshow.

Lucky guy :M5launch:

Here is a little spypic taken with a mobilephone from a secret garage somewhere in Sweden :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
546 Posts
WOW mmmmmm that´s the first test car I have seen in other colour that silver or blue, which BTW are not my favourites.

And driving from Sweden to Geneva is going to be spectacular :M5launch: , I hope lots of pics/video are taken. Maybe someone from Sweden can take some pics before he leaves to Geneva

Cheers

:byebye:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, that is a true BMW testing rig. They actually can mimmick the entire lap of the nurburgring on that machine. All the cambers, elevation changes, braking zones, all of it. It's for testing suspension, brakes, tyres, etc.

·
Registered
540 Posts
As said before its a BMW test rig

In the Discovery Channel 3 Part series "Birth of a Sports Car" that is being showed across the world right now they show the 6 Series suspension and tires being tested on it, and they just about destroy a set of tires on a hot lap of the Nurburgring :M5launch:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts