BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello M5 friends! It's been awhile since I posted, but thought it would be fun to take a look at the progression of car wraps my E60 M5.

It started out as a black car, but the day it arrived 2 years ago it immediately went to my friend's shop to get wrapped in 3M matte white (photos I've posted before):

Then I decided to do something ridiculous and have an artist friend hand paint 3,000 words (with paint pens) on the car to pay homage to my crazy marketing company and the sponsors that support me. Here are a few photos and a video:

I never planned on having the hand painted car forever and finally found a color I liked to rewrap with. The current wrap is a Hexis material and is a very unique grey that looks like light grey in bright light and gunmetal in the shade/night. Couple photos from this past week:

Hope you enjoy the progression and I'll never paint a car again!

Jason

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I usually HATE things like the painting there with the words but boy does it look badass :D I prefer the matte white wrap though! Awesome car!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I'm loving the latest color. Very unique!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Looks very nice! looks kinda greenish, what kind brand wrap do you use?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nice work! :goldcup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love the matte white!...

I am thinking of doing it myself.

Hows maintance with it?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I usually HATE things like the painting there with the words but boy does it look badass :D I prefer the matte white wrap though! Awesome car!
Thank you much! Yeah, the hand painted look was pretty wild and I was ready to get back to a solid color.

kudos to you for trying all those variations-i won't ask about your hair or if you have any tatts!!
Hahaha, I have a buzzed head and no tatts. I don't have any piercings either ;)

Love the creativity with the matte white wrap and artists. The Miro 111s look awesome too
Thanks man, the Miros are fantastic wheels for the price.

I'm loving the latest color. Very unique!
Thank you!

Looks very nice! looks kinda greenish, what kind brand wrap do you use?
The green might be camera lighting, as it's very gray in person. The white wrap was 3M and the gray wrap is HEXIS.

I love the evolution of your car! Keep up the good work.
Gracias!

Nice work! :goldcup:
Woooot!

I love the matte white!...

I am thinking of doing it myself.

Hows maintance with it?
The matte white with 3M was a bit of a ***** to keep clean. Maybe matte white in a different material would be better, but I had to use a special paint cleaner to get rid of grease smudges and pollen marks. Granted, I'm very detailed about my cars and the everyday person probably wouldn't notice, but the 3M matte white is just okay.

We did one just a shade lighter recently.
Love the look! What brand is the material? Have any trouble spots? I know the front bumper (near the ground) and the trunk lid gave my guys some trouble.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts