BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold the M5 today, it's on its way to Miami. Hopefully Ryan makes it without any issues and gets to enjoy the car. Really weird feeling selling that car but honestly i just didn't drive it anymore, it sat around collecting dust. It's funny how that car started life in LA, made its stop in Texas, and finally ended up in Miami. A lot of memories in that car that drove away today.

Took this quick pic at the gas station, the first and last time both my Ms were on the road and gas station together.

Here are some quick pics over the last 6.5 years.

With the end of that chapter i suppose the next one starts. Finished my BS in Aerospace engineering at The University of Texas at Austin. Moving to Detroit in February and working for GMs Powertrain World Headquarters in pontiac. I get to assemble, test, tune, and analyze engines for a living. I'll still be just as active with RK. Just in a different part of the US now.

Thanks for the great memories over the years guys, it's been a fun road!

-Raza

PS: Special shoutout to my partner Jamie and Mamsterla for being along for most of the ride and doing all that they have. Hopefully we have many good years ahead of lulz.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Good luck.

Maybe after things settle down for a year or two you'll be posting about your next E39 M5.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congrats, man. You have made some very meaningful contributions to the E39 M5 platform over the years. New job sounds great, but I believe that the average temperatures in Austin between the months of November and April of each winter vary slightly from those experienced in Pontiac during the same time. Very slight differences, though, and you probably will not even notice...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Another well known contributor gone. Looking at the number of views this board is getting plus the number of members online compared to a year or so ago, it's getting pretty quiet around here :sad1:

Anyway, good luck to you!

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
GM uses engineers and tests engines :eek: - highly implausible :rofl:

Good luck and enjoy the new job :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Another well known contributor gone.
? His car is gone. I did not infer from his post that he was leaving the board. He moved away from the E39 platform some time ago, but has still been an active member of the board since then.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
what is that rear diffuser in the first pics?

btw, the car looks really nice!
ExoticsTuning finned diffuser. It's a generic finned diffuser everyone has knocked off over the years.

Good luck.

Maybe after things settle down for a year or two you'll be posting about your next E39 M5.
Don't see myself being another e39 m5 again, maybe my same one but outside that it's not happening. I've had enough e39 for a lifetime. My next car will be either a 2015 z06 or a F430.

Congrats, man. You have made some very meaningful contributions to the E39 M5 platform over the years. New job sounds great, but I believe that the average temperatures in Austin between the months of November and April of each winter vary slightly from those experienced in Pontiac during the same time. Very slight differences, though, and you probably will not even notice...
Everyone keeps talking about this weather thing, i don't understand the big fuss. :7:

I used to live near Chicago, not too worried about the weather, Detroit is no Austin though, that's for sure.

Another well known contributor gone. Looking at the number of views this board is getting plus the number of members online compared to a year or so ago, it's getting pretty quiet around here :sad1:

Anyway, good luck to you!
I'm not leaving, just don't have a car anymore lol

GM uses engineers and tests engines :eek: - highly implausible :rofl:

Good luck and enjoy the new job :)
I mean they kinda sorta test engines you know, every engine blows up at a different point. :2:

I get to play with 80 engine dynos...and a few of these

Thanks
-R

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Thanks for all of your contributions. Not too many dull moments with you around and active. :2:

Best of luck on the new job.

Regards,
Jerry

P.S. Z06/Z07 hands down!!!!

Reactions: 6SpeedDave

·
Registered
486 Posts
Raza,

Good luck with the new job! Thank you for all you have done for the board and my M5! Great pics of your cars.

My RK kit has over 40K miles without issue. Thank you for the kit and install I could not be happier.

Curtis

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, this is a pretty badass car.

-R
I know, I am keeping an eye on it!!

Get GM to offer a cosmetic package that paints everything one color for stealth, and then give it RPO: M5!!:tonquesmilie:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know, I am keeping an eye on it!!

Get GM to offer a cosmetic package that paints everything one color for stealth, and then give it RPO: M5!!:tonquesmilie:

Regards,
Jerry
haha i kind of like the blue/black combo on the one in the picture!

I get a pretty heavy GM discount now that i'm an employee, my first purchase also gets me an extra incentive for being a first time GM owner. Financially the Z06 is the way to go. M3 MIGHT be on the way out soon haha...

-R

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi Raza

Congrats and good luck with the new job! I'm sure you'll get some industry experience under your belt and soon be applying for jobs at Hennesey ;)

Will the 'RK' aspect be around still as a sideline for you? !

I have relatives in Detroit (West Bloomfield/Bloomfield/ Ann Arbor areas) so next time I'm over i'll have to grab a cup of chai with you !

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Raza

Congrats and good luck with the new job! I'm sure you'll get some industry experience under your belt and soon be applying for jobs at Hennesey ;)

Will the 'RK' aspect be around still as a sideline for you? !

I have relatives in Detroit (West Bloomfield/Bloomfield/ Ann Arbor areas) so next time I'm over i'll have to grab a cup of chai with you !

Cheers, Dennis!
Thanks Dennis!

I have no plans to work for any aftermarket company, ever, unless i'm running the show. If i ever get bored at GM, RK will become a fulltime endeavor. We'll see when that happens, as of right now Jamie and i plan on creating new products and contributing to the community. Keep an eye out for more platforms and a few e39 products as well!

-R

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Specs on the HRE wheels? (5th wheel pic)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
haha i kind of like the blue/black combo on the one in the picture!

I get a pretty heavy GM discount now that i'm an employee, my first purchase also gets me an extra incentive for being a first time GM owner. Financially the Z06 is the way to go. M3 MIGHT be on the way out soon haha...

-R
At the car plants I've worked at, they didn't take kindly to other brands in the parking lot, let alone a foreign car. Maybe it's changed and probably not as big a deal at the mother ship, but be prepared to catch a ration of crap when you drive the M in. Good luck with your job. One of my fraternity brothers worked in that division. He did some time out west at a test facility too. Got his hands on all kinds of fun stuff.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Thanks for all you've contributed to the community over the years. Now please, PLEASE, go get GM to make something we actually WANT to drive. Or better yet, convince them that BMW's engine mount locations are the best locations for an engine mount and convince them to produce a LS engine that is plug-and-play with our E39's ;)

I can't think of a better time for you to be getting into GM. Right after their bubble burst and now they are rebuilding stronger than ever, actually devising products people might want again. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts