BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just off to pick up my new F10 M5 see UK Customer Cars thread.....

Drivers Licence...Check
Camera.... Check
Driving shoes...Check
List of questions about iPhone/idrive system.......Check
Cheque book........Check
Nice sunny day......Check
Best roads in the country to drive back from(North York Moors}

Big daft grin on face........Definitely!!!:):):)

Post some pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Cheque book........Check
This is my favorite one. Congrats man! I can't even imagine the feeling of excitement you must have today! :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG,...O..M..God this car is sensational!!!
Excellent handover from garage and went over all the various interfaces; real time Sat Nav, internet, and many more to enjoy getting used to over the next few weeks. On the road the car and the driver feel evincible. It just morphs around you sport seats are excellent and not too hard or heavily bolstered the gearbox is a delight both in manual and auto mode. Damping is good in all modes if a bit fidgety in sport plus over some of the country lanes. Power delivery is instant and after coming out of the 730 it was too easy to see 70 ++mph in short order. Sound is fantastic and exhaust will pop and crackle even at low speed when changing down a gear.
I will right a more comprehensive report once I have got to grips with all the setting but for now I have a big grin on my face and can't wait to get out and drive again.

Some pics below not great quality but will sort out this weekend.

Phish enjoy the moment tomorrow, you will not be disappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Fantastic! Congratulations.

Mine will be builkt in 2 weeks and delivered 3 weeks later................. I´m soo excited!lovelove

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cidair, thanks, what colour and spec have you gone for? Also I see you are a fellow helicopter pilot. What are you flying?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's beautiful mate! Now quickly, go race a stock E60 M5!!! or M6!!! or CTS-V!!! or Porsche Panamera Turbo!!! or Toyota Prius!!! Haha! Just kidding about that last one! Congrats you lucky dog! :cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yowsers! Dude, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Car is abso gorgeous! I think you are the first MCB on the board. Car reminds me of my E39 LMB over black with wood trim.
Please post more photos and driving impressions.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cidair, thanks, what colour and spec have you gone for? Also I see you are a fellow helicopter pilot. What are you flying?
Nice to have another chopper pilot here!

I´ve gone for Silverstone / Black leather, 19", nav, surround view, M seats + some more .

Currently flying Sikorsky S76, Bell 212/412. :cool2:
And You?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Nice to have another chopper pilot here!

I´ve gone for Silverstone / Black leather, 19", nav, surround view, M seats + some more .

Currently flying Sikorsky S76, Bell 212/412. :cool2:
And You?
Nice! I was wondering about user name being very close to the Vortex Ring State phenomenon that helicopters experience. I didn't think to put 1 and 1 together and figure that he might be a helicopter pilot. I am one also. Not currently flying though, as I am flying a desk right now, but my main aircraft is the MH-60S Knighthawk Helicopter. It's like a blackhawk, but it's a Naval version.

I can't wait to order the F10 M5 in the states though, it'll definitely have more of a takeoff feeling than a helicopter. LOL! :S

·
Registered
943 Posts
Nice! I was wondering about user name being very close to the Vortex Ring State phenomenon that helicopters experience. I didn't think to put 1 and 1 together and figure that he might be a helicopter pilot. I am one also. Not currently flying though, as I am flying a desk right now, but my main aircraft is the MH-60S Knighthawk Helicopter. It's like a blackhawk, but it's a Naval version.

I can't wait to order the F10 M5 in the states though, it'll definitely have more of a takeoff feeling than a helicopter. LOL! :S
Nice, one more helicopter pilot hovering around here at m5board. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I love Monte Carlo Blue, stunning car! Congratulations on your new F10 M5!

More pictures when possible! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cidair,

Sorry for the late reply, have been playing with the new car. Also giving it a full detail (pics to follow) good to see that you are flying proper helicopters I fly a Sikorsky but its the Little one S300!! seriously Im just a private pilot but was type rated for the Gazelle and R44. BMW Dave flys some decent kit also.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
nice congrats!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cidair,

Sorry for the late reply, have been playing with the new car. Also giving it a full detail (pics to follow) good to see that you are flying proper helicopters I fly a Sikorsky but its the Little one S300!! seriously Im just a private pilot but was type rated for the Gazelle and R44. BMW Dave flys some decent kit also.
Nice!

More photos please? :biggrinbounce:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts