BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Yes yes yes :1:

Ill definetly go to Frankfurt for the press launch this autumn
Great job Mr Bruhnke and team BMW M GmbHin doing this!

·
Registered
766 Posts
What are the rear wheels on the Gray one? Are those the M side mirrors? No Gills?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Jessem said:
What are the rear wheels on the Gray one? Are those the M side mirrors? No Gills?
These vehicles are all test mules, set up to try different combinations of suspension/brakes/tyres etc. so don't expect a cosmetically perfect car. All the correct bits of trim will be on the final production model once the tests are complete.

It's good to see the E61 M5 taking shape - I'd like to see it head to head against the Alpina B5 touring :cool:

·
Registered
766 Posts
The performance should compare to the M5 sedan as the M5 sedan compares to the M6 coupe.

The 530XI touring weighs 209# more than the 530Xi sedan. Also the drive ratios are changed with the sedan being taller geared(3.38 vs 3.23). So we might expect a touring M5 to have shorter gearing which might help offset the added weight.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Great news! :)

Have you guys also seen the pictures of the Z4M prototype? Looks like everything is shaping up quite well.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Has there been any announcement about the Z4 M engine yet? I've heard speculation of the E46 M3 I6, the E46 CSL I6, and the upcoming E90 M3 V8. Which is it?

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts