BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a call phone from a friend in Germany who has a very good relation with some managers in BMW M ... He told me the main reason of the M5 delay till the 9 th of april as i stated in a new thread thats the Launch party of the M5 will be on 9 of April.in this thread that was on the 28 of November 2004..

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=487091#post487091

The M5 has problems in it Fuel Pump .. which could have an engine failure in result of no oil running through the engine.

What do you guys think about it? Two years developing a car and they couldnt solve the problem of it which resulted in the delay for months
Whats your feedback guys about such issue?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well honestly, I am a bit worry and also insecure about what will or would happen...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think you meant problems with the oil pump. I've heard that is the reason for the delay. I'll bet there are other major problems in the next year or so - it's the most complex engine ever mass produced, so don't expect it to be perfect in terms of reliability.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
I thought they said it was because of a because of a WIDE CHANGE on some part for ALL E60s and they wanted to incorporate it that into the M5 before releasing it. Whatever happened with that WIDE CHANGE? what was it? or what is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
These are the types of issues that give me some comfort in having to wait until +/- 2006 for delivery, 3rd on my dealer list. Even if the spec does not change much hopefully the bugs will have been ironed out.

Remember the Mercedes A class? Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall to hear some of the battles in these large organisations between the Marketing/Sales departments and the Technical/Engineering departments.

"We want it in the showroom tomorrow!" :mad: ..... "But it doesn't work!!!!" :crying2:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
No real surprise as I cannot remember any M model that BMW has released on time and they always seem to suffer from last minute delays. Better they find the problems now rather than later!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
MJW said:
These are the types of issues that give me some comfort in having to wait until +/- 2006 for delivery, 3rd on my dealer list. Even if the spec does not change much hopefully the bugs will have been ironed out.

Remember the Mercedes A class? Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall to hear some of the battles in these large organisations between the Marketing/Sales departments and the Technical/Engineering departments.

"We want it in the showroom tomorrow!" :mad: ..... "But it doesn't work!!!!" :crying2:
I agree with you, any word on the M6 ?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Demon M6 said:
I agree with you, any word on the M6 ?
Well, the M6 has the exactly same engine as the M5, so neither one of them will be ready before the other...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts