BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roundel has it that the E60 will debut as a 2004 model at the Frankfurt Show in September 2003. I guess this would put it here in early 2004 similar to the 745i currently.

This brings up the question on when the next M5 will arrive at our shores and if history is any indication it would be as late as a 2007 model.

We've discussed this before, usually in the context of waiting for the next M5. Given this timetable I wouldn't wait for the next one, if there is one at all.

This is no surprise to me as I have always maintained the next model as an 04 only with an earlier 03 debut here, similar to the E39. I suppose that if an earlier delivery is needed BMW would do that.

This timing is also an indication of the success of the E39, a much improved car over the E34. If this timetable works out the E34 was a 6 model year car and the E39 would be 7 and a half consisdering the May 96 arrival.

Finally, we have a current fiver for an additional year contrary of some speculation on this board.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hope its so, Jim.

It may be that they will close down the E39 line early in the year (Feb or Mar) to change over to the new model.

New model to be available Sep or Oct.

But this would mean a half a year for the 2003 anyway. :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Shame on you.

You only have one or two years top with your wife (E39 beast) and already have thought about a second wife (E65 beast):nono:

Just kiddingkinggf :byee55amg

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I bet they are delaying the launch to amke some minor cosmetic alterations *ahem*:hihi:

Adam

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Im planning on trading mine in for the next M5 BUT forget it if its anywhere close to the new 7's looks !!!! Come on Bmw, you need to sort this out before you all off drive cars with small AMG badges on the side !!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Any new spy- or computer generated pics of the E60?

The pics I've seen so far have not been inspiring - to say the least!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts