BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quite deep but not for those who buy large or super sized drinks. A medium latte from Starbucks fits nice and tight as do other small to medium size drinks.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I have a pair of these -- Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder! -- I really like their placement. They stay completely out of the way, and you can store a cell phone + charger in front of the gear shifter now.
yup I have one of these as well. Manufactured not too far from me either. I like the one the OP put up as well.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I bought a set of the ultimate cupholders, I like them about as much as I am going to like any cupholder. Shipped very quickly and they are certainly well made out of quality materials,

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had these in my beast for a few months now. I think it can use an extra strip of double sided tape as I feel like it could be removed with a little bit of force... but it doesn't rattle or move around right now.

Aside from putting beverages in... they're great for holding various small things. Right now I've got a microSD card from my Android head unit rolling around in one... really no other place in the car I'd feel safe putting something like that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have them as well. Love them. I rarely drink in my car but they are convenient when transporting cans/bottles to friends houses or to work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought a high mileage M5 and the cup holders still work! No, I don't mean they actually hold drinks (I'm not high), just that remarkably they are not broken. I like sodas and tea in the car, so I bought a cupholder like the OP from Amazon, and have a question for others with the same. When I set mine down in place, the bottom does not touch the parcel tray, so I can't secure it with the tape. Is that normal or is there something I'm missing to make it sit lower?

Thanks, Cory

21 - 29 of 29 Posts