BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
2 For Sale on New York Craigslist:

Pretty scant amount of information and pictures in the ad.
-
Yes indeed, „pretty scant„ , however nothing said = no false claim made.
These are (without engagement/subject to be confirmed)
BL01084 - prod.date: May 5th, 1992 - Daytona-Violett met. (283 M)
BL01259 - prod.date: July 10th, 1992 - Diamantschwarz-met. (181 M)
-
Anyone who’s interested in more details is welcome to contact me by PM.
However, I recommend to check/confirm the VIN and collect the seller’s
presentation first.

Do both cars have an incorrect and misplaced rear ///M5 batch ?🙁😕

·
Registered
20 Posts
These were discussed on one of the facebook groups. About one third of the mileage that they were last advertised with before leaving europe, and some other questionable history.
I was wondering about that; usually that little information means there is more to the story. Must be fairly fresh off the boat?

Do both cars have an incorrect and misplaced rear ///M5 batch ?🙁😕
I noticed that, both are off by ALOT and both in the same spot. Recently installed by the same person? Neither car has the badge in the front grill, so maybe both originally had the model designation delete

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I was wondering about that; usually that little information means there is more to the story. Must be fairly fresh off the boat?
-
I noticed that, both are off by ALOT and both in the same spot. Recently installed by the same person? Neither car has the badge in the front grill, so maybe both originally had the model designation delete
-
Fairly fresh of the boat.....? Depends on how you define ,fairly fresh’....at least another 6 months have passed since I saw
these being offered/discussed.
Supposedly the ,diamond black‘ in fact is BL01259, then
indeed SA-code ,model designation delete‘ applies, front
side fender turn indicators are missing, the lower trim contrast was deleted and the ,throwing stars’ wheel covers seem to be fitted the wrong way on the front wheels (?). Still, more of a concern would be the actual mileage compared to
the instrument cluster reading.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
May 3rd, 2018
-
Yes, I have, but not under this web-site...:eek
It is also to be found on -mobile.de-
>>>>>>>
It is one of the few -Fjordgrau-met.(310M) - 14 built
My guess, it is BL01884 - ex Japan.
-
now offered with a reduced price label (after a long period of hope and patience?)
E34 M5touring - BL01884 - Fjordgrau-met. Kings Langley, Herts. U.K.
prod.date: May 22nd, 1995, first reg. March 22nd, 1996 (!)
€ 59.940 - 134.818 km -

-
-
now offered with a reduced price label (after a long period of hope and patience?)
E34 M5touring - BL01884 - Fjordgrau-met. Kings Langley, Herts. U.K.
prod.date: May 22nd, 1995, first reg. March 22nd, 1996 (!)
€ 59.940 - 134.818 km -

-
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting, as he's had that Japanese import for about 18 months if I recall correctly; down from €70-75K ish and not selling into the US market as expected?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Hi there brother.
,the times they are exchanging’ 😉 there certainly seems to
be a trend now !? For whatever reason, Corona ?😟
You have the advantage to actually have seen the car,
driven it ??
-
As for ,going west’, this is of course still an alternative.
However, one has to,bring it over the pond’ and pass importation, EPA/DOT and getting ,a title’
in one of the states. This has however just recently
become somehow a little bit more trouble free
for THIS car. With prod.date: May 22nd, 1995,
the 25 years exception rule might now apply for
the import/registration procedures ,over there’.

Cheers and good luck for your hunting.
The chase is still on I guess ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Karl,

Yes, aren't they just. The differential between perceived value and what a punter will part with seems to be closing.

Yes, I have driven it. It seemed nice, though it was the first one that I drove, and it was only a squirt up a dual carriageway.

However, if you would like to know more, please PM as I don't want to get caught for saying things contrary to the forum rules.

The hunting is on, but in a laid back and see what pops up mode!

Stay safe

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
location is germany
happy to help shipping worldwide
km 227000
1993 3,8 liter E34 M5 Touring
has been well maintained and "restored" the last 2 years. New EDC etc etc
Engines is unopened and runs great as the 5 speed gearbox
I have 200 + pictures.
please contact me by mail or message. asking price is 38500€ or best offer.
View attachment 940896
courtesy of and entered by member ,para_one’

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I saw that one of the two m5T advertised in the USA has the half motorsport cloth and half Alcantara interior, do you know how many m5T came with this interior

Slightly off topic but I have a 2001 e39 540 manual touring, any idea how many manual e39 540 tourings were made?

It must be partly unique as it has been made into a drift car yet looks completely standard from the outside apart from being very low, it is fun spinning it round 100 times on the spot, luckily I am restoring it to original spec, albeit with the M5 lsd, nice find for a drunken eBay purchase late one night 😁

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Hi. I saw that one of the two m5T advertised in the USA has the half motorsport cloth and half Alcantara interior, do you know how many m5T came with this interior
-
@E39 540 touring manual >
there are presently more than two E34 M5touring
advertised in the USA. But I take it that you are referring to
one of the two advertised together and recently mentioned on here / above ?
Out of these two you seem to refer to, the one in Daytona-
Violett-met. with cloth interior/seats, is VIN - BL01084.
Half and half is NOT factory ! A request, if made, would hardly
be accepted even by BMW ZS. The factory original interior of BL01084 is (0476) Silbergrau Stoff M5/cloth M5 silver grey.
E34 M5touring produced with this (0476) interior = 56x
thereof in cars with exterior colour Daytona-Violett-met. = 9x
-
PS:
Number of E39 540itouring manual produced = this is not
really my department😩 but I will ask someone who
might know the answer.😉
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Thanks for letting me know, it must be option code 0476, the one in the Daytona violet M5T for sale. I had the exact same interior in mint condition from a low mileage crash damaged m5 E34 3.8 I bought 15 years ago for £100 on eBay then never used, sold it for £1000 three years ago but seeing how valued M5ts are wish I had kept it, the front seats were a grey Alcantara type fabric on the outside, grey patterned motorsport cloth on the centre

They were in immaculate condition which is amazing as the outer Alcantara type cloth did not look like it would be the longest lasting, do you know if any new seat trim is available from bmw for the M5T

The seats were definitely factory m5 trim and if you look in the photos of the Daytona violet car in the USA Recently you can see it has the two Different contrasting fabrics, medium grey Alcantara outer bolster trim and lighter grey centre fabric with the motorsport red and blue colour flashes, that’s why I called it half and half but it was definitely factory two tone trim 0476

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you know what the most extreme / rarest M5T interior trim combinations were and do any owners have photos they can post of their trim, some colours were questionable taste wise !

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The seats were definitely factory m5 trim and if you look in the photos of the Daytona violet car in the USA Recently you can see it has the two Different contrasting fabrics, medium grey Alcantara outer bolster trim and lighter grey centre fabric with the motorsport red and blue colour flashes, that’s why I called it half and half but it was definitely factory two tone trim 0476
-
@E39 540 touring manual -
My fault 🙄😕 I should have looked at the pictures first
before I answered 😩.
The interior of BL01084 is as factory, i.e.
(0476) Silbergrau Stoff M5/cloth M5 silver grey.
-
Availability is limited, check here:
-
and if you can find an alternative provider, let me know,
there is high demand !! looked after by many.
Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Double thanks, you are a good mine of knowledge, wish I had found this site before last night.

I Noticed the seats in the violet M5T in the USA for sale were manual, mine were electric with no nemory function

Was amazed to buy them in mint condition on eBay uk 15 years ago for £100 but do not think anyone else bidding on them realised it was a very rare M5 trim pattern, I kept them for 13 years as a spare set for my E34 540 manual but that car is now sold, wish I had kept the seats as I am sure an M5T would have been a great home for them, I know the rear seat would have been slightly different

Which M5T has the most interesting, rarest or colourful interior trim I wonder, photos please if anyone wants to enlighten us 😁

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Do you know what the most extreme / rarest M5T interior trim combinations were and do any owners have photos they can post of their trim, some colours were questionable taste wise !
-
yes, I know them all -
some of them ,live’, some from this forum (all the old
pictures are NOT active anymore (??😳😢😢😢), some from
the ,mregistry’ and the rest from the vehicle specs.
-
Those were the still happy days of BMW Motorsport GMBH
and BMW ZS and there are many extreme E34 M5tourings
both in exterior colour and exterior/interior combo.
-
We can start with this one, perhaps not so ,extreme’ (?)
but one of my personal favourites >
-
here with pictures showing the interior:
-
Would be great if owners would show some pictures of their beauties 👍😉😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes the good old days, life is a bit more complicated now ☹ I wish I had a time machine and could go back to 2008 when I nearly bought a violet M5 3.6 E34 at National BMW day festival at Gaydon car museum with government mot test for £1800, I Stupidly did not buy it as it had a misfire, not that bad and some rust in very odd places like the roof, £1800 only !

I did see this Santorini M5T with the blue interior and dashboard last night when going through this thread on surviving cars, was the owner who chose the interior trim and dashboard stevie wonder !!!!

You definitely need sunglasses to look at that dashboard, money can not buy taste 😁

Hope some other owners of M5T and saloon M5 E34 show us photos of their lovely and not so lovely interior trim colours 🌈🌈🌈

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Which M5T has the most interesting, rarest or colourful interior trim I wonder, photos
please if anyone wants to enlighten us 😁
-
I was looking for the ex GeorgeK ,Amethyst’ E34 M5touring
but only found threads with the picture links not working
anymore ?😩😟😢 This car has probably, the
most extreme’ interior of them all, matching the exterior colour.
Now👍 I found a thread where the/a picture link seems to work >
= go to message #13 - April 18, 2005 and click on the picture > thereafter you will be able to see multiple pictures including
the interior......👍👍 enjoy 😀😳😀😟
On a side note > the original factory steering wheel was
two coloured champagne/amethyst 😉
-

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts