·
Registered
2,072 Posts
[email protected] + [email protected]
yes, I have also heard abt one in Japan, seen pictures and made inquiries -
there are also many other 'supposedly known', like the three in Slovenia -
-
but in order to keep a standard for the registry I can not accept 'hearsay'
or 'rumours', only cars identified by their VIN do count - trust you will agree -
-
still, if you hear about a -M5touring- alive somewhere, let me know about it :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
96 Posts
New Owner M5 touring 01473

Hello guys
New to the forum as I bought my M5 touring about 1 1/2 month ago
I believe that the previous owner had the car included into the Touring registry when he imported it from Germany about 2 years ago.

M5 touring e34 3.8 01473
Daytona violett, 5 speed, N-suspension kit, etc, etc.

Since this car has covered quite a few miles (or 278.000km to be correct) since 1993 I'm looking for info on the car's history.

For the same reason (the high milage) I had the car tested before purchasing it (compression and dyno run)
I was very pleased to discover that the compression was still 10,5 for cyll 2-6 and 9,5 for cyll 1 and it still had 304bhp on the wheels (take in account 10-15% loss in the drivetrain that makes 334-349 at the cranck)

How ever there was a little snag, namely a mysterious and significant power drop between 3200 and 3750 rpm. any of you guy got a clue what this might be?
My mechanic things it might be a partially blocked cat. We'll be taking it off next week and then run the car again on the dyno to see if it makes a difference.

For the rest the car runs fine and has covered 2500 km without a glitch.
As I will take the car on a big (4k) holliday trip it will get a major once over next week (changing all the fluids, filters, brakepads and drive belts) and as I bought the car on winter tyres, will have to get some new rubber on the 17inch throwing stars.
Unless I find a nice set of 18 M-parallel wheels.
Any one on the forum in a 300km radius from Amsterdam willing to sell these?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi there 'midnight sun' (midnightsun in Amsterdam ? :nono: )
BL01473 became a new engine at 96.281 km, i.e. the mileage on your engine
is below 200.000 km -
"nieuwe motor bij 96.281 km. Bumper rechts achter beschadigd" e-bay 2003-10-27 -
the power-drop might be a result of the 'Resonanzaufladung-Aufladung' not working as supposed to. It 'kicks in/out at 2480/4000 rpm' -
there is a dutch guy who can explain to you how the 'resonance-load' works
(I am not very technical myself) -
send me a privat msg with a fax-number and I will send you what I have got
on this particular inclusive of the 'resonance-load' power-curve-diagram -
have a nice holiday !! going to the land of 'midnight sun' ?? :byebye: :viking:
brgds
Karl

·
Registered
96 Posts
M5touring reg said:
the power-drop might be a result of the 'Resonanzaufladung-Aufladung' not working as supposed to. It 'kicks in/out at 2480/4000 rpm' -
there is a dutch guy who can explain to you how the 'resonance-load' works
Karl
As I have been doing some catching up on posted threads, I also started to suspect this as an area toolook into.
Could you give me a name and or e-mail of my M5 countryman?

As for my holliday trip....I'll be going south instead of north.
Planned is a round trip to Montenergo.
A quick nocturnal dash down the Autobahn Frankfurt/Munich/Salzburg then via Ljubljana/Zagreb/ and from Split further south along the Adriatic coast.
Plaan to linger around for 10 days or so.
For the return trip I'll take the ferry from Bar to Bari and drive up the Italian coast via Modena and friends in the Toscane.

with kind regards

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Karl

This forum has launched me on a steep learning curve.
By going thru all the posts I already figured out that Raymond was the guy you mentioned.
And I've just about read all there was on the resonance flap ,and have performed and passed the grease blop test with flying colours :haha:
So my Flap is working, but I'll still replace all the vacum tubes on the next overhaul.

I also got the new URL for mmm-five's dyno test, and his curves resemble those of my rolling road test. The Torque dip is almost identical but I believe my BHP dip was a bit bigger.

However since that test I have driven the car for more than 5000km with lots of long Autobahn runs and some nice blasts on the connecting countryroads. It might be wishfull thinking but it seems that the car is loosening up a bit.
My mechanic is almost sure that a partially blocked catalyc converter is cuasing the problems.
He's had quit a few M cars including a M5T and mine seems to be awfully quit!

with kind regards
Tamar

p.s I tried to send you a PM but it bounced stating that your inbox was full. Tries also to e-mail you, but that bounced as well :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
midnightsun said:
Hello Karl
with kind regards
Tamar
p.s I tried to send you a PM but it bounced stating that your inbox was full. Tries also to e-mail you, but that bounced as well :eek:oohhh:
-
opppss !! :eek:oohhh:
I have apparantly used the space for 100 messages of 100 possible -
I have now deleted some to allow for new entries -
brgds
Karl
-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I may be selling vin 1475, mileage now 94,000k. Metallic granite grey, light grey holey leather, 18" BBS split rims, double roof, etc.

I have a company car coming, possibly an M3 CSL.

This car has been incredible - swallows up the motorway and then when you hit the bendy stuff put the "sport" setting on and enjoy. Email is below.

Oh, yes and have a look at our website for some good motor racing pictures.

del
[email protected]
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All !

Been out of the loop for a while and noticed that the number of M5 Touring's in the Netherlands have increased a wee bit ;)

Maybe we can set-up a lil Dutch M5 Touring meet sometime in the not so distant future.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Karl,

Just acquired a '93 3.8, no.575, Granite grey, 57K Km. I wondered if there was any history available. The car was imported to the UK in 2003 and lived in Germany before that, with only one owner before the present UK owner. Seems to have a fairly low option spec. but non the worse for it as it's in super condition.

I hope it remains as pleasurable to own as it is drive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Mark L said:
Hi Karl,
Just acquired a '93 3.8, no.575, Granite grey, 57K Km. I wondered if there was any history available. The car was imported to the UK in 2003 and lived in Germany before that, with only one owner before the present UK owner. Seems to have a fairly low option spec. but non the worse for it as it's in super condition.
Thanks.
-
Hi Mark L. + congratulations ! :byebye:
WOW, 57.000 km (not miles) ?? THAT IS LOW for '93 or any really.
-Granitegrey- also is a rare colour !
I will check the registry. The least I will have is a BMW-build-sheet. What I need from you is a FAX-Number or an e-mail-address. Please send me an e-mail or a privat message.
brgds
Karl (Global E34 M5touring registry)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mark L said:
Hi Karl,

Thanks.
This one perhaps:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4585622318&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Looks like a lovely car

Pete.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
[email protected]
nice car on the picture, but which one of the few is it ;) :byebye:
do we have a typing error here or are you calling my cards ;) :byebye:
-
575 is an -avusblue-met.- car with a LONG option-list incl. an 'Individual'-option, i.e. 575 can't be correct -
the identification for a HJ91 M5touring is XX99999-9, the last figure -9 is only a control-figures and can be left out - normaly for BMW-VIN-identifiction the
last seven letters/figures are required, I can do with the last 3 for the M5touring, I checked 375 + 457 but no match -
-
which one is it = XX99???-X > ? :confused3

·
Registered
4 Posts
I presume the guy I purchased it from was told this by the first owner. I look forward to seeing the build sheet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Mark L said:
I presume the guy I purchased it from was told this by the first owner. I look forward to seeing the build sheet.

Thanks.
I assume that they thought it was the 575 version of the Touring made ...I assume.

But either way congratulations on the car looks excellent...I was pleased with my reasonably low mileage version but 57,000 km s great although the reason for missing out the other 14,000 km does not match as the speedometer can be changed without the mileage being changed as they are separate I believe.

I agree with the sellers comment on de-badging as most have not a clue about the car even people who know about the cars.

Also the idea of LHD cars producing another 15 BHP hummm I think someone may be mistaken.ouich

But one thing I never have regretted getting a Touring they are fantastic, just like the saloons, but so practical. I cannot think of another car that has that practicality speed and fun ....but then I am biased.

Good luck enjoy your new car.

Simon:byebye:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks like another M5 with the throwing stars facing the wrong direction. :rolleyes:
Nice car though and good choice of colour :M5thumbs: (assume its granite silver?)

Frank

101 - 120 of 1190 Posts