BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1141 - 1160 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Beautiful. Where'd you find this one?
-
Where is it now, which state ? Already customs cleared, federalized and ,on the road’?eek:
Apparently in 09/2018 it was still in Norway !?:nerd
Offered at a pretty much high price starting in about June 2018, the price was reduced in steps
until the level apparently matched with someones budget. :wink:smile
Congratulations to both seller a the new owner. One more to have crossed the Atlantic Ocean
and reached the US coast.:wink:crying
-
Will it be introduced to and registered with ,mregistry’ ?:x

·
Registered
62 Posts
-
Where is it now, which state ? Already customs cleared, federalized and ,on the road’?eek:
Apparently in 09/2018 it was still in Norway !?:nerd
Offered at a pretty much high price starting in about June 2018, the price was reduced in steps
until the level apparently matched with someones budget. :wink:smile
Congratulations to both seller a the new owner. One more to have crossed the Atlantic Ocean
and reached the US coast.:wink:crying
-
Will it be introduced to and registered with ,mregistry’ ?:x
Mike and Karl,

Thank you! I found the car through a listing on mobile.de. The seller was a devoted steward of this car for several years and I know it was very hard for him to sell it. Which is always good as a buyer. He is already planning a trip to come visit the car and the rest of my collection when he makes a trek to see family here in the states.

The car is not state registered yet (Texas) but is fully customs cleared and ready to be put on the road once I get the registration process scheduled. The personalized plates "M5 WAGON" are already ordered of course. :wink Will go well with the "M5 2RING" plates on my daytona car (BL01416, almost exactly 100 units apart).

Karl, it and the other M5s in my collection will be introduced and put in the mregistry soon. If the numbers I've found are correct, there were a total of 12 M5Ts built in calypsorot. Do you happen to know the interior breakdowns for those 12? This car has anthracite amaretta m-cloth. Curious if any of the other 11 had the same.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
A new member to the Texas ///M family

Hi Brian.
Thks for your lines and the details!!!:smile
Congratulations and good to hear this car was added to your collection.mmmmmm:thumbsup::M5thumbs:
-
Calypsorot-met. number built = 12 is correct !
CALYPSOROT METALLIC (252) ANTHRAZIT STOFF M5 (0475) 5
CALYPSOROT METALLIC (252) SCHWARZ VOLLEDER (0318) 5
CALYPSOROT METALLIC (252) SILBERGRAU STOFF M5 (0476) 1
CALYPSOROT METALLIC (252) STOFF HURRICAN/SILBERGRAU (A9SL) 1
!! (0476 = A9SL = same = Silvergrey M cloth + Amaretta bolsters = coding changed by BMW) !!
-
PS:
PC problems:eek I can not get it started and consequently I have presently no access to my e-mails :crying
or to most of my archives......:crying:|
Whenever the time comes for a 6 speed wagon in Avusblau to be added to your collection,
please let me know.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hello. BL01008 is for sale here on the forum
https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/cars-sale-wanted/603000-1992-m5-touring-daytona-violet.html#post7552448
I hope I can find an E34 touring lover to take care of it since I'm moving to a place where it wouldn't last long in the bumpy roads...
-
[email protected]
all the best for a smooth sale and for someone to 'take over' :smile
-
[Probably the first Daytona violet touring made, in April 1992!]
-
Not quite :eek
BL01008 is the Daytona-Violett-met. with the lowest VIN (!) -
prod. date: April 1st, 1992, however.....:crying
BL01011 and 012, Daytona-Violett-met. = prod. date March 26th -
"hand-built" = this can happen......:wink

·
Registered
25 Posts
-
[email protected]
all the best for a smooth sale and for someone to 'take over' :smile
-
[Probably the first Daytona violet touring made, in April 1992!]
-
Not quite :eek
BL01008 is the Daytona-Violett-met. with the lowest VIN (!) -
prod. date: April 1st, 1992, however.....:crying
BL01011 and 012, Daytona-Violett-met. = prod. date March 26th -
"hand-built" = this can happen......:wink
well then..my "probably" goes to "not" :grin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning chaps! I bought a M-registered 1993 E34 M5 Touring in Mauritiusblue (BL01490) off of a Dutch chap a few weeks ago and thought I'd join the board. I'm not new to the E34 life since I've owned a 1994 525i 24V in Maledivenblau (BG66435) for the past four years.

The Touring has been transfered back to Germany and passed TÜV already, just need to sort out insurance and registration. Hope to have it on the road again by mid May(ish). I recon it might be one of the highest mileage examples, currently sitting at 385.000kms, but the engine was apparently rebuilt at 202.000kms.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Thanks for telling......

......and congratulations to E34 M5touring ownership.....take good care of the baby ....
and hopefully it will bring you loads of driving pleasure.....
-
is there a Dutch sell out of high mileage E34 M5T going on ? check this one on autoscout24
BL01859 - € 38.500 - 391.000 km - EZ 31.01.1996 (!)
(NL) NN-JP-84 - Almost Classic Cars NL-2825 NC BERKENWOUDE
-
https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/b...8fa6?cldtidx=1
-
PS:
”The times, they are a changing”.......
2006 offered for € 8.995 with 291.000 km and now.....s.a.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
a bring a trailer project, rare mugello red, and no sunroof.
Karl, the question on BaT that came up was how many are without roof rails ?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-touring-4/
-
Hi Mike.
WOW, good to see ,the heavy duty engines (and various) hauler’ is (somehow) still alive
and apparently until now still in the hands of the same owner ever since 2001 :eek:smile:wink-
-
1 of only 5 in Mugellorot (274 U), hopefully to be rescued by someone who is aware of what he is up to...??????
-
SA404 - DHSD sunroof = 761 i.e. factory without = 130 cars
SA385 - Dachträger-Längsschienen / roof rails = 511 i.e. factory without = 380 cars

·
Registered
62 Posts
-
Hi Mike.
WOW, good to see ,the heavy duty engines (and various) hauler’ is (somehow) still alive
and apparently until now still in the hands of the same owner ever since 2001 :eek:smile:wink-
-
1 of only 5 in Mugellorot (274 U), hopefully to be rescued by someone who is aware of what he is up to...??????
-
SA404 - DHSD sunroof = 761 i.e. factory without = 130 cars
SA385 - Dachträger-Längsschienen / roof rails = 511 i.e. factory without = 380 cars
Karl, I was curious about your comment above and the same you made on BaT - was this car used as a utility vehicle (heavy engine hauler) in its previous life?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
-
@eERO - Webasto is often an after market option.
Are you sure BMW used Webasto for this factory extra pay option ?
Either way, out of total production of 891 cars = 78 of them had the SA536 - Standheizung/aux. heating -
extra pay option.
Yes standheizung is Webasto. E28 had Eberspächer. What makes you think something else?

1141 - 1160 of 1181 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
158 Participants
M5touring reg
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing