BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 1190 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
M5TouringFan said:
Hi Karl,

I purchased the magazine this weekend and it is a good article. I would be happy to post you my magazine if you like, and I'll pick up another.

Just my way of saying thanks for the build sheet details for my car :)
Pls pm me to the same email as for the build details with your address and will pop the latest issue sin the post.

best rgds,
Sandeep
-
thks, mate, for the kind offer, much appreciated - but the postage alone
will go for more than a pint and I settle for a pint when I see you at a future
M5touring-meeting in the UK, thks anyway, very kind :cheers: :M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
M5touring reg said:
-
thks, mate, for the kind offer, much appreciated - but the postage alone
will go for more than a pint and I settle for a pint when I see you at a future
M5touring-meeting in the UK, thks anyway, very kind :cheers: :M5thumbs:
Hi Karl

If you are coming over to the UK it would be great to meet and thank you in person with a pint or two. Also maybe you could come over for the Gaydon show which should be in September but I do not have dates yet.

The article does have some very good pictures and I think they really show off the Touring. Since Bob Harper states that he is biased as he thinks that the E34 M5 is the best car BMW have ever made and that the Touring is the same only with a little more space for the Labradors.

But at least it clarifys the "Elekta" myth and finally clarifies that this was a dealer specification and not an official car from BMW M-Power so for once and for all there is finally something in print.

BTW this is not the same car that I looked at in Munich Legends, I think that that one was number 19/XX. I also notice that unlike a number of other models I have seem this does not have a factory alarm and the auto-dipping mirror control. Which seems to be common to these "Elekta" models. Also this one has less milage on than the one I saw at ML.

Still the car looks in great condition and looks from the pictures as if it will be a great buy for any perspective purchaser. But that will depend on an up close inspection.

After a great drive on Sunday, which really re-inforced my decision to purchase the car - just opened that massive sunroof turned off the stereo and turned up the that six cylinder music box under the bonnet.

Thanks

Simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
1475

Hi Karl,
I have just bought (from Munich Legends), vin 1475, mileage supposedly 84,000k. Metallic granite grey, light grey Papal ("holey"!) Leather.

I am led to believe it is originally from Italy - Avellino area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Re: 1475

BackMartyr said:
Hi Karl,
I have just bought (from Munich Legends), vin 1475, mileage supposedly 84,000k. Metallic granite grey, light grey Papal ("holey"!) Leather.
I am led to believe it is originally from Italy - Avellino area.
-
Hi Del + congratulations !
I guess a purchase from 'ML' never comes cheap. Good to know that the
rarity ended up with a real BMW-enthusiast. Take good care ! Only 26 were
made in 'granit-silver-met.' -
Yes, the car might have had a life in Italy for some time but I believe it is
NOT an Italian version car nor an -export- car, I believe it was originally sold
in Germany. BMW can tell you the 'dealer' it was delivered to if you want to know ?? (you have an e-mail-msg as well) -
Cheers
Karl
-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Re: 1475

M5touring reg said:
-
Hi Del + congratulations !
I guess a purchase from 'ML' never comes cheap. Good to know that the
rarity ended up with a real BMW-enthusiast. Take good care ! Only 26 were
made in 'granit-silver-met.' -
Yes, the car might have had a life in Italy for some time but I believe it is
NOT an Italian version car nor an -export- car, I believe it was originally sold
in Germany. BMW can tell you the 'dealer' it was delivered to if you want to know ?? (you have an e-mail-msg as well) -
Cheers
Karl
-
I would like to know which dealer it came from. By the way that 84,000 is kilometres, not miles.

Only changes seem to be 3 piece BBS 18" wheels. Misunderstanding about Munich Legends, it was very realistically priced.......

BackMartyr
www.ImmuneSystemBank.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Hi Karl

I am the owner of #1935, Ascot Green 6 speed car built right at the end of the run in July 1995.

I am afraid that I have to sell the car - my family are moving to the country from London in the Summer, and I need to buy something more practical (and cheaper to run!) while i establish a new business.

Do you know of the best places to advertise the car in the UK - I have posted an ad on www.pistonheads.com with no response as yet - I wondered whether you knew of any better places to advertise this fantastic car?

Cheers
Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Re: 1475

BackMartyr said:
I would like to know which dealer it came from. By the way that 84,000 is kilometres, not miles.
Only changes seem to be 3 piece BBS 18" wheels. Misunderstanding about Munich Legends, it was very realistically priced.......
BackMartyr
www.ImmuneSystemBank.org
-
any car with a good maintenance-record shud be higher priced for good reasons....
if you wish to know the dealer the car was originally delivered to, you must
approach the 'Mobile Tradition' with proof of ownership and ask the question..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
sean01 said:
Hi Karl

I am the owner of #1935, Ascot Green 6 speed car built right at the end of the run in July 1995.
I am afraid that I have to sell the car - my family are moving to the country from London in the Summer, and I need to buy something more practical (and cheaper to run!) while i establish a new business.
Do you know of the best places to advertise the car in the UK - I have posted an ad on www.pistonheads.com with no response as yet - I wondered whether you knew of any better places to advertise this fantastic car?
Cheers
Sean
-
Hi Sean,
too bad but that's life. As I am not in the UK I do not know what to recommend, Autotrader ??? This car (being LHD) shud create some interest even outside the UK, how about -www.mobile.de- and -www-bytbil.se-
what is your price-idea and the present mileage ??
brgds
Karl
-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Re: 1475

M5touring reg said:
-
any car with a good maintenance-record shud be higher priced for good reasons....
if you wish to know the dealer the car was originally delivered to, you must
approach the 'Mobile Tradition' with proof of ownership and ask the question..
Lost me now, what is 'Mobile Tradition' ?

Car has lost its power steering. I needed to beef up my arm muscles anyway, and the LHD is good training for the Nurburgring 24 hour in a couple of weeks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Hello Karl,
Hello everybody,
What a great forum !!!
Ive bought a Daytona Violet BL01372 , M5 Touring in France, and imported to Argentina no mods so far. It came with an aftermaket Webasto moonroof.
This is the only one in Argentina.

Karl, can you update your geographic allocation.?
The only mod expected is M mirrors.
Regards
Sebastian :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Hi Sebastian,
I believe we had contact before ??
my location for what it's worth is Sweden -
-
a 'Webasto-moonroof' instead of the factory 'double-sun-roof' ??
very strange !
-
good to hear from you, keep in touch !
brgds
Karl :byebye: :)
-

Sebas said:
Hello Karl,
Hello everybody,
What a great forum !!!
Ive bought a Daytona Violet BL01372 , M5 Touring in France, and imported to Argentina no mods so far. It came with an aftermaket Webasto moonroof.
This is the only one in Argentina.

Karl, can you update your geographic allocation.?
The only mod expected is M mirrors.
Regards
Sebastian :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Hello Karl,

I wasnt clear sorry, what I meant was, as you did in post # 17. (Tourings per country)

Regards
Sebastian :flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Sebas said:
Hello Karl,
I wasnt clear sorry, what I meant was, as you did in post # 17. (Tourings per country)
Regards
Sebastian :flag:
-
Hi Sebastian,
ok, M5tourings per country, I will post an updated list in the next days -
-
I checked the build-sheet for 372 and realized that your car is one of few
(appr. 16%) delivered from the factory without the 'double-sun-roof'-option-
meaning someone did cut into your roof :crying: , I really hope the WEBASTO-roof will hold for you, perhaps it does not rain so much where you live ?? :)
-
brgds
Karl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hi,

Some pictures of my Touring: http://www.students.tut.fi/~pietila6/Touring/

No: BL01485. Bought it from Germany and now its imported to Finland. Because of our law regulations, I have to pay some 7-10 000€ additional tax. So the value of M5 tourings starts from 18000€->. IF they are for sale, there are not so many Touring here.

And the best part, at least for me, is the color: 266/Lagunengrün. I would like to know how many were made in that color? Not so many as in violet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Hi Sebastian,
there are so many changes just now, the country-list update will have to wait for a while.
As per the official german car registry (KBA) only 64 M5tourings were registered in Germany in the 18 months prior to the 31.12.2004. -
One of the countries with an increasing number of M5tourings is FINLAND,
there are about 10 M5tourings in Finland now (whereof 7 are identified).- :blabla: :typing:
brgds
Karl
-
M5touring reg said:
-
Hi Sebastian,
ok, M5tourings per country, I will post an updated list in the next days -
-
I checked the build-sheet for 372 and realized that your car is one of few
(appr. 16%) delivered from the factory without the 'double-sun-roof'-option-
meaning someone did cut into your roof :crying: , I really hope the WEBASTO-roof will hold for you, perhaps it does not rain so much where you live ?? :)
-
brgds
Karl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
Congratulations to M5touring-ownership !
daytona-violett-met., diamantschwarz-met. + avusblau-met. are the most
common M5touring standard-colours -
-
(266 M) lagunengruen was in later production replaced by
(324 M) oxfordgruen-met. but then somebody still wanted that car colour
and of course 'ZS' fixed it but this car is accounted for under 'special paint cars', i.e. there are 17 (only) M5touring with the regular colour (266 M) lagunengruen-met. + the one (1) with that colour as a 'Sonderlack/special paint' -
enjoy your fun-car :viking: :M5launch:
Karl
-
BT said:
Hi,
Some pictures of my Touring: http://www.students.tut.fi/~pietila6/Touring/

No: BL01485. Bought it from Germany and now its imported to Finland. Because of our law regulations, I have to pay some 7-10 000€ additional tax. So the value of M5 tourings starts from 18000€->. IF they are for sale, there are not so many Touring here.

And the best part, at least for me, is the color: 266/Lagunengrün. I would like to know how many were made in that color? Not so many as in violet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Hello Karl,

Dont worry , I know its a neverending proposition,
Maybe at the end of 2005, for the 10th anniversary of final year production.
BTW Im very happy with my Touring, much better than my E36 M3, by far.
Best Regards
Sebas
1993 M5 Touring Daytona Violet .:byee55amg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
on special request from Sebastian in Argentina -
(all details without engagement only)
number in brackets ( ) = do supposedly exist but are NOT identified,
identified numbers do include wrecked cars and cars reported as stolen -
-
official car register status:
2002-06-30 Sweden = 92
2004-12-31 Germany = 64
2001-12-31 Norway = 69

total no (out of 891 made) positively identified in the M5touring-register = 328
thereof identifed in:
Sweden = 118
Germany = 91
Norway = 22 (+50)
Finland = 7 (+3)
Denmark = 1
USA = 20
UK = 22
France = 11
Italy = 4
Netherlands = 7
Switzerland = 4 (+1)
Austria = 3
Brazil = 1 (+3)
Argentina = 1
Luxembourg = 1
Hungaria = 1
Slovenia = (3) none identified

where are all the others ? any input would be MOST welcome !!! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Many Many Thanks Karl.

That was really fast. What a job you have done !!! :M5thumbs:

I've heard that there is one a least in Japan.

Best Reagards

Sebastian
M5 Touring Daytona Violet
 
81 - 100 of 1190 Posts
Top