BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1190 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Simonal said:
Hi Karl
Thanks for the reply yes it was the one from TRADECAR will be having it looked at by my engineer. So far the car seems in good condition. I will send you another private message through the site.
Thanks Simon
-
I was wondering bcs the car is still on -mobile.de- ?? seems to be a nice specy and it shud be for the price asked (mine is also -avusblue- and cud
be more or less identical with yours) -
oh, you did sent a private msg in this forum ? (I was looking for an e-mail)
ok, that is fine I will look it up and revert - enjoy the car and the driving :wroom: :byebye:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
M5touring reg said:
-
I was wondering bcs the car is still on -mobile.de- ?? seems to be a nice specy and it shud be for the price asked (mine is also -avusblue- and cud
be more or less identical with yours) -
oh, you did sent a private msg in this forum ? (I was looking for an e-mail)
ok, that is fine I will look it up and revert - enjoy the car and the driving :wroom: :byebye:
Hi Karl

Yes it was the one on Mobile he also has the previous one that he sold still on there still! I got the buildsheet thanks:M5thumbs: and yes the price was high but I so far have been happy with the car and have wanted one for a while. When I have done all the ususal things such as a first service I will post pictures.

Thanks for all the infomation.:byebye:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All! :byebye:

Just to let you knwo that I am now the proud owner of a fantastic M5 Touring first registered Feb 1995, (BL01815).

I have only recently sold my M5 3.8 1994 to Steve from Hertfordshire, but couldn't resist looking at the M5 Touring as I enjoyed the 3.8 M5 so much.

Thsi is the car that was advertised for sale in Switzerland on mobile.de,
Oxford Green with a two tone parchment interior .

The details I can share are

6 speed
18 parallel alloys
double sunroof
rear window blinds
climate control
cruise control
EDC suspension (standard?)
Motorsport mirrors

I am keen to understand which options are standard and which may have been extras.

The car has approx 168,000 kms, but a complete engine replacement at 89,000 Kms by BMW in Germany (fully documented)

Any extra information about this car if it is on record would certainly appreciated!

I suddenly feel like a member of a very exclusive club!:cheers:

Sandeep
:cool2:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi Sandeep/[email protected]
i.e. the 'famous' -Eichler- (ex Autohaus Behrendt) M5touring has finally found
a new proud owner ? that´s good knows ! I sincerely hope that you did NOT pay any extra-money for -one out of 100-, 'oxford-racing-green' and other 'fairytales' - it seems to be a nice car in it's own rights though -
-
send me a private msg with your e-mail-address and I will sent you a copy
of the -buildsheet- for that car in return, then you can see what is standard
and what was/is 'optional' on your car, the car was well prepared by 'Autohaus Behrendt' and also 'Mr. Eichler' had invested some 'funds' -
enjoy the car and treat it nice in a way it was built for :byebye:
looking forward to hearing from you -

brgds
Karl (M5touring register)

·
Registered
36 Posts
While I was trying to sell my car to buy either that Touring or the silver sedan, both got sold! The silver one sold in a week after the owner advertized it on two sites, condition was really very good. My brother-in-law bought the Touring!!! I mentioned on my last week post that he owned a 1995 530 Touring - he decided he needed an upgrade :3: . Well, perhaps that's not such a bad news, since now I get the chance to drive it from time to time. It also will give me a chance to drive a M5 properly on an open road and see if it is for me (although I'm pretty sure it is already). I did forget about the VIN #, I'll post it later today or tomorrow.

He mentioned that the car came with just one key, so I ask you guys if you know if it is possible to order a new set of keys from BMW (he mentioned something about the hood, I guess he meant rail locks or something). If is, what's necessary - VIN #, proof of ownership,etc. Perhaps he may order from a local dealer, just like Mercedes'.

Driving impressions will follow soon, possibly with pics!

Thanks,

Antonio

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
M5-ready said:
He mentioned that the car came with just one key, so I ask you guys if you know if it is possible to order a new set of keys from BMW (he mentioned something about the hood, I guess he meant rail locks or something). If is, what's necessary - VIN #, proof of ownership,etc. Perhaps he may order from a local dealer, just like Mercedes'.
Driving impressions will follow soon, possibly with pics!
Thanks,
Antonio
-
-
looking forward to the VIN + details on any other M5touring confirmed to be
running in Brazil :blabla:
as for new key/s it can be ordered from the dealer, VIN + proof of ownership !
when new the car comes with 4 (four) keys, up to 10 (ten) keys can be
-activated- at the same time -
IF THERE IS ONLY ONE KEY THAT CAME WITH THE CAR = DRIVE TO BMW
-IMMEDIATELY- AND HAVE ALL THE OTHER KEYS -DE-ACTIVED- VERY IMPORTANT !!! as otherwise the car might be collected easily from your
garage way by someone who has -kept- a valid key to your (brother in law)
car - IF I WAS YOU I GAVE THIS MATTER HIGHEST PRIORITY !!! :M5launch:

·
Registered
36 Posts
BL01843 alive and kicking

Thanks for the tip about the keys. I've just order a new set and cancelled the others. (from now on I'll say "I" instead of "my brother-in-law" to save time!)

VIN # ends with BL01843. What can you find out about this one?

Thanks,

Antonio

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Re: BL01843 alive and kicking

M5-ready said:
VIN # ends with BL01843. What can you find out about this one?
Thanks, Antonio
-
wow, the first located M5touring in South-America 'and it is a 6-gear' !!
prod.date: 03.03.1995, first registration date: 18.03.1996 (!!-one year later!!)
colour: cosmosblack-met. (383 M), interior: full leather nappa black -
extra-pay-options: 216A,243A,302A,339A-shadow line,354A,404A,417A,
431A,459A,528A,534A,540A-cruise control,670A,672A,676A,710A,853-language version english,925A-
in order to send you a copy of the -build-sheet- (it is in german) I wud need
your e-mail-address (sent me a private msg) -
this car was not previously registered in the M5touring registry, th4 there is
no pre-history, perhaps it was shipped to Brazil as a brand new car ??
enjoy your motoring (whenever your b.i.l. allows ;) :wroom:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
It is good to see another late touring has found it's way home.:cheers:
I wonder if it was imported early in its life or just recently. How hard is it to import in and out of South America anyway?
-
-
is that you, Greg ??? ?????? :viking: :byebye:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Karl,

Yes it is. Actually your question explains a little confusion between early emails, from many months ago. I had pm'd you from this board during early correspondence about 1931,orinoco and then later about 1932 and others. Then I just started emailing you direct, and I guess you never knew the screen name, regular name, etc.

Greg

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
BreakerBacker said:
Karl,
Yes it is. Actually your question explains a little confusion between early emails, from many months ago. I had pm'd you from this board during early correspondence about 1931,orinoco and then later about 1932 and others. Then I just started emailing you direct, and I guess you never knew the screen name, regular name, etc.
Greg
-
Hi Greg,
yes, indeed, with the flow of e-mails etc. it gets very confusing sometimes
with all these 'secret' forum-pseudonyms and real names.
I still owe you some -orinoco- news, I am aware. :) :byebye:

·
Registered
36 Posts
About imp/exp tp/from South America

Actually, I do not know much about the other countries in LA, I'll describe the situation in Brazil (as far as I know, or think I know!).

Not long ago - about 10 years - imported cars were a no-no in Brazil. The ban on imports were in force since the '74 oil crisis! Can you imagine 20 years without imports? During that period we could buy any car, as long as it was VW, Ford, Dodge or Chevy, and later Fiat, made in Brazil. The only semi-official way to drive an imported car was to convince a foreign diplomat to import and then buy from him, after a minimum of two years. It was not unusual for a diplomat to let someone borrow the car for these two years and then transfer ownership:haha: .

After '94 (I guess), imports were allowed but import taxes were extra-heavy. It was like a transition period, with quotas also. Not a lot of cars were brought on at that time, since you were paying extra money for the priviledge to be the first on the block driving an imported car.

Next year taxes were lower and the real flow began. There are only two restrictions:

1) car had to be 0km - no used ones allowed!
2) money. Since total taxes are (still) around 100% of the price of the car, you need a lot of money to buy a foreign car - think USD120k for an X5.

Recently a law was passed allowing vintage cars and parts (30-plus years old) to be imported with reduced taxes, but it has to be original and wear a black plate. 2004 is a good year: non-rusting Porsches just began to show up!

As to export from here, I am not sure if someone has ever tried that!! Too much paperwork and stamps. Besides, the good stuff is in Europe and USA. Used imported cars are kind of cheap now, because maintenance is VERY expensive, but still not worth buying because the "sticker price" was twice the price in USA, remember?

The Touring was bought for USD20,000 with 4 brand new rotors and pads, and about 40,000 miles on the clock, so... I don't know how it would compare to your market.

That's all folks, have fun - you may want to check www.webmotors.com.br or www.mercadolivre.com.br for more cars and prices. R$3 = US$ 1.

Cheers, Antonio

·
Registered
121 Posts
$20k usd and only 40k miles for a 95 M5 Touring! That sounds like a real good deal. I have bought mine in the last year with 70k miles and it was about 20% more than that with transportation and the such. The guy was asking $32 or $33 and I believe this scared off most that would have been interested. I low balled him because it needed front EDC's, tires and a few other odds and ends, and he took it.:cheers: I think that had he asked high $20's he probably could have had it. Another very! nice M5 Touring was recently on the market for $35 in Texas, and it was gone after a few weeks. Don't know if it sold for sure, but a 95 fitting the description (oxford and black) recently passed emissions and was registered in California.
The market here seems very small, but those who want these cars really want these cars.

You have got to be driving the only M5 Touring in Brazil! based on the shear cost of gettting one into Brazil. That is cool. Do people even know what M5's are there, based on the limited number of BMW's to begin with? Enjoy your car, and best of luck with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, as we know these were very expensive cars, and probably the second or third car for whoever bought it. Hardly daily drivers, especially in Rio and São Paulo, where wealthy people are more and more afraid of driving expensive cars. They were probably driven on weekends, to and from beach houses.

Either that or someone found out how to set the clock back!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Exact km for BL01843

I forget to mention the mileage for BL01843: 47.000 km :eek:oohhh: !!!! That's why that shifter feels so tight.:wroom:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Just thought I would drop guys a note.

There is nice article on the E34 Touring in the Febuary 2005 edition of the UK based magizine - BMW Car. The car featured as Karl knows, he is mentioned in the article is one of thr dealer edition Elekta Itallian market models in British racing green with Tobacco hide.

The picture are pretty good I have not read the whole article so cannot comment on the rest but it has been written by Bob Harper who begins by saying that in his opinion the E34 M5 was the best car ever made by BMW and the Touring just allows more space for dogs.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Simonal said:
Just thought I would drop guys a note.
There is nice article on the E34 Touring in the Febuary 2005 edition of the UK based magizine - BMW Car. The car featured as Karl knows, he is mentioned in the article is one of thr dealer edition Elekta Itallian market models in British racing green with Tobacco hide.

The picture are pretty good I have not read the whole article so cannot comment on the rest but it has been written by Bob Harper who begins by saying that in his opinion the E34 M5 was the best car ever made by BMW and the Touring just allows more space for dogs.
-
it is the Februari 2005-edition is it ?? I just tried my internet-press-shop but
there it still shows the 2005-01 issue (with the New M6 on front page),
I guess I hv to wait a little longer (waiting for something good.......... lovelove ) thks for telling me/us, I had asked 'Bob H.' when the article will be
published but he seems to be busy.... :confused2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Karl,

I purchased the magazine this weekend and it is a good article. I would be happy to post you my magazine if you like, and I'll pick up another.

Just my way of saying thanks for the build sheet details for my car :)
Pls pm me to the same email as for the build details with your address and will pop the latest issue sin the post.

best rgds,
Sandeep

61 - 80 of 1190 Posts