BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to start this thread as a chronical of preventative and remedial maintenance performed on my beast. I'll seek help in other threads (have one open now to chase lean issues which has hopefully been resolved) and hopefully this may serve as an example to the common questions of ownership and maintenance costs and overall reliability. I have done several things since buying the car but will not back-date those, this thread will include detailed write-ups on everything from this day on. When I have a completed Excel/Word document that lists all maintenance work done, I will include that as well.

The Car:
2001 E39 M5, 01/01 build, 185,000ish miles, 3rd owner, purchased just over a year ago, and resides in Indiana. The car came with an EXTENSIVE service history.

The Plan:
I will follow a hybrid of the regular BMW Schedule I & II and Bav Otto's service recommendations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timing Chain Tensioner 05 Jan 18, 185,700. Miles
Reason: Non-Vanos startup sound (I hope). On startup there is a 1/2-1 second sound that sounds like someone with a raspy and metallic cough.

Things You Will Need:

• 19mm Socket
  • Spanner for said socket
  • Chain Tensioner (551 0019 100)
  • Crush Washer (07 11 9 963 355)
  • Torque Wrench
  • 10mm Socket or Wrench (not pictured)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4UnSM0RLdemWZnzy2
Step 1: Remove/Move Air Filter Box from US Passenger Side.

Remove retaining clips that keep the air filter box closed. (Red circles)

Loosen clamp of hose that connects to the upper plenum. (Green circle)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hZDRaQ8YY6SYyCj13

Rotate upper half of air filter box, MAF, and hose up as one unit.

Remove 10mm bolt that secures the lower half of the air filter box. (Red circle)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qmUwHNOcn28zbjuu1

Pull lower half of air filter box out and set aside.

Step 2:Remove Timing Chain Tensioner.

You can use a mirror, or do as I did and feel around to find the bolt. If you slide two fingers between the bolt next to the VANOS unit and the hose just left of it, you should find it easily. I would recommend putting a towel or something below the bolt to keep the area clean because some oil will come out and drip on your exhaust.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GCuhJHnsxPGjV0xB2

I used a 2.5 deep socket to reach the bolt but you could also use a short extension. Mine required quite a bit of force to undo and luckily fell out. Be sure to get the old crush washer as well!

New vs Old

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3FbMIePm1RJXCM72

Step 3: Install New Timing Chain Tensioner:

Install new crush washer and thread the new unit in by hand to avoid cross-threading.
then torque down to 50nm.

Step 4: Put Everything Back
Do step 1 backwards.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I thought this was a good post and wanted to save it for future generations. When pictures get loaded to outside servers they seem to disappear leaving good posts mainly useless. I hope you don't mind but I quoted you and uploaded your pics to the M5board servers so they will be there as long as the post. If you do mind just say so and I will delete this post.

I would like to start this thread as a chronical of preventative and remedial maintenance performed on my beast. I'll seek help in other threads (have one open now to chase lean issues which has hopefully been resolved) and hopefully this may serve as an example to the common questions of ownership and maintenance costs and overall reliability. I have done several things since buying the car but will not back-date those, this thread will include detailed write-ups on everything from this day on. When I have a completed Excel/Word document that lists all maintenance work done, I will include that as well.

The Car:
2001 E39 M5, 01/01 build, 185,000ish miles, 3rd owner, purchased just over a year ago, and resides in Indiana. The car came with an EXTENSIVE service history.

The Plan:
I will follow a hybrid of the regular BMW Schedule I & II and Bav Otto's service recommendations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timing Chain Tensioner 05 Jan 18, 185,700. Miles
Reason: Non-Vanos startup sound (I hope). On startup there is a 1/2-1 second sound that sounds like someone with a raspy and metallic cough.

Things You Will Need:

• 19mm Socket
  • Chain Tensioner (551 0019 100)
  • Crush Washer (07 11 9 963 355)
  • Torque Wrench
  • 10mm Socket or Wrench (not pictured)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4UnSM0RLdemWZnzy2
1.jpg
Step 1: Remove/Move Air Filter Box from US Passenger Side.

Remove retaining clips that keep the air filter box closed. (Red circles)

Loosen clamp of hose that connects to the upper plenum. (Green circle)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hZDRaQ8YY6SYyCj13
2.jpg

Rotate upper half of air filter box, MAF, and hose up as one unit.

Remove 10mm bolt that secures the lower half of the air filter box. (Red circle)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qmUwHNOcn28zbjuu1
3.jpg

Pull lower half of air filter box out and set aside.

Step 2:Remove Timing Chain Tensioner.

You can use a mirror, or do as I did and feel around to find the bolt. If you slide two fingers between the bolt next to the VANOS unit and the hose just left of it, you should find it easily. I would recommend putting a towel or something below the bolt to keep the area clean because some oil will come out and drip on your exhaust.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GCuhJHnsxPGjV0xB2
4.jpg

I used a 2.5 deep socket to reach the bolt but you could also use a short extension. Mine required quite a bit of force to undo and luckily fell out. Be sure to get the old crush washer as well!

New vs Old

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3FbMIePm1RJXCM72
5.jpg

Step 3: Install New Timing Chain Tensioner:

Install new crush washer and thread the new unit in by hand to avoid cross-threading.
then torque down to 50nm.

Step 4: Put Everything Back
Do step 1 backwards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I dig your style dude...

I will subscribe and add to this thread (over time).

Thanks for stating this out and the repost by Sailor24 to keep the pix (“you weren’t privy to the new $hit”)

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Sailor, I don't mind at all! I mostly post while I am on my military computer/military network and have had a bugger of a time uploading files to the M5 servers.

Is there any content that would be interesting to include here that I don't already plan on? I would really like this to tie the board together, man.

·
Registered
798 Posts
thanks for this diy and saving the pics forever!

any marked improvement you noticed after doing this job? was there anything else wrong other than the annoying noises prior to the repair? any driveability issues?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for this diy and saving the pics forever!

any marked improvement you noticed after doing this job? was there anything else wrong other than the annoying noises prior to the repair? any driveability issues?
No issues performance wise or driveability wise, due to my cars mileage (185Kish) and not seeing this being replaced in the records that came with the car, and the noise, I figured it was time to replace.

After doing this, startup and idle sounds muchhh better. Now I just have a very faint VANOS sound at idle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Now that the snow has melted and several weeks of hard rain has finally washed away all of the salt in Indiana, I can now get the beast out and drive...and continue this thread.

I wasn't able to do nearly as much work on the car during the winter as I would have liked, it was just way too cold to sit out in my detached garage. During the extreme sub-zero nights something clearly happened to the cooling system. The coolant was changed 2-3 years ago when it lived in Florida and must not have been ready for -20F temps. My car only has the pesky power steering "leak" (still on my to-do list) so when I saw a puddle on the car I knew it required investigation. Turns out it was coolant/water, how it leaked out, I do not know, but I assume it froze and expanded a significant amount. So here is my DIY how how to change the coolant :).

Coolant Flush 10 Apr 18, 185,700. Miles
Reason: Coolant leak from sitting during the winter / service was due (2yr/30K)
Cost: $60

Things You Will Need:

• 17mm Socket (deep and/or regular)
  • 2 gallons BMW Coolant (or similar) (82 14 1 467 704)
  • 2 gallons distilled water
  • Crush Washer/gasket ring (07 11 9 963 225)
  • Torque Wrench
  • Extensions (recommended)
  • Swivel attachment (recommended)
  • Something to catch all of the coolant
Step 1: Jack/lift your car

Step 2: Remove radiator cap

Sept 3: Remove underbelly plastic covers
o Life is easier if you remove the one that covers the engine and the one that covers the oil pan.

Step 4: Prepare to catch liquids

Step 5: Remove radiator drain plug https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPuShL8MKd7e7pDZ00oNTSy4i-Zhrkl3-Q76Ex7
o This will be clearly visible. It is a plastic plug on the driver side at the end of the radiator, and below the car of course.
o A firm twist, and pull will do the job.
o Coolant should flow out.

Step 6: Replace drain plug with the same plug or a different one if you wish. I used the same one

Step 7: Remove engine block drain bolt, passenger-side U.S.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPuShL8MKd7e7pDZ00oNTSy4i-Zhrkl3-Q76Ex7
o Spray with PB blaster (optional)
o If a heat-shield is present, remove it!
o I used about 12 inches of extension, a swivel attachment, and a 2 inch deep socket.
o This was actually very easy to remove without the heat-shield.
o !Dude tip! Loosen it to where you can remove it with your fingers. Get a very small funnel with a tube attached to the end that leads to your catch bucket. Finish removing bolt by hand with funnel ready to go. I caught nearly all of the fluid and didn't make a mess.

Step 8: Replace crush washer/gasket and torque bolt down to 25NM

Step 9:
Remove engine block drain bolt, driver-side U.S. o Spray with PB blaster (optional)
o Definitely remove the heat shield!!!!
o I used about 12 inches of extension, no swivel, and a 1.5 deep socket.
o This was a PITA. You can experiment with extensions, swivels, and sockets. I lost my temper and probably didn't choose the easiest way.
o !Dude tip! Loosen it to where you can remove it with your fingers. Get a very small funnel with a tube attached to the end that leads to your catch bucket. Finish removing bolt by hand with funnel ready to go. I caught nearly all of the fluid and didn't make a mess.

Step 10: Replace crush washer/gasket and torque bolt down to 25NM

Step 11: Replace coolant
o Since the BMW coolant is concentrated, you need to use your desired ratio of distilled water, I chose 1:1, or 50:50 as most people say.
o I added 1 gallon of coolant, then 1 gallon of distilled water, and so on.
o I was able to replace roughly 3.5 gallons of liquid.

Step 12: Bleed coolant system (separate DIY)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vent Cooling System 10 Apr 18, 185,700. Miles
Reason: Replaced coolant
Cost: Time

Things You Will Need:
o Your hands
o TIS/this guide

Step 1: Open coolant expansion tank

Step 2: Turn on ignition and set heater to max temperature. Set blower to low setting. This open the heating valves and sets the auxiliary water pump in operation.

Step 3: Pour coolant into coolant expansion tank to a level of approx. 5 mm above max cold fill level.

Step 4: Close coolant expansion tank

Step 5: Run engine up to operating temperature

Step 6: Check coolant level

Step 7: Allow engine to cool down before checking coolant level. Coolant temperature must not exceed 30 C. If ambient temperature is above 30 C, then allow engine to cool down at least to ambient temperature. Check coolant level and top off to marking on coolant expansion tank.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Transmission Oil Change 22 May 18, 186,584 Miles
Reason: Service due to mileage change interval passing
Cost: $35

Things You Will Need:

• 17mm Socket
  • Breaker Bar
  • Torque Wrench
  • 2 Qt. Transmission Fluid
  • A Way to Pump Fluid Into Transmission
  • Phillips Head Screwdriver
  • A Way to Jack Your Car
  • Oil Catch Pan
Parts Needed.jpg

Step 1: Bring car to operating temp and jack the car

Step 2: Remove under-body panel that covers the transmission
o Phillips head screws
UnderBody Screw Locations.JPG

o Once the cover is removed, you should see this
Cover Off Picture.JPG

Step 3: Remove Fill Plug THEN the Drain Plug - let oil drain
o For the drain and fill plug, use the 17 mm socket
o My fill plug was extremely difficult to remove, had to use a breaker bar and use a considerably large amount of force to get it loose
o The drain plug required a breaker bar as well, but was not nearly as difficult to remove
o Catch old fluids
Plug Locations Picture.JPG

Step 4: Fill transmission with new fluid
o Put the drain plug back in, torque down to 25-35 Nm (whichever you are comfortable with I would say)
o Use your desired method to fill the transmission with new fluid. I used a cheap hand pump from Harbor Freight and a cut-off bottom of an old gallon jug.
How to Fill Picture.jpg
o Fill until the liquid starts to come out of the fill hole, this took me just about a whole 2 quarts
Fill Picture.jpg
o Put the fill plug back in and torque to the same 25-35 Nm as with the drain plug

Step 5: Clean up
o Check for leaks
o Clean up your mess and any fluid that splashed on your car/any drippings
o Put the cover back on and call it a day

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey dude, can you re-link the pictures of the engine block coolant drain plug, step 7 in your DIY, the link does not work. I need to do this this summer as when I bought the car, it was filled with *GASP* green coolant!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey dude, can you re-link the pictures of the engine block coolant drain plug, step 7 in your DIY, the link does not work. I need to do this this summer as when I bought the car, it was filled with *GASP* green coolant!
Hope this works: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMZa3n3adegsD3cXSlq_gV2tk1uq7AtEldBNO45

I contacted the admin to be able to edit the old post so I can embed the pictures since I finally figured it out.

Yeah, the blue coolant really ties everything together, man.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thermostat 14 Jun 18, 187,302 Miles
Reason: Thermostat stuck open.
Cost: $75-$150

Things You Will Need:

• 21mm(I think) Deep Socket
  • 17mm Socket
  • 14mm Socket
  • 10mm Socket
  • Torque Wrench
  • Flathead screw driver
  • Plier of your choice
  • O-Rings (at least six of each PN) (11531407002 & 11531406249)
  • Thermostat (11537835558)
  • Some BMW Coolant (or similar) (82141467704)
  • Some distilled water
  • Lube of some kind (I used Vaseline)
  • Extensions (optional)
  • Copper crush washers (optional/recommended)
  • Coolant Temp. Sensor (optional/recommended) (13621703993)
  • Thermostat Gasket (optional) (11531312287)
  • Something to catch all of the coolant
  • Pressure tester (option/recommended)
Parts.jpg

Step 1: Jack/lift your car

Step 2: Remove under-body panel/splash guard

Step 3: Drain coolant from the radiator

• I raised and lowered each corner of the car to get even more coolant out to make step 5 less messy
Step 4: Remove air intake tubes at the plenum
Parts Removed.jpg

Step 5: Remove coolant hoses

• You can simply detach them from the thermostat housing. I removed them completely since I was replacing them
  • I had very little coolant spill due to step 3 and after "burping" the hoses, I didn't need to suck any out
  • But if you don't want to mess with raising and lowering each corner of the car then you can suck coolant out of the hoses
Step 6: Unplug and remove thermostat temperature sensor

• Unplug the sensor then use the 21mm deep socket to remove the sensor
Temp Sensor.jpg

Step 7: Remove some bolts

• If you value your time and sanity, DO NOT follow the TIS past this point! I tried just removing the VANOS bracket with the lines still attached. Yes, you can get it out with some effort, but it sucks. Getting it back it with the lines still attached was the biggest PITA I have ever experienced, my blood was literally dripping from the car using this method.
  • First use your 17mm and 14mm sockets to remove the VANOS bolts marked in blue
  • Then use your 10mm socket to remove the bracket bolts, marked in red
  • Now you can easily move the bracket up and over the to the US passenger side of the car
  • Then use your 10mm socket to remove the remaining housing bolts, marked in green
VANOS Lines Edited.jpg
Bolts Edited.jpg

Step 8: Remove thermostat housing

• Since I did this with my VANOS lines still attached, I pulled straight back and very slightly up
  • Once it is out be sure to count how many pipes/tubes are still attached to your housing. Mine came out with one still attached (middle), I put the housing aside and returned for the other tubes to find only one was still in the "receiving end". After a few seconds of panic and looking all over for the other tube, I found that it had fallen into the water pump and was easily retrieved
Step 9: Remove old thermostat

• Using your preferred plier, simply latch onto the thermostat and pull it off
Thermo Removed.jpg

Step 10: Clean and inspect your housing, replace sealing ring if you so choose, install new thermostat

• After examining my housing, I noticed that someone before me had tried to remove the seal ring. Not sure if they were successful or not but due to the markings left behind I decided not to mess with it. Looks like I will be needing to order a new housing and doing this again much sooner than I had hoped :(.
  • Apply a small amount of lube to your new thermostat and press it into the housing
Seal Ring.jpg

Step 11: Clean and prepare your tubes for insertion

• Give your tubes a good cleaning and inspect for any damage
  • I thoroughly lubed the o-rings, the groves in the pipes, and the female ends of the housing and the "receiving end" of the vehicle
  • Install new o-rings
  • Press tubes into your housing
Dirty Tubes.jpg

Step 12: Reinstall your housing

• Again, following the TIS guidance will result in a terrible experience
  • With the VANOS mount and lines out of the way, come in at a 45 degree angle
  • Try to get the thermostat in the water pump hole first, then insert the tubes into the "receiving holes"
  • Some people claim you should hear a "pop", more people will say a "pop" means a broken o-ring. I didn't hear a "pop" but did very much hear a metal-to-metal contact sound. I removed the housing to check for breaks, everything was good. Pushed back in and hear the same metal-to-metal contact sound and let it be
Step 13: Put everything back together/check for leaks

• In this order
  • Thermostat housing bolts
  • VANOS bracket bolts
  • VANOS lines (replace copper washers if you lost them and choose to replace them)
  • Temperature sensor (install new one then plug back in)
  • Coolant tubes
  • Replace coolant, burp hoses, top-off if needed
  • Start car, bleed system and check for leaks
  • Air intake tubes
  • Rent a pressure tester to double check for leaks
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="false" DefSemiHidden="false" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="371"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal Indent"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footnote text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="header"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footer"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="index heading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="table of figures"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="envelope address"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="envelope return"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="footnote reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="line number"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="page number"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="endnote reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="endnote text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="table of authorities"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="macro"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="toa heading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Bullet 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Number 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Closing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Signature"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text Indent"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="List Continue 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Message Header"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Salutation"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Date"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text First Indent"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text First Indent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Note Heading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text Indent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Body Text Indent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Block Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Hyperlink"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="FollowedHyperlink"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Document Map"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Plain Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="E-mail Signature"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Top of Form"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Bottom of Form"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal (Web)"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Acronym"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Address"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Cite"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Code"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Definition"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Keyboard"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Preformatted"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Sample"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Typewriter"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="HTML Variable"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Normal Table"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="annotation subject"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="No List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Outline List 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Simple 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Classic 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Classic 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Classic 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Classic 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Colorful 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Columns 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Grid 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table List 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table 3D effects 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Contemporary"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Elegant"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Professional"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Subtle 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Subtle 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Web 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Balloon Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Table Theme"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" SemiHidden="true" UnhideWhenUsed="true" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="41" Name="Plain Table 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="42" Name="Plain Table 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="43" Name="Plain Table 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="44" Name="Plain Table 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="45" Name="Plain Table 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="40" Name="Grid Table Light"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="Grid Table 1 Light Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="Grid Table 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="Grid Table 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="Grid Table 4 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="Grid Table 5 Dark Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="Grid Table 6 Colorful Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="Grid Table 7 Colorful Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="46" Name="List Table 1 Light Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="47" Name="List Table 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="48" Name="List Table 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="49" Name="List Table 4 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="50" Name="List Table 5 Dark Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="51" Name="List Table 6 Colorful Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="52" Name="List Table 7 Colorful Accent 6"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oil Change + Vacuum Leak 14 September 18, 189,666 Miles
Reason: Service due to mileage change interval passing
Cost: $130

I'm going to skip the usual format that I follow for this one because I think it is a fairly simple process. I typically change the oil from the top, but I had my BlackStone bottle this time and wanted a better look for any metal specs in the oil, so I changed it from the bottom like a normal person. BlackStone results are posted below. The results have me very concerned about the rod bearings, but the only looked good upon visual inspection.

View attachment Blackstone Oil Analysis.pdf

I also removed the upper and lower plenum to take a look at the vacuum lines since I was having a bit of an idle hunt and figured it would be a mess in there given the age and mileage. I'll post a proper DIY on this later as I need to go back in to replace some gaskets and I need to hit the lower oil separator hoses. In hindsight it would have made much more sense to do all of this when I did the thermostat not that long ago. When I got a look at the vacuum lines I discovered that I am one of the few people that had no issues with the plastic elbows or the ICV being stuck. All of those bits were fine (replaced the elbows with brass ones anyways) but the vacuum lines themselves had blown off the elbows and were cracked and brittle, so I replaced those with new rubber lines. When I go back in I will be replacing those with silicone lines.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vacuum Line Replacement 13 March 19, 191,000 Miles
Reason: Old and collapsed lines
Cost: $75
This was a straightforward process and I found it to be much easier to do this with the thermostat removed. All of the steps to gain access to the lower oil vacuum lines have been covered so I will use pictures as much as possible.

Get to this point:

Then get to here:

At this point you can remove the thermostat and check the vacuum lines under the plenum.
Then you end up here:

Now is the time that you can replace the lower oil vacuum lines. I don't know if mine had ever been changed before but they felt like Playdough and looked like this (was able to tear them apart with my fingers):

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
HOLY SSSSHHHHHH

I am doing my thermostat soon, just to be sure, did you only replace the lower oil separator hoses? Or were there other vacuum lines you did as well when you were in there? I would love to replace whatever hoses I can when I am dealing with the thermostat, but that may not involve removing the plenum, I have valve cover gaskets to do when I do that job, so unlikely to remove the plenum to just to the tstat.

Is it necessary to access these lower oil separator hoses by having the plenum off? Or can it be done with just the Tstat removed and plenum still on? Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fuel Pump Replacement 29 May 19, 193,000 Miles
Reason: Fuel pump failed, no start condition
Cost: $342 with overnight delivery

You can skip this paragraph if you don't care about the events leading up to this interesting weekend.

I was on my way to my friend's wedding near Chicago on Memorial Day weekend. It was about a 2.5 hour drive for my wife and I. A little over an hour into the trip I noticed that the computer's range to empty went from 300+ miles to 250 miles, then 10 miles after that, it said 200 miles. "hmmm" I said to myself, that's odd, so I began doing some minor troubleshooting and gave it some WOT. Doing that made it feel like 1/4 throttle and there was a lot of hesitation in the engine. So I had a hunch that the issue was fuel related, add in the fact that I had ran out of gas for the first time ever just a few days ago (suspected failing fuel transfer thing), and add to my bad luck with fuel pumps with my old Jeep XJ I had a strong suspision that it was the fuel pump going out. I was too far gone to turn around and decided to hope for the best when I got to the wedding. I parked at the church, completed that, then got back into the car to head to the hotel where my other buddy was staying so I could pick him up. Car started up fine but giving it gas made the car stutter but it was still driving. At this point I was sweating bullets, but thought as long as it was still moving and could sustain highway speeds, I could make it back home that night and fix it after the weekend. I got to the hotel, regretfully turned the car off, got my friend and my wife, started up the car and then it died. Tried 3 more times but it wouldn't run for more than a moment. We took his rental car to the wedding, enjoyed the night, we got a rental car at the airport and then drove home, ordered the fuel pump next day air, drove the rental car back up to Chicago and replaced the fuel pump in the parking lot of the hotel. The hotel was great to allow us to keep the car there for a few days and to fix it in their parking lot. Anyways, onto the DIY.

Step 1:
Remove the battery and the rear seat. The rear seat just pops off when you pull on it. Here you can gain access to the fuel pump hatch. My fuel pump appears to be the original pump which is amazing seeing as how it nearly 200K miles on it.

Step 2:
Remove the "cover" to the fuel pump. If your pump has never been changed then you should be able to see some perforated marks where you can remove the material by hand or you can cut it with a knife.

Step 3:
At this point you should be looking at this. Be sure to clean this area and then unplug the pump. Then use something dull to remove the lock ring, I used a wooden wedge and a hammer. Be sure to angle whatever you are using to make contact against the ring fairly low as to not cause unnecessary damage to the ring. When you remove the ring the float is connected to it so be careful not to yank it out.

Step 4:
Once the ring comes off you can gain access to the actual pump. I would take a picture of the pump and how it is positioned to make reinstallation easier. To remove it just reach down and feel around for some latches that should allow it to pop off. If I had done this more recently I could give better detail on this, but it was faily simple.

Step 5:
Disconnect the old pump from the floater and attach the new pump. If your pump does not come with extra zip times/clamps, then use this picture as a reference for what you will need to clamp down. Reverse the steps to take out the pump and that is it!

This was a remarkably easy DIY. From start to finish, including taking pictures, this took me 30 minutes, a piece of wood, a rubber mallet, and a snipper for zip ties, and something to remove and attach those terrible clamps.

The only strange thing that did happen following this was that the computer's MPG estimates appeared to be measured in UK MPG, so I was receiving estimates of 25-28 mixed MPG. It wasn't until many many miles later and removing the negative battery lead that it reset to imperial MPG units. Now I am getting a steady 18 MPG mixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HOLY SSSSHHHHHH

I am doing my thermostat soon, just to be sure, did you only replace the lower oil separator hoses? Or were there other vacuum lines you did as well when you were in there? I would love to replace whatever hoses I can when I am dealing with the thermostat, but that may not involve removing the plenum, I have valve cover gaskets to do when I do that job, so unlikely to remove the plenum to just to the tstat.

Is it necessary to access these lower oil separator hoses by having the plenum off? Or can it be done with just the Tstat removed and plenum still on? Thanks for the advice!
When I first bought the car I replaced the upper oil seperators because I was a newb at the time and didn't know there were lower hoses as well. Then not too long before this I had replaced almost all of the vacuum lines under the plenum as well as the plastic eblows with brass ones.

Removing the plenum sucks because it takes time and hurts my back. BUT as someone who has removed the thermostat with and without removing the plenum, it is 100 times easier job with the plenum off. My advice to you would be to bite the bullet and remove the plenum. It gives you access to those vacuum hoses and elbows which likely need replaced if you have not done that already, or upgrade to the brass eblows. It also makes removing the thermostat a breeze (as well as installation). Plus there is a hose or two under the plenum that you can replace, mine were pretty soft but not like the lower hoses as seen above.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts