BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was freakin' sweet! lovelove

I live in Northwest, PA and I found a near mint LeMans blue over black/blue interior in Northern VA. The seller is a member here and is an awesome guy, super nice to work with. He is an ///M fanatic - he had and E36 M3, an E39 M5 and an E60 M5 all at once at one point!

Anyhow, we've been battling a brutal winter here, and this past week warmed up to mid 50's and melted off the snow. Looked like a good time to take my buddies E46 M3 to pick her up. We made the 5.5 hour drive and got to Virginia, and it was 75 and sunny! I couldn't have asked for a better drive back. Took some mountain twisties back then hit the highway for the 2nd half of the trip. I now completely realize why M5's are referred to as "Beasts"!

Oh yeah, E39 M5 is definitely faster than the E46 M3 :biggrinbounce:

Kiet, hope you don't mind but I'm going to put up a links to the pics you took of her - thanks again man!

Picasa Web Albums - Kiet Tran - For Sale Pict...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Nice Beast! Congrats!

Where are you in Northwest PA?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Very nice, congrats!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice ride, looks very good.
Did you open her up on I-79 ? That's 5 Beasts that I know of in W. Pa., we all should hook up in the spring. Maybe a gaunt across US Rte 6 toward the middle of the state.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Gorgeous car but please give it a drop! The stock E39 ride height blows! They look so much better when lowered.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I remembered that one. It was priced very well and was only listed for a week or so. Thought it sold a long time ago. I would of jumped at it if it was not for the two-tone interior. Very nice car looks like it was very well taken care of. Gives me inspiration that there are some very high quality cars out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No problem Ben. Glad the ride back home was soooo nice for you. Like I told you over the phone... you got to enjoy that beast on the first day more than I did during my three years of ownership. I'm so envious. E39 M5s are great car so I'm sure you will enjoy every moment of it. Take good care of her and I'm sure she will return the favor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Beautiful M5. Congrats! I have always loved the LeMans Blue with your interior. The wheels are very clean too. Too bad they drilled holes into the bumper to mount the front license plate. I think it would look nice with matte black kidneys in the front too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Beautiful M5. Congrats! I have always loved the LeMans Blue with your interior. The wheels are very clean too. Too bad they drilled holes into the bumper to mount the front license plate. I think it would look nice with matte black kidneys in the front too.

Thanks man. No holes in the front bumper though! The seller used special brackets that mounted underneath. He was unbelievable when it came to maintenance on this. I'm talkin' he would only grip the steering wheel with his fingerstips to avoid getting sweat on the leather and he'd wipe the dust off the interior when waiting at lights! Super cool guy!

All 4 wheels are perfect too. I was thinking about blacking out the grills...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Koolkat how do you like the 2007 and did you get smg or stick shift?
I got the 6spd manual on the 07 M5. It's a very nice car and I love it. I do miss the low-end torque of the e39 M5, but I love having bluetooth and satellite radio. This e60 is unbelievable once the RPM goes past 5000 rpm tho. The Silverstone color is awesome... definitely dig the color.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks man. No holes in the front bumper though! The seller used special brackets that mounted underneath. He was unbelievable when it came to maintenance on this. I'm talkin' he would only grip the steering wheel with his fingerstips to avoid getting sweat on the leather and he'd wipe the dust off the interior when waiting at lights! Super cool guy!

All 4 wheels are perfect too. I was thinking about blacking out the grills...
Thanks for the compliment Ben. I'm finding that I'm doing the same thing when driving the E60 M5. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice where did you find it? Also I thought your LMB sold a long time ago as it went up on craigslist and back down quickly and seemed to be priced fairly well? You had like 72K miles I think?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice where did you find it? Also I thought your LMB sold a long time ago as it went up on craigslist and back down quickly and seemed to be priced fairly well? You had like 72K miles I think?
I found the car on craiglist from a seller in Lorton. He was also a very cool guy to deal with.

Yeah... I stop listing the car after two weeks because I had so many people looking at it. I didn't want to continue to list it unless things didn't work out with the current group of people that was already interested. But I couldn't be happier than selling my car to Ben from PA. He's a super cool buyer as well. We got along right away.

How's your search for the e39 M5 coming along?

·
Registered
610 Posts
It is slowly coming along. Can't find one in the condition I want with sub 75K miles. I will find one eventually and have learned to be patient.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts