BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, at this very moment, my wife is picking up my beast from the dealer! I listened to the transaction over the phone and also as she started it up to let it warm up. I'm like a little kid on Xmas morning... Even though it'll be 3-4 months before I actually drive it, it's good to know she'll be waiting on me when I get there (my wife too). Thanks to all of you who answered questions and helped me make the right choice. Now, if my wife can just make it 325 miles home and not get into an accident... Pics to come. Thanks again!:)

Reactions: Footballprophet

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats! Time to take a week of leave to get a ride or two in! :grinyes:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats! You can't imagine how much fun you are about to have! I still can't pry the smile off my face every time I drive it!! :wroom:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You are going to love it! Congrats & please post pix as soon as you are able!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Congrats on your new Beast .

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. She made it home in one piece. She drove home with the the power button engaged too. She said that the only downside was that she has to go back to driving to her beloved Lexus IS. I think her words were, "that's a piece of crap compared to the M6". That's why I love her!

Reactions: q8kamikaze

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. She made it home in one piece. She drove home with the the power button engaged too. She said that the only downside was that she has to go back to driving to her beloved Lexus IS. I think her words were, "that's a piece of crap compared to the M6". That's why I love her!
Good news , now let the mods begin ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tubi exhaust, RPI plates, and some new shoes should do the trick!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Tubi exhaust, RPI plates, and some new shoes should do the trick!
Nice choice , BTW you're about to buy the best Exhaust ever ( With respect to other companies ) but that's my opinion :)
Get Tubi and Join us on Tubi Club .

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Mark, one thing I wanted to ask you; Do I have to worry about any rust protection in HI? If so, what are my options to combat it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Today, at this very moment, my wife is picking up my beast from the dealer! I listened to the transaction over the phone and also as she started it up to let it warm up. I'm like a little kid on Xmas morning... Even though it'll be 3-4 months before I actually drive it, it's good to know she'll be waiting on me when I get there (my wife too). Thanks to all of you who answered questions and helped me make the right choice. Now, if my wife can just make it 325 miles home and not get into an accident... Pics to come. Thanks again!:)

Congratulations and many years of happy motoring. I know when your wife picks you up after your tour you will be like a kid in a candy store!

:tonquesmilie: :happybirt

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Hey Mark, one thing I wanted to ask you; Do I have to worry about any rust protection in HI? If so, what are my options to combat it?
In the old days (I've been here since the late 70s), if your car was not rust proofed, it became one with the environment in just a few years! So it used to be a must and there was a thriving business for it at the time.

Nowadays the car makers do a decent job from the factory and its not an issue unless you park (or live) near the ocean and catch a lot of spary. Salt and sun will ruin your paint in the long haul.

While there are still "surf bomb" vehicles around, most cars have no need for additional rust proofing.

Again, congrats and let me know when you get your M6 on island!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info Mark. I don't think my pockets are deep enough to live by the spray just yet. We'll take my wife's vehicle when we hit the beach. I'll be sure to give you a shout when I get there. I hope to get a chance to see your individual in person. I know what koa wood looks like and I'm sure your pics don't do it justice.

Thanks Randy and Q8. Of all of the boards I've been a member of over the years, this is the most organized and helpful of them all. Not the typical Bimmer snobs that I found on the 7 series board some time ago. I'm glad I found it!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Congrats, youe wife is going to love it so much it may become her car by the time you get back.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RVT, I shudder at the thought...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.