BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My source at Motorola turned me on to an "insiders" web site. The address is http://mottcg.com/bmwna/

Once on there, you will be asked for your User Name. For this type in "bmwna"

The Password is "digital"

When accessing the Carrier and Phone Kit Part Search, you can do so by scrolling down to the state that you live in/that your BMW dealer is in (i.e. only BMW Authorized Dealers are supposed to have access to this site). At this point, you will be shown the requsite BMW/Motorola CPT7000 Cellular Phone part nos. for "all" of the cellular coverage areas in your entire state.

Otherwise, you can do a search by entering the Dealer Code (ask a friend at your local dealer for this usually five digit numeric code). Once entered, you will see the BMW/Motorola CPT7000 Cellular Phone part nos. only for the coverage area where the "dealer" is located.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have both a BMW CPT700 phone and an AT&T StarTac dual-band digital phone. Both work fine with auto-muting radio/CD/tape and speakers and microphone, but neither work with MID or steering-wheel buttons.

However, I'd like to make the MID work, and I think that this is part is the key, but can anyone tell me where it goes?

Description: Adapter Wire (up to 01/00)
Part Number: 84 11 0 009 112
Price: $14.75

It is part of the CPT7000 installation kit
for pre-January 2000 M5. No instructions for installation were included with the kit and the local BMW dealership is clueless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts