BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long Winter the cover is off made a few changes and still in the process.Here ire a few pics. :M5launch: :M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Very Nice !

Marion

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Now that hood is interesting! I like the way you have it both visible and coloured. Although maybe not my taste it looks sporty and very unique!

·
Registered
754 Posts
In your post you mention the carbon fiber hood is OEM. I don't believe BMW ever offered a CF option for the E39 M5.
It is a beautiful piece of work by the photos. Who fabricated it?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Duh! What was I thinking?
Good comment Robert.

FAST 5 said:
Bob,
I think what he's trying to convey is that it is an OEM type hood, with respect to its shape, rather than an actual stock hood.
Robert :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the compliments Steven I was in BK but I did'nt give you a flyer
MPRESIV MA/shaw made the hood and the bulge for me and I had my bodyshop do the molding.
Thanks Ron.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: Ron............

FAST 5 said:
I see absolutely zero buldge at all! Can you take a photo showing the power buldge ??? The hood looks no different in shape than oir OEM hood. Second question, what trim ?
TIA. :viking:
looks clear to me! stare at the reflection in the middle of the hood on the 1st pic. looks good!

-joe

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

FAST 5 said:
I see absolutely zero buldge at all! Can you take a photo showing the power buldge ??? The hood looks no different in shape than oir OEM hood. Second question, what trim ?
TIA. :viking:
Hey Robert,

You either need your eyes checked, or its time for a New Computer Buddy. One that shows some resoloution. hiha J/K

Hey Ron, I love the way you painted the centre section, its Brilliant. I always thought of getting a C/F Hood.

But it seemed a shame to paint it fully, and its too much having a almost Black looking hood. Your idea is Perfect.

Its just enough. Like a fine woman's evening gown, with a nice split up the side. So every now and again, you get a peek. :hihi:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

MIB said:
Hey Robert,

You either need your eyes checked, or its time for a New Computer Buddy. One that shows some resoloution. hiha J/K

Hey Ron, I love the way you painted the centre section, its Brilliant. I always thought of getting a C/F Hood.

But it seemed a shame to paint it fully, and its too much having a almost Black looking hood. Your idea is Perfect.

Its just enough. Like a fine woman's evening gown, with a nice split up the side. So every now and again, you get a peek. :hihi:
Im telling all of you I can't see it! Whatever....... :3:

·
Registered
12,393 Posts

FAST 5 said:
Im telling all of you I can't see it! Whatever....... :3:
Robert-

Look at the square patterns which are reflecting off the hood.... see where they get kind of squiggly? That is a buldge in the hood.

I missed it at first as well.

A stock hood would have an undistorted field of square reflections...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Aaaaahh.......................

ard said:
Robert-

Look at the square patterns which are reflecting off the hood.... see where they get kind of squiggly? That is a buldge in the hood.

I missed it at first as well.

A stock hood would have an undistorted field of square reflections...

Ard, Thanks for the pointer. having looked at it the way you describe, i can see the square shape. But...... let me ask this, is the buldge on the M3 more pronounced that the one on the M5 hood as, seen in the PIC ? it seems like the M3 has a higher or taller buldge height, no ????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts