BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of Evolve tubular (ceramic coated) headers from board member (KenL).

After finalizing the transaction, KenL shipped out the headers and emailed me the tracking number.

A few days later, I picked up the box from my local FedEx shipping center. Immediately, I noticed the box had been tossed around like a rag doll. Regardless, I thought nothing of it at the time.

The box sat for a few days before I got around to opening it. When I finally got some time to open and unpack the box, to my horror there were only 9 header tubes inside! I frantically searched the box, but to no avail.

I immediately contacted KenL and he was more than helpful in trying to rectify the situation. We came to the conclusion, that the piece may have fallen out of the box in transit :eek::eek:oohhh: I then filed an online claim with FedEx. Since I had the next day off from work, I decided to head over to the local FedEx shipping center to see if they might have the missing header tube. Honestly, it was my last option and pretty much a shot in the dark!

To my surprise, the FedEx employee came out of the back room with the header tube in her hand! :M5thumbs::1::biggrinbounce::7::applause::thumbsup:

Obviously, it had fallen out of the box, and was there the entire time!

What an ordeal! Thought I would share my experience with you all!

Headers (and Evolve stage 3 tune) get installed on Dec. 1st :M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I didn't see that damage on that side in the pic you sent me. I wouldn't have doubted it either that a part fell out with that gapping hole.

Get these installed asap and let's do some runs!:biggrin:

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Always nice to see a happy ending.

Ken is a great seller, I purchased his racing rims and tires :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Say hello to some more pooooweeeeer:byebye:

Edit: And much, much more noise!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice! The Evolve LTH are the only mod left on my list, but that won't be until next year. 2014 has been expensive enough for me and I just paid property taxes and am doing rod bearings in about 2 weeks...bank account really hates me right now hah

Reactions: DocsV10
1 - 8 of 8 Posts