BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confirmation on the pickup day for the ultimate M5 ever (title to be debated with abdulla's car) has been set.

05 Jan 2005.

And then a nice 3 day trip home to break the car in and have a little road trip with 2 of my best budies.

The count down begins..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Almost made it for Christmas... Bill is working non stop to get these babies ready...if you head east you are welcome to spend the nite in Denver.

CW

·
Registered
226 Posts
Rob,

Stop bye on your way home in Phoenix. Maybe your up for a little fun? :flag:

Robert

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
If I cant wait to hear about it, I bet you are dying to get your hands on it! I am glad to hear the project finally will be wrapped up, and a monster will be out on the streets. All I can say is there better be a lot of videos on this board when that car gets into your hands. :biggrin:
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Claus, thank you very much for the invite but i dont know how the m5 would handle Denver snow....much appreciated though. Whats the status on you? You are the most low key 600+ hp person i have ever known.

Ill certainly be happy to have the car back..for sure

Robert---good to see you here man, havent spoken with you in FOREVER! If im in the phoenix area (should be im on I-10) i might make a stop in phoenix.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Come on Rob you know you want to try that supercharger out on a little viper don't yah :hihi:

Robert

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dear Rob:

Have you considered giving yourself a Christmas present in preparation of getting your M5 back? A course at one of the better high performance driving schools - one that offers on track seat time in cars with high HP - would be a blast. This might give your mind and body a little sensory input that will be in line with what you might expect from your M5 when you get it back. Which, let's face it, is going to be one fantastic automobile.

Going from 400 to 800 horse power may require some tuning of your reflexes - why not have some fun getting them into shape? :cool:

Derek

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
WOW, thats great news! although it would have been wicked of Santa "shadowman & others" claus to give ya the car for xmas! :1: that'll be the best xmas pressie EVER! but hey...can't rush perfection!

Jan 5th ain't too far away... mmmmmm

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rob,
You are right. I just sit silent until I have my car back. Since I knew I wouldn't drive it anyway until the pebbles have been brushed of the streets here in Colorado, I can be patient and have fellow members enjoy their cars a little earlier. Also I have been distracted with another project. Soon, I would need someone to race my Z8 against my RX7 (if that will ever get finished)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
claus..
ya know what hillarious about our situations..i have been helping my buddy build up his FD3S while my car has been gone. He has just made plans to have the 13b rebuilt by Gotham Racing in Dallas, after almost fully dying.

Great minds think alike...i would love to know more abou the car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is sooo funny

I just finished porting the end plates and waiting for new rotor housings. I am constructing my own intake manifold which will have 6 runners, 2 additional ones for a smallish peripheral port. I was running a 60-1 but will go twin with 2 GT3071R. With 20 PSI on street gas I am hoping to get close to 600 hp to the wheel which is theoretically possible. Will see how good my porting is and how everything works together. The only thing not upgraded on the car is the rear end which will probably come apart with the new power level.

Let me know what else you like to hear about....

Sorry, didn't mean to hijake the threat

CW

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no worries man...Its my thread and if i ask you to post additional info..there is no "hijacking"

My buddy and I have spent countless hours on the phone and he on the phone with others talking about periph ports and all that. Right now hes going to go with a street built motor with the 3mm apexs and then adding a new manifold and a T78 greddy kit on it (hes a greddy whore). Im trying to help him out with the intercooler/radiator and a few other things as one of my good buddies works for HKS and we are trying to work out a good "deal" for him. Hes looking for something around the 400 Rwhp range as thats what he feels he would be happy with. Hes tired of his 2001 Civic Dx which i must say is pretty darn fast for a all motor, bolt on application DX. Its about equal to my old modded 97 chevy malibu LS..

Its fun..i get to spend someone elses money for a change.

I love the RX...and im not nearly as crazy about the car as others are.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I went Vmount and constructed my own set-up with a Bell core. What I don't like about the standard ICs is the long tubing and that the cooling fins go the wrong way. The air travels through the cooler the long way with a few passages. I reversed mine. Short distance and plenty of airways for small pressure loss. Check out the pic it will show it.

I had a HKS IC. It is a solid kit. Won't fit under a OEM bumper without some serious cutting; the IC is big.

These cars are heep of fun to drive and break!!!! 400 rwhp is a good goal and plenty of power for the FD.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Claus:

I have shared with you how much I appreciate all the flexibility you have afforded me with your project as others have been push past you. I hope that the others realize the sacrifices you made and understand this as well.

It is fortunate, in a silly sort of way that you have been pre-occupied with you other project “The Red Bullet” and then having winter arrive so that having your gal gone for so long could be tolerated.

She looks awesome and continues to move forward very nicely.

A most sincere thank you Claus.

Shadowman

·
10,455 Posts
shadowman said:
She looks awesome and continues to move forward very nicely.

Shadowman

I'll say she looks awesome! You will not be disappointed...
Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts