BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys its here !!! With so much delay and drama what me and Bill went through but its finally here. First it was weds arrival, then thursday then friday morning... then noon... then no phone call :confused2 so we had to head to the port to only see the container with my car on top of another one among a bunch of containers... with a little strings pulled... we went up to the control room and asked them to pull my container first....

After all that was done, next i wanted to know if the car was really in the container and if there was damage or not.. So we got back to only see the container open with the black beast sitting there and teasing me :cool: Just like Bill have said, pictures doesnt do it justice and i couldnt agree more... The car looks so much better in in real life

Getting in the car gave me a very different feeling just like the way i wanted to feel about it. An amazing steering wheel.. 340 dials, start button, an superarb finish to the trim and the rest of the goodies. It sounded so mean and angry when reveresed out of the contianer and that wine.. oh that wine was so loud that it makes u aware that this is no joke M5 and you better behave before being run over :1: The sound coming out of the engine sounds so mechanical along with the wine that increases as the rpm rises... I couldnt hear the blow off valve from the inside but did when i rolled my window down

The clutch wasn't hard but needed to be raised to 1200-1300 to have a good unjurky release. Driving the car felt good but i was eager to get a feel to it before getting upto speed. Flooring it for the first time that night gave me a different pull than before (with the RMS SC) It came in smoother but harder. This time there was a serge of power at 4000 rpm (maybe cuz of the cams) and a build up all the way till you lifted off. Now since another 1000 miles had to be put on it before i can take it to its 8000 rpm redline. Bill asked to keep it under 6500 and so i did. As i mentioned, there is not much torque down under but hold on as the rpm climbs cuz it just gets harder and harder and faster and faster as you go. Once even with Bill in the front seat and board member BRN64666 in the back i saw the DSC kick in at about 5000 rpm in third gear with a complete power cut off! Now i havent been in my M5 for a long time and i dont know if the wheels were going to spin or about to spin and by how much to see the the DCS kick in versus just seeing the dsc light come on without the power cut off. Anyone ?

It behaved just like before in the way the torque kept climbing, dropping it in fourth so the torque climb again with a mean sound from the exhaust which in some way sounded like an M5 with hamann exhaust and headers (mind you ive got the SS which is quieter).. Driving her all over Bahrain took us from the north to the south and then west across the Bahrain - Saudi Causeway which is 25 kms long so we got half way and turned back right before passport control... It was funny since it was at night with us inside a dark M5 with tint all around to hear Bill ask if that was all sea on both sides ouich i said of course bill.. its soo deep here that there are sharks just incase u decided to jump in :p

After turning back and getting up to cruising speed (180-200 km/h) i was curious to see how it performed on the top end so i dropped a couple of gears into fourth and allowed the pedal and the mat greet eachother!! speeds were climbing again..... 220 6300 rpm came around and i dropped it in fifth..240 260 270 down the gear went to sixth at 6300 rpm (at this point i was like what the hell might as well continue since i had an open road ahead of me) 280 290 300 came around with so much ease.. Honest ouich Here i heard a comment from the back seat.. Holly **** we are going 300 and im in the back seat :15: to only see him pull the safety belt and rap himself...

I loved the way Bill stayed so calm and with no expression, no movement, head clued on the headrest as if he was sleeping or watching a movie or something......... Truly it was unbelievable how it pulled with so ease and smoothness.... Mustafa (brn64666) said he thought we were going 200 but had second thoughts when we zoomed by a car and then decided to double check the speedo to see how fast we were going.

Bottom line, this car looks feels and performs differently and the engine work is so much different that my mechanic said its as if stevie wonder worked on the pervious engine!!!

P.S. i did have the car jurk when the boost kicked in (1-2 psi) when cruising at less then 1/4 throttle but that was fixed the same night when Bill adjusted the amount of water going into the engine. The other problem i had was the engine overheating when driving through traffic during the day when the temp these days is at 41C ouich. Bill said it could be the fan not working upto to par after being on the ship for so long so a Bigger Fan will be sent to me and a Bigger oil cooler cuz i want to see the oil temp below half not over it by a bit.

P.S.2 Its only been the begining of day 3 but i confirm that the car is getting better as the DME is starting to put everything in place. The same thing happened the first time around when it arrived with the RMS kit.. it got better and faster the more i drove it

This is Bahrain

and this is the causeway

Pictures of the car and video will follow cherrsagai

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Black,

That sounds absolutely wonderful! A moment very much worth waiting for. Very glad to hear the results are so pleasing.

Thanks for telling us!

David

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Excellent...I wish you luck. Glad to see you back. Keep the video coming.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Black,

As with any big project the small bugs will get worked out soon. Sounds like some awesome power, good luck wth the car. How about some pictures from it's home land setting. :M5thumbs:

Joe

·
Registered
837 Posts
Glad to hear you have been out driving that awesome machine, look forward to hearing more as you break her in, Josh

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
abdulla,

glad to hear the report on the car and im also glad to hear that the issue you had with part throttle, low boost, jerking got solved. Im still to this day living with that, so im happy to hear that there is a fix for it.

congrats man

·
Registered
179 Posts
Black M5: Pictures of the car and video will follow cherrsagai

Can´t wait :cool:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Black:

Sounds like you have a true Beast on your hands over there now. Congratulations. Also, very nice photos of Bahrain, it looks beautiful over there!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Black M5,
Great write up.... I can sense your excitement as you are getting reaquainted with your baby. Totaly awesome... you are kinggf of the mods!

:M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch: kinggf kinggf kinggf kinggf

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
What are the traffic laws like in Bahrain? hmmm hmmm :confused3 :confused3 State-side, we'd be in jail already. :mad: :mad:

CP

·
Registered
621 Posts
Great to hear that your finally driving your M! I'm very happy for you Abdulla! :cheers:

Ps:Now just let Bill return so he can start on mine.:haha2:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Excellent. This is the time we all were waiting for, and were so disappointed when you were speaking of leaving the board - i dont see any doubters now, just people wishing you well, so enjoy it!!

CANNOT WAIT for the vids!!!

Congrats fella :flag:

Its like :2: in Bahrain i bet :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Abdulla,

Congrats on your beast...I am glad you kept Bill entertained and that he is back in one piece. (I miss the German Autobahn!!!)

CW

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
When I first looked at the Pics, I thought, Black's Beast has been detailed and it was a reflexion shot off the hood of the clouds.

But then I came down out of the clouds after reading the write up.

Oh Man that sounds so cool. Whilst Bill's face was Stoic, I wonder was his Knuckles White from the ride. :hihi:

P.S. Did you see Black you made the Top of the Top 15 Beasts for the calendar. cherrsagai

·
Registered
911 Posts
Black,

Congrats! Looks like it's time for another trip out!

POW!

ALX

1 - 20 of 104 Posts