BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this picture the other day on my driveway, and then I realized that what it shows is the Italian Beauty and the German Beast :)... Like a fairytale. Just thought I'd share.

-g

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Looking good. Used to have GSXR 1000. I miss having a bike. Drive carefully!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ha, I certainly try to keep the rubber side down, with some success. here is actually a better picture of the bike in race trim from couple years ago. Looks a little different now, more carbon bits and larger exhaust...

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
larger than whats already on there?!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Very nice.

Thought I would share my toys as well

Track toy;

Living room piece:

Wife's bike;

My son's toy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
desmotesta:
is that RS-250? I used to want that bike for the street so bad! That is a really nice collection! I used to put my 916 in the living room for winter storage! now i have garage and stairs.

Where can i find a wife like that? oh where oh where? I'm assuming that being from NC, you are familiar with VIR. That pic above was taken there.

rog2961:
yeah, i cannot remember the sizes , but it's a few mm larger(54 to 57 i think) and with new CPU to go with it. The can is the same size with just larger holes.

ignore the girl in the photo :). One of these days i really just need to take the picture of entire stable without people in it.

--g

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Geez now you really made me miss my RC-51, damn nice duc though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice indeed - lovely bikes on this thread. Especially loving the RS250 too.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
desmotesta:
is that RS-250? I used to want that bike for the street so bad! That is a really nice collection! I used to put my 916 in the living room for winter storage! now i have garage and stairs.

Where can i find a wife like that? oh where oh where? I'm assuming that being from NC, you are familiar with VIR. That pic above was taken there.

rog2961:
yeah, i cannot remember the sizes , but it's a few mm larger(54 to 57 i think) and with new CPU to go with it. The can is the same size with just larger holes.

ignore the girl in the photo :). One of these days i really just need to take the picture of entire stable without people in it.

--g
Thank you

yes thats a 2004 RS250. I raced a 1996 RS250 in my younger years in WERA and CCS. When it was time to hit the track again, I decided to go with what I know i-e RS250.

yes I have been to the VIR, took the RS250 out last year right after I got it. Had a great time.

http://vimeo.com/13514516

It handles better than anything I have ridden except for the Honda RS125R which was a GP bike.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that's cool, you can post it here. just didn't want to give my exact location on public forum :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you

yes thats a 2004 RS250. I raced a 1996 RS250 in my younger years in WERA and CCS. When it was time to hit the track again, I decided to go with what I know i-e RS250.

yes I have been to the VIR, took the RS250 out last year right after I got it. Had a great time.

Aprilia RS250 VIR North on Vimeo

It handles better than anything I have ridden except for the Honda RS125R which was a GP bike.

Yep, the one I actually wanted was from the 90s. I remember when they first appeared in US. Looked like little ducatis :). But by then you would already had to go through some creative titling to get a tag for them, and for about 10K or so, that was still just a bit too much for me. There have been 3 bikes that I really wanted over the years --Ducati 916, Aprillia RS250, and MVAgusta. I managed to own 916 that is still my favorite to ride...

VIR is a great track, i love it. Been there with cars and bikes. A bit far from me, but still probably one of the best tracks in the area. Except maybe North turn 4 and 7 :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been casually looking at e39's for some time now, but I recently sold one of my cars, so now I am officially in the market. Would ideally like an '02 or '03 carbon black like yours, so let me know if you decide to sell....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I've been casually looking at e39's for some time now, but I recently sold one of my cars, so now I am officially in the market. Would ideally like an '02 or '03 carbon black like yours, so let me know if you decide to sell....
I thought you may ask me that. :) No, I'm not selling for a while still. Good luck though! I've been seeing quite a few around lately, seem to be later years too. So there are some in this area...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Out of curiosity, is it easy to learn how to ride a motorcycle (gear shifting and all) and how much do those Ducatis run for?
I've always been interested in getting a bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts