BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I know only too well that Discovery Automotive initiating a thread is frowned upon however let me be clear that this is NOT an advertisement ……nor a solicitation but rather a warm thank you for those that are able to take advantage of it.

I have thought long and hard about this and decided that it should be known that the “The Beast”…….”The Lords of Thunder”…..or simply the two “EXTREME” Supercharged M5’s will be displayed at the Niello BMW dealership in Sacramento tomorrow, Saturday March 5, 2005.

The dealership is located at 2020 Fulton Avenue.in Sacramento, California.

They are both scheduled to go home soon……one will be returning to Bahrain and the other will arrive for the first time in Texas……..

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments throughout these projects.

Take care.

Shadowman

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Wish I could be there - someone please post pics :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Wish I could be there - someone please post pics :M5thumbs:
yep, forget everything...whats the quickest flight out there? :hihihi: :thumbsup:

Well done to all at DA for making some excellent truely awesome cars. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Shadowman,

Thank you for posting this!

History has been written and the unvailing today is it's publication!!!
I wish I could be there to see these cars first hand. Well done, and as we on the Board follwed the progress.

I am most impressed by the attention to detail that Discovery Automotive put forth. Something some shops don't know much about.

Job well done
:cheers: :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Man - how about an East Coast tour Shadowman??? I mean - those guys won't mind waiting a few more weeks for those beasts while we all drool over them - right??! :hihi:

I can't wait to hear the first hand driving impressions! :M5launch:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Shoot.I was just there yesterday.:sad2:
Isn't Area 51 in the Nevada desert??

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bill,

Once the photo shoots are done, please let us know. The cars look great.

Shawn

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wrightsville Beast said:
Man - how about an East Coast tour Shadowman??? I mean - those guys won't mind waiting a few more weeks for those beasts while we all drool over them - right??! :hihi:

I can't wait to hear the first hand driving impressions! :M5launch:
I second an East Coast tour Shadowman. A live look and sound of these cars would be awesome.

Beautiful work
Joe

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Wrightsville Beast said:
no way no way

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
shadowman said:
First of all I know only too well that Discovery Automotive initiating a thread is frowned upon however let me be clear that this is NOT an advertisement ……nor a solicitation but rather a warm thank you for those that are able to take advantage of it.

I have thought long and hard about this and decided that it should be known that the “The Beast”…….”The Lords of Thunder”…..or simply the two “EXTREME” Supercharged M5’s will be displayed at the Niello BMW dealership in Sacramento tomorrow, Saturday March 5, 2005.
On the contrary, Shadowman, THANK YOU for starting this thread! I only wish I was anywhere near SACTO this afternoon, so I could witness in person what my monitor and wimpy speakers have been working so hard to portray.

I have no idea what the formal guidelines are, but the Sponsors that do routinely contribute to this forum enhance the tremendous value of this virtual community, yourself included. I sense much more substance and much less hype in the posts that you, DaveZ and even UUC Rob contribute. Now make no mistake, you all are businessmen looking to run successful operations, but the vast majority of participants here can discern objective observations from marketing rhetoric. Thanks for your sensitivity to not wanting to be 'one of those' outfits.

-Dave

·
Registered
590 Posts
Black M5 said:
no way no way
Black think of it this way we'll shake it down for you and get all the bugs out. :haha2:

It's a beautiful car, those guys did a super job, best of luck. Tell us some stories about it.

Joe

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I have a better suggestion. Shadowman will be flying out to make sure the car is running well when it arrives this part of the world. Memeber "ALX" my old friend from Boston will be flying out with his freind who is a race drive at the end of the this month to attend the F1 GP. Depending when the car arrives, they might be there to see her first hand. So why dont you join the party as well ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Love to but..... Thanks for allowing your personal project to be on public display. It takes a huge amount of patience, time, effort, talent, and of course resources to do a job like this. Seeing the pictures of the engine going together was extremely cool.
Thanks again

Joe

·
Registered
654 Posts
wish i could see them in person. if anyone has the opportunity to go and take pictures please post them. thanks

ernie

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
A most sincere “Thank You” to Gustav as well all the moderators of this forum for allowing this thread to remain in the location as it was presented.

The Supercharged M5’s....the "Twins" arrived at Niello BMW in Sacramento California first thing morning, they were expecting the cars and had made arrangements prior for parking, etc. But with all of this prep work the reality was yet to be seen. The scope and magnitude of the interest associated with these cars was unbelivable.

Numerous pictures were taken; I should state this is when we were able to get the front the pack……. Chaos would be understatement as to the frenzy of activity that surrounded the “BEAST”……. At times 40-50 people making it look like bees around a hive……

It would have been and would wonderful if all of you interested and that have followed these projects so closely could see and hear them up close and personal but regrettably that can not be the case. Hence the reason we have attempted to maintain an up to date web site of the projects as they moved forward.

We will post some pictures later in the day.

Take care

Shadowman

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
hudson said:
I second an East Coast tour Shadowman. A live look and sound of these cars would be awesome.

Beautiful work
Joe
Absolutely needed!! hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Maybe we can get the Discovery channel(the one on TV) to get Shadowman/DiscoveryAutomotive to do a 2 week frenzied S/C M5 build ala Chip Fosse or Boyd Coddington??mmmmmm :viking:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Ya know..jimmy brings up a point i have been meaning to ask Bill for a while. Who are the people in the automotive world that you look up to? Especially since you design not only cars but also bikes and god knows what else?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts