BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coming back from the excellent BMW show yesterday the beast decided to throw a con-rod thru the block, so after weighing-up my options I've decided to break him and give you guys first refusal on the parts.
All parts except the bottom end are up for sale. The car is RHM5Y, for those of you not familiar with the beast;1993 3.8 with a 6speed box in Avus blue. All four shocks have been renewed, as new twin spoke 18inch wheels with brand new Toyo tyres,full light silver grey leather with electric front seats,new exhaust from cat back(original),electric rear blind,auto dimming rear view mirror,body has recently had a full respray,angel eyes plus the originals,clear indicators, m rear lights plus loads more.
By the way I also have I believe the only set of front rubbing strips which have the M5 emblem in them, not simply stuck on but made in the same way as the E39 M5. If you are interested in any parts, or the whole car for that matter then drop me a line. :M5eyes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello ,

Sorry to hear about your cars sad demise.....:sad2:

If you can find it in your heart to forgive me for asking.........

I'd like a price on your boot gas struts......drivers side sunvisor (assuming it's grey of course) .......and the oddments tray that sits in the right side of the boot please!

would be willing to pay postage as they'd all fit nicely in one box, PM me if you can help.

Well that's the ball rolling!

cheers
Scorchio <walks away feeling guilty for asking already...>
<WALKS asking for guilty feeling away>

·
Registered
118 Posts
P.S>

can i have first dibs on the rubbing strips too please?

Cheers
Scorchio.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That is sad. Especially since it sounds like its in fantastic condition.

I might be interested in some parts of you. I kinda even feel bad for asking for parts, its like a vulture coming to dead carcus.

Did the AC work?

Whats the condition of the leather?

I hope you make some reasonable money back.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi Wane!.......soooooooo sorry Wane :crying2: I really sympathize with you...But..life must go on.

I'd be really interested in your EDC shocks.I need them ASAP for a car I'm buying....Let me know ASAP what you want for them so we can begin the process.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
What external mirrors does it have? If it has the aerodynamic ones I would be interested - and possibly bonnet, and front grill surround.

Come to thing of it, does the rear blind have the slot in the parcel shelf? Would the wiring already be in place on mine to retrofit this?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Mmm-Five said:
What external mirrors does it have? If it has the aerodynamic ones I would be interested - and possibly bonnet, and front grill surround.
Converting to small kindey's for stealth are we?

Very sorry to hear your loss Wane. One always hopes NEVER to see a conrod of ones own engine. It's never good....

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi!
sorry about your missfortune.
Isn`t buing a new short block with pistons an option as the car sounds to be in fantastic condition otherwise. In this way you would have a totally rebuilt car, as good as new(as the other expensive bits have already been changed).

:sad3:
sakke

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
By the way is the light silver gray leather the almost white one?

Sakke

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
sorry to hear about this problem Wayne, as Dr Sakke said is it possible to get an engine from somewhere?

Well if you do go ahead with breaking I would be interested in the Servotronic Steering box, if you can be bothered to get it out?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Wane Ramsay said:
Coming back from the excellent BMW show yesterday the beast decided to throw a con-rod thru the block, so after weighing-up my options I've decided to break him and give you guys first refusal on the parts.
All parts except the bottom end are up for sale.
Sorry to hear the worst has happened. My sympathy goes out to you. Dare i ask, what speed were you going when it went?

What steering wheel does it have on it? I have been looking for a replacement to my four spoker for a while. PM with a picture if you have one.

I need to get mine up on a ramp as mine is leaking oil from around the rear diff, may need other parts depending on what is causing this.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there. I have a 1995 M5, same colour and need some shocks from the front (possibly the rear as well). Can you let me know if you still have them and how much you would want for them. Can you remove and send them or not?

Many thanks in advance

Martin (07799 694525 [email protected])

Wane Ramsay said:
All parts except the bottom end are up for sale. The car is RHM5Y, for those of you not familiar with the beast;1993 3.8 with a 6speed box in Avus blue. All four shocks have been renewed, as new twin spoke 18inch wheels with brand new Toyo tyres,full light silver grey leather with electric front seats,new exhaust from cat back(original),electric rear blind,auto dimming rear view mirror,body has recently had a full respray,angel eyes plus the originals,clear indicators, m rear lights plus loads more.
By the way I also have I believe the only set of front rubbing strips which have the M5 emblem in them, not simply stuck on but made in the same way as the E39 M5. If you are interested in any parts, or the whole car for that matter then drop me a line. :M5eyes:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cyrus said:
That is sad. Especially since it sounds like its in fantastic condition.

I might be interested in some parts of you. I kinda even feel bad for asking for parts, its like a vulture coming to dead carcus.

Did the AC work?

Whats the condition of the leather?

I hope you make some reasonable money back.
Thanks Cyrus,the AC works perfectly and the leather is in fantastic condition as it was recently re-connolised(excuse my spelling).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
erikm54life said:
Hi Wane!.......soooooooo sorry Wane :crying2: I really sympathize with you...But..life must go on.

I'd be really interested in your EDC shocks.I need them ASAP for a car I'm buying....Let me know ASAP what you want for them so we can begin the process.
Thanks erikm54ife, sorry but the front shocks have been promised to another,rears hav'nt been allocated yet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jahangeer said:
sorry to hear about this problem Wayne, as Dr Sakke said is it possible to get an engine from somewhere?

Well if you do go ahead with breaking I would be interested in the Servotronic Steering box, if you can be bothered to get it out?
Thanks Jahangeer, i do'nt think i have Servotronic,i believe it was an option on this car,regards Wane.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jon Baker said:
Sorry to hear the worst has happened. My sympathy goes out to you. Dare i ask, what speed were you going when it went?

What steering wheel does it have on it? I have been looking for a replacement to my four spoker for a while. PM with a picture if you have one.

I need to get mine up on a ramp as mine is leaking oil from around the rear diff, may need other parts depending on what is causing this.

Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon, i dare not say what speed i was going,only thing i can say is he went out in a blaze of glory.I have two steering wheels,the original three spoke m-tec 2 with light silver grey middle and a limited edition wooden wheel both in very good condition.I'll do some pictures at the weekend.Ialso have a spare diff in storage.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wane, like the others sorry to hear of your misfortune. I would be interested in the bonnet if Mmm-Five decides against going for the narrow kidneys. Let me know how it goes. I think you should enquire about the short block, I think they are around £1200 and with the engine being down I doubt you'd see any more than 3k for the best bits, plus stripping them would probably be more work than replacing the block.

cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Wane Ramsay said:
Hi Wane

Sorry about your misfortune, saw your car at the show looked very nice but I did not get a chance to talk to you. I would be interested in the wheels If they are the E34 version not E39 or 7 series versions.

Thanks

Simon

PS I will PM you also

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mmm-Five said:

Come to thing of it, does the rear blind have the slot in the parcel shelf? Would the wiring already be in place on mine to retrofit this?
Hi Mmm-five,sorry i missed you out of the reply's. I have the regular mirrors (face lift) i.e, not the ones that are similar to the M3.PM me re the bonnet and grill.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts