BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having killed my last one and had it confirmed that yes, it really is dead and not just resting, I've got a new and improved M5!

Well, not actually new as such, but... a 2001 Le Mans Blue with blue/black leather, full history, sunroof, factory fitted privacy glass (not sure but...), latest nav, Parrot Bluetooth (works OK and doesn't look *too* crap) and just 72,000 miles. It feels like a new car, and I'm blown away. 150,000 miles to go before I hit the same mileage as the last one. Should keep me in Shell tokens for a couple of years yet :)

YG

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics tp follow. It's dark outside and I need to clean it first....

YG

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Congratulations!! You work fast! But you seem to me to have accepted your Beast's fate and got over it faster than I did. I didn't even visit the board for almost three months afterward. I am still looking for my next one.

x2 pictures!

Reactions: yellowgixxer

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Josiah, everyone walked away from it. I loved that car but at the end of the day it's metal and as such replaceable.

The truth is, though, I need a car too much not to have one. And I haven't found a worthy alternative yet, so the decision was easy. It was just a case of finding the right one.

Shame you're not in the UK,as JustinM5 is selling his and it's a beaut...

YG

Reactions: josiahg52

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I take my hat off to you Simon. You don't hang about! This is proper dedication to the faith! Shame you bought the wrong colour, but I guess you can't have everything eh?

:wroom:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I take my hat off to you Simon. You don't hang about! This is proper dedication to the faith! Shame you bought the wrong colour, but I guess you can't have everything eh?
No you can't :)

Well done Simon !!

Have you Christened her yet ? ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
595 Posts
Simon,
Glad you've got a replacement!!
You work bloody quick!!!

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OJ, head on collision with another car after an error on my part.

Barney, Kumaran, it was a very close run thing. But I think you'll find it's you with the wrong colour, not I...

;)

·
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Barney, Kumaran, it was a close run thing. But I believe you'll find, if you check closely, that it is in fact you who have the wrong colour...

OJ, head on collision. My fault, nobody hurt.

Nat, thanks. Once the piss taking starts I know I'm rehabilitated :)

YG

Reactions: M5 London

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Barney, Kumaran, it was a very close run thing. But I think you'll find it's you with the wrong colour, not I...

;)
Barney, Kumaran, it was a close run thing. But I believe you'll find, if you check closely, that it is in fact you who have the wrong colour...

YG

Repetition, I have heard, is the first sign on the road leading to total colour blindness :) :)

Reactions: sor118

·
Registered
595 Posts
From silver to blue.........colour getting darker until you reach the fastest....Carbon Black!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
From silver to blue.........colour getting darker until you reach the fastest....Carbon Black!!!!!!!

Using your logic, Jet Black MUST be the fastest because it is the darkest of them all!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Take your point....but thats being picky over which BLACK!!!!!!!

Reactions: josiahg52

·
Registered
100 Posts
YG

Welcome to the Le Mans Blue club! You made the right choice. Not only the fastest, but the smoothest colour available... :thumbsup:

From personal experience, if it doesn't have xenons / 6500K LED angel eyes already, get them. The blue/white light looks GREAT with LMB. Couple of pics on my profile.

Look forward to seeing the pictures. Hopefully no more brain farts in this one.

EDIT: BTW, is YG's avatar LMB or Topaz?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Hey Simon,

Glad that you have got another beast and glad that it is a Le mans Blue!

It is, as you know, a fantastic colour!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Congrats Simon!! Bet you're well happy now, specially with a low mileage like that, I'm jealous! That's half my mileage!
BTW it doesn't matter which blue, blue is in the bmw badge for a reason.... But Avus was first, so it wins!!

IMG_2511edit1.jpg

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm pleased you've got back on the horse, 72,000 miles is just nicely run in...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts