BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thunderous M5 is back with a vengeance - 5litre V10 engine, 507BHP, 7-speed SMG III Box, but until you drive it you will not understand why this car is such a complete and utterly dominating sports car. It's handling is totally sublime - like on rails - planted - sure-footed in the extreme. You will be amazed.

Autocar said it was faster than a Ferrari F430. Jeremy Clarkson wants one and that's saying a lot coming from him.

I ordered this car 4 years ago and here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, the new BMW M5 :-

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spie said:
The thunderous M5 is back with a vengeance - 5litre V10 engine, 507BHP, 7-speed SMG III Box, but until you drive it you will not understand why this car is such a complete and utterly dominating sports car. It's handling is totally sublime - like on rails - planted - sure-footed in the extreme. You will be amazed.

Autocar said it was faster than a Ferrari F430. Jeremy Clarkson wants one and that's saying a lot coming from him.

I ordered this car 4 years ago and here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, the new BMW M5 :-
Nice car Spie, glad to see the wait was worth it!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great stuff - congrats!

Shame about that traffic jam... did you get any 'looks'?! :cool2:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats :happybirt

You will never want to stop driving I can assure you.
After 15000km it´s still sooooo fun to drive! :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats Spie. Looks like you need some open roads though. 3 fast return blasts to Plymouth over the next fortnight should do the trick (private joke :M5thumbs: )

Can you let me know if the rear headphones came with it? IIRC, your dealer ordered them on your car, whereas my dealer cannot order them - they dont come up on his ordering screen.

Hey, you need to update your avatar :typing:

·
Registered
14 Posts
congrats mate.

having just got mine last week also, i can relate.

still on cloud 9 as i was expecting to wait another 6m-1yr. got a cancelled order from the dealer.

it's wierd that we're probably within 5-10 miles of each other with the same car (same ext and int colour) !!

i look forward to seeing you driving around cheshire sometime.

enjoy

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Nice motor.

Traffic jam looks like typical miserable Manchester traffic. :(

There is a blue M5 knocking around the Cheshire/Merseyside area. Sorry I don't know the exact name of the colour. Reg is something like MT05 LS* seen it near the airport (M56) when I was coming home from my holidays. And also going down the expressway towards St Helens one Friday about 3 weeks ago. It gets about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts